Ron Wolfly on KDUS

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
I heard some of the post game show on 1060 with Wolf. He brought up some things I totally agree with:

We won the coin toss, and took the ball instead of the wind.

35 MPH winds with wet heavy air should have helped us decide to take the wind. In conditions like this, it becomes a field position game, which we lost badly.

14 penalties. Lose the field position part of the game, then add all these penalties, and you have no chance. Most of the penalties came at times that just killed us.

Both guards and center positions played poorly today.

Wolf talked about Sam Adams knowing the snap count ...said sometimes teams audible snap counts, and Adams must have figured it out. (towards the end of the game, McCown was talking to Adams between plays, then got him on a false start a couple plays later)

Wolf thought the coaching change could have had something to do with the poor O-line play today. It's shocking to have a change like this during the season, but Denny has proven that he won't accept losing, and does whatever he thinks will help win.

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I always picture a caveman when I hear Wolfley talk over the radio.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
I always picture a caveman when I hear Wolfley talk over the radio.

You're not far off...

You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
AzCards06 said:
I heard some of the post game show on 1060 with Wolf. He brought up some things I totally agree with:

Wolf talked about Sam Adams knowing the snap count ...said sometimes teams audible snap counts, and Adams must have figured it out. (towards the end of the game, McCown was talking to Adams between plays, then got him on a false start a couple plays later)

I knew it! He was getting off the ball way to quick!

Maybe the cardinals were using a silent snap count because of crowd noise, but still I want to put this on McCown. Adams was almost single handedly beating us. As the QB, wouldn't you be responsible for stopping this kind of thing (the DT jumping the Snap count)?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
I knew it! He was getting off the ball way to quick!

Maybe the cardinals were using a silent snap count because of crowd noise, but still I want to put this on McCown. Adams was almost single handedly beating us. As the QB, wouldn't you be responsible for stopping this kind of thing (the DT jumping the Snap count)?

What's worse, Wolfley brought that up at HALFTIME on radio with pasch and Mistler. He said he thought they were going on snap count because they were just getting off too quickly, said josh needed to vary the count.

OP
OP
A

AzCards06

Rookie
Reaction score
Looked to me like Josh was drifting in the place where the pocket was supposed to be.

He was too deep a lot of the time, but he was under ridiculous pressure all day.

Anquan is 10 times better that Fitz right now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i find this interesting for one reason, i think josh gives away the snap. in fact, act cheese, midway through the game today i pointed it out to cheese. he dips a bit right before the snap. he must have to do so to get the ball. this means he's not starting low enough to begin with. when they showed a slow-motion replay of his snap i thought it was even more obvious. check it out if you've got tape.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i find this interesting for one reason, i think josh gives away the snap. in fact, act cheese, midway through the game today i pointed it out to cheese. he dips a bit right before the snap. he must have to do so to get the ball. this means he's not starting low enough to begin with. when they showed a slow-motion replay of his snap i thought it was even more obvious. check it out if you've got tape.

:hulk:

don't think it will get any easier next week. Miami just beat the NFC west division leader last week.

Then the giants? gee whiz.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think enough people understand exactly what Wolfley is saying. When people talk about jail break pass rushes, part of what allows that to happen is if your QB tips the snap or the snap count.

Seattle must be feeling pretty stupid for not catching it if it's true.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone

at all, mentioned the atrocious play calling? Third and thre or two or four and you do exactly what they know your going to do. I realize most of it is dictated by the conditons, but for Mrs' Calabash's sake, throw it once in awhile! Just for honestys sake. Tip or not!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
at all, mentioned the atrocious play calling? Third and thre or two or four and you do exactly what they know your going to do. I realize most of it is dictated by the conditons, but for Mrs' Calabash's sake, throw it once in awhile! Just for honestys sake. Tip or not!

How about 3rd and 15 and we run up the middle.... twice.