95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yep, mavs blew the 1st half lead.

right now, 80 to 93, NO leading

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why people thought Chris Paul would get scared in the playoffs. He played like a vet all season, leading the Hornets to the second seed in the West. He wasn't scared in his first All-Star game, playing like the MVP of his team. So why would he get scared in the postseason? He's way too good for that.

This is still a series though. I expect it to go at least six or seven games, but it's hard to pick a winner.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well the mavs typically play that way in the second half on the road. they break down....too often. and no one but dirk plays smart at the offensive end. I seriously don't know if the mavs can win a road game in this series. I hope I'm wrong, but the hornets are a tough draw for them. then again so is everyone else. dampier got his rear handed to him by chandler....but hopefully he'll return the favor in the next one.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
well the mavs typically play that way in the second half on the road. they break down....too often. and no one but dirk plays smart at the offensive end. I seriously don't know if the mavs can win a road game in this series. I hope I'm wrong, but the hornets are a tough draw for them. then again so is everyone else. dampier got his rear handed to him by chandler....but hopefully he'll return the favor in the next one.

What's the deal with Kidd and Terry only taking 5 and 6 shot attempts, respectively, all game? Is Avery's game plan to keep Chris Paul as fresh and rested as possible?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What's the deal with Kidd and Terry only taking 5 and 6 shot attempts, respectively, all game? Is Avery's game plan to keep Chris Paul as fresh and rested as possible?
I don't know......especially when you look at the last game when terry and kidd lit him up. that's what avery commented about in the post game....not making paul defend enough. my guess is he was very upset at those two about that because it was one of his first observations relayed to the media. you will probably see terry start or play more in the next game....stackhouse is a better scorer off the bench IMO. terry is too much of a rythem player to keep him on the bench as much as avery did in the first half. but it might just be that stackhouse is a better player on the road compared to terry.....and avery must have considered that. I don't know why avery gave up on jj barea...either. lue is a good player but at this stage is he that much better than jj?

Last edited:

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say... GO MAVS! Let this series go 7, please.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Mavericks are looking like little ponies out there. It's embarrassing.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good night mavricks hornets running away with it in the 3rd qtr man chris paul is amazing, and peja was also a great pickup for the hornets same with Chandler. If the suns don't advance the hornets will be the team i'll be pulling for

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i still can't believe we choked away a 13 point fourth quarter lead in a critical game to this pathetic team. That game is the difference between facing SA on the road in the first round or facing Houston with homecourt. Pathetic.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Boy, Suns fans are cursed, but it ain't much better being a Mavericks fan these days. They were basically up 2.5 games to zero in the 2006 Finals, and now they're staring their second straight first-round exit in the face.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, Suns fans are cursed, but it ain't much better being a Mavericks fan these days. They were basically up 2.5 games to zero in the 2006 Finals, and now they're staring their second straight first-round exit in the face.

yup - we're like peas in a pod!

But I can't feel bad for Mavs fans. I'd bet the overwhelming majority of them are probably Cowboy fans also and that city has seen more than it's fair share of titles, as opposed to us Phoenicians, who only have our lone World Series triumph to cling to.

and in all honesty, whoever wins our series is likely done after this round. This NO team is better than either of our old asses.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In defense of the Suns, they usually don't have monumental collapses, they pretty much bring us along for ride of misery in the form of a 7 game series

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In defense of the Suns, they usually don't have monumental collapses, they pretty much bring us along for ride of misery in the form of a 7 game series

Ryan, you must have blocked out 1994 and 1995 when we up 2-0 coming home against Houston back in 1994 and blowing that series while coming back the next year and blowing a 3-1 lead to the same damn team. Those were as monumental collapses as you could possibly have. Sure, they were both 7 game series, but most monumental collapses because you to get out to a big lead first before the other team comes from way back to beat you.

Also, I'm pretty sure we blew a 3-1 lead against the Lakers back in the 80's as well. I think we're only one of 8 teams to blow a lead like that and we've done it TWICE!

game time soon! Can't wait to see what tricks God has up his sleeve for us tonight!

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
this series is much less competitive than i thought it would be