Ryan Dunn - the Real Deal or Beginner's Luck?

Ryan Dunn is a future star in the NBA

• Total voters

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Preseason. Need to see it once the players and teams care. And once Ryan has pressure of the shots counting.

That said his shot definitely isn’t broken and he seems to have confidence. Those are two huge things. And his defense is as billed. Very cautiously optimistic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preseason. Need to see it once the players and teams care. And once Ryan has pressure of the shots counting.

That said his shot definitely isn’t broken and he seems to have confidence. Those are two huge things. And his defense is as billed. Very cautiously optimistic.
This is going to stun people…

I AGREE!!!!!!!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am buying.

He is looking for the 3 at the end of game last night to win it.

Confidence I believe is at least 70% of being a successful player IMO - well being successful at anything really.

You combine that with his athleticism, size and length, and he is going to succeed - and has the potential to really succeed like All Star success.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His D is for real, no doubt. His form is nice on his shot. He is putting up a lot of threes and they all look good. So I tend to lean on the for real side. There was not enough of a sample size in college to really have a good look, and that Virginia offense was not very well constructed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunn's defense is for real, he has nice arc on his shot and he carries himself like a pro.

I'm buying, especially because he is buying. He looks like he belongs.

Now, putting him in a star category, I will have to wait.

Pda4976

Reaction score
Ryan’s defense is the most elite skill of any player in this poor draft. That alone makes him a steal at 28. If the Suns knew he would progress with the jumper like this they never would have risked trading back.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
that's a lot of 3s for someone who never shot 3s

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Dunn's defense is for real, he has nice arc on his shot and he carries himself like a pro.

I'm buying, especially because he is buying. He looks like he belongs.

Now, putting him in a star category, I will have to wait.

It’s all about the shot. Andre Roberson was the best wing defender in the league after Kawhi but got played out of the league because he couldn’t shoot. He has seemed to look in rhythm when catching & shooting which is all he needs to do. I was looking at old Okogie splits and he went 23/51 from 3 over a ten game stretch and everyone thought we had something.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s all about the shot. Andre Roberson was the best wing defender in the league after Kawhi but got played out of the league because he couldn’t shoot. He has seemed to look in rhythm when catching & shooting which is all he needs to do. I was looking at old Okogie splits and he went 23/51 from 3 over a ten game stretch and everyone thought we had something.

I agree about Dunn having to make his shot.

As I sort of mentioned, I like the way he carries himself. He has the attitude he belongs and it carries over to his game no matter who he guards.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I agree about Dunn having to make his shot.

As I sort of mentioned, I like the way he carries himself. He has the attitude he belongs and it carries over to his game no matter who he guards.
His shooting form and release now looks better than Okogie's shot has ever looked as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22