Suns @ Nuggets Sunday game thread, October 13th, 2024: Preseason

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope they rest the starters again so Dunn can cook. One more game hitting multiple 3’s on respectful efficiency and I’m in on him being a credible rotation player right away.

I think the starters need some minutes together, otherwise I completely agree with you. Yes, I want to see more of Dunn.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope they rest the starters again so Dunn can cook. One more game hitting multiple 3’s on respectful efficiency and I’m in on him being a credible rotation player right away.
Oh, that is already evident. Watched Nuggets feed and the Nuggets commentators said the Detroit coaching staff told them that he was already the best defender on the Suns team—that includes Okigie. The best defender on any team is in the rotation .

Bol looked very good tonight as well.

I think we need to consider starting Dunn and bring Beal off the bench.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, that is already evident. Watched Nuggets feed and the Nuggets commentators said the Detroit coaching staff told them that he was already the best defender on the Suns team—that includes Okigie. The best defender on any team is in the rotation .

I think Bradley Beal would have a lot to say about coming off the bench.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the starters are Jones, Book, Beal, Durant and Nurk, it’s just not a very balanced starting unit. Beal is not a forward, and you are not bringing Book off the bench. Having a defensive stud in the starting unit makes sense.

Wow, this is a deep team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the starters are Jones, Book, Beal, Durant and Nurk, it’s just not a very balanced starting unit. Beal is not a forward, and you are not bringing Book off the bench. Having a defensive stud in the starting unit makes sense.

Did you watch Team USA? Book can play SF. If he can do so for an 82 game season is another question but against most teams he'll be fine. I'm honestly more concerned with KD at PF. I think he's best at SF defensively and gets chewed up on D and the glass. Unlike Crowder did, KD doesn't box anyone out for a teammate to get a board. It's almost exclusively on Nurk to fight for rebounds and the others grab them when they get a bounce.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you watch Team USA? Book can play SF. If he can do so for an 82 game season is another question but against most teams he'll be fine. I'm honestly more concerned with KD at PF. I think he's best at SF defensively and gets chewed up on D and the glass. Unlike Crowder did, KD doesn't box anyone out for a teammate to get a board. It's almost exclusively on Nurk to fight for rebounds and the others grab them when they get a bounce.
I don’t think Olympics translates for the NBA as far as Book is concerned. Book could play SF because he was surrounded by the best players of all time and a lot of size, against much weaker competition at SF than he will consistently face in the NBA. The talent around him and against in him in both scenarios are so different that I believe it makes the comparison apples and oranges.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Can we please stop talking about drafting Hali-- er, Bradley Beal coming off the bench??

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Can we please stop talking about drafting Hali-- er, Bradley Beal coming off the bench??

We can talk about anything we want and you can ignore anything you want. I’m not ruling out a rotational and maybe starting lineup shakeup at some point this season depending on a specific player busting out. And yes, Beal off the bench would be a huge boost in having a lead guard in at all times however ego is undefeated.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ginobli came off the bench...I know the Suns are adamant about Beal starting, but I would be so much more comfortable with our rotation if Dunn started at SF and Beal came off the bench. It would reduce the scoring responsibilities for Dunn and he could focus on being a dominant defender. Beal could be the man mostly with the 2nd unit. Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen as the season went on.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We can talk about anything we want and you can ignore anything you want. I’m not ruling out a rotational and maybe starting lineup shakeup at some point this season depending on a specific player busting out. And yes, Beal off the bench would be a huge boost in having a lead guard in at all times however ego is undefeated.
Lighten up francis, it was a joke.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It does seem surprisingly deep considering the financial situation.

But it's unbalanced. Too many guards, not enough bigs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ginobli came off the bench...I know the Suns are adamant about Beal starting, but I would be so much more comfortable with our rotation if Dunn started at SF and Beal came off the bench. It would reduce the scoring responsibilities for Dunn and he could focus on being a dominant defender. Beal could be the man mostly with the 2nd unit. Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen as the season went on.

International players are more selfless. Ginobili could’ve been a bigger star if he played somewhere else. Speaking of the Spurs they really had two #1 picks that turned into superstars and were completely drama free in Robinson/Duncan. That’s just crazy/unfair luck.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does seem surprisingly deep considering the financial situation.

But it's unbalanced. Too many guards, not enough bigs.
Nurk, Oso, Plumlee, Durant, Bol, and Kaminski. I would consider all of them bigs. I would consider playing them all at center, at least in some situations.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
International players are more selfless. Ginobili could’ve been a bigger star if he played somewhere else. Speaking of the Spurs they really had two #1 picks that turned into superstars and were completely drama free in Robinson/Duncan. That’s just crazy/unfair luck.
For what Beal is being paid, he should be cooking/cleaning/doing whatever the team asks.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Do we have much to suggest that Beal isn't a similarly selfless player?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The points that Dunn produces from his defense have to be considered. Beal does not create that. It's probably a mistake to start a rookie immediately out of training camp, but the Suns will have to consider it over the next few months. They will get to see how different lineups work together.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The only way Beal is coming off the bench is if he’s the one who initiates it. I’m not calling him selfish just maybe unaware. The Ginobili types are rare.

The Warriors really took off when Iguodala accepted the 6th man role.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Olympics translates for the NBA as far as Book is concerned. Book could play SF because he was surrounded by the best players of all time and a lot of size, against much weaker competition at SF than he will consistently face in the NBA. The talent around him and against in him in both scenarios are so different that I believe it makes the comparison apples and oranges.

Maybe it doesn't translate in terms of production, that's something that it is definitely up for debate. I think it proved he's more adaptable than Beal and when looking for one to slide over to another spot. That was my main point. I'm not sure how he'll handle it long term but Booker has always been a versatile player. I can't think of another top 15 player who is asked to play out of position as often as Book rather than the team building around him at his natural spot.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22