Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If he is your designated defender on the other team's star, how do you keep him out of the starting line up? I am not saying he will be a starter, or even that he should be, but usually the player that fills this role starts.
One, it's Beal so what he says is probably hyperbole, and two, it is accurate if you have the caveat, "when he is on the floor."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Suns news at 10 AM tomorrow. After watching two games today, I'm too tired to figure it out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the PHNX Suns podcast. No actual team news is dropping there. Likely a guest announcement.

Maybe Saul is coming back or they are announcing a new member of the team. Being on television would be interesting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PHNX Suns announces their new starting five.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Present Suns roster keep vs. let go.

Keep: Durant, Book, Beal, Nurk, Jones, Allen, Dunn, Oso, Plumlee, ONeale, Morris, Bol, Oso, Kaminsky, Gillespie.

Let go: Diakate, DLee, Washington.

Not sure: Bridges, Okogie

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Present Suns roster keep vs. let go.

Keep: Durant, Book, Beal, Nurk, Jones, Allen, Dunn, Oso, Plumlee, ONeale, Morris, Bol, Oso, Kaminsky, Gillespie.

Let go: Diakate, DLee, Washington.

Not sure: Bridges, Okogie
bud loves 3s and clutch shooters - suns have invested in lee heavily - dude isn't going anywhere

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
bud loves 3s and clutch shooters - suns have invested in lee heavily - dude isn't going anywhere

They have invested less in Okogie and Frank. Lee is on a minimal deal and he has never shown an ability to be more than that. We have plenty of other guys who make a better case for court.time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do the Suns sign Kaminsky to fill the open roster spot?

He is fine as a depth center for now.

IMO, the Suns will still need to make a trade later on for a rotational 4/5.

Personally, I sign Gillespie to a 4-year contract, so I don't have to fret about if they can keep him long term.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think there was ever any real competition from Mamadi Diakite and Moses Wood for the final roster spot.

This doesn't necessarily mean it goes to Frank.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns roster now stands at 18.

That is counting Frank Kaminsky and three two-way contract players: Collin Gillespie, Ty Ty Washington and Jalen Bridges.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns roster now stands at 18.

That is counting Frank Kaminsky and three two-way contract players: Collin Gillespie, Ty Ty Washington and Jalen Bridges.
Say goodbye to Washington and probably Bridges. Bridges has some promise, just not as much as Oso, Dunn, or Gillespie. You can develop only so many young guys. If you keep too many youngsters, none of them develop as they should.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say goodbye to Washington and probably Bridges. Bridges has some promise, just not as much as Oso, Dunn, or Gillespie. You can develop only so many young guys. If you keep too many youngsters, none of them develop as they should.

The Suns will keep all three of Bridges, Gillespie and Washington because they are on two-way contracts.

Pivotal is whether the Suns sign Frank Kaminsky or someone else to the regular roster.

Conceivably, the Suns could keep the 15th roster spot open.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
If he is your designated defender on the other team's star, how do you keep him out of the starting line up? I am not saying he will be a starter, or even that he should be, but usually the player that fills this role starts.
I'll have what you're drinking.

Optimism and positivity :cheers:

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22