Sam Bradford A Cardinal

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Without a doubt.

And before you scream money, the cards are likely to pay more for Bradford and mathieu, two guys who shouldn’t be starting in the nfl anymore.

I told you i think Cards overpaid Bradford and i think Mathieu should be cut and gone.
I don`t think Cousins is worth 28 million a year.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s funny how over the years everyone ripped on Bradford and how the Vikings were idiots for trading for him.

Now, since the cards signed him and wasted 20 mill, it’s a good move.

If the cards are rebuilding, which is obvious now, just do a total rebuild. Re-sign gabbert and tank a year to get a top draft pick.

The sad thing is the cards are going to sell this as a move to win this year.

Right. Let's waste a solid roster for a year in the vague hope of drafting the unnamed QBOF.

Brilliant !

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Does the contract say if he is to supply his own wheelchair or do Cards have to pony up for that. I give game 6 as the over/under.

McCown would have been a much safer pick.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had been calling this for months. Lousy move to a lousy situation. Cousins didn't break the bank like most thought. He's only getting 4-6 mill(can't remember his figure exactly) more than Palmer did last year.
Half the QB Palmer was. Overrated. Bradford is the bridge we needed. Now on to the draft.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
We offered more than that & he decided to go to the Vikings.
Has that been officially reported? I hadn’t seen that. And, structure was important. Did the Cards offer to fully guarantee it?

If so, you can’t blame Keim for cousins. But I’d still rather go into total rebuild than pay badford 20 mill.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has that been officially reported? I hadn’t seen that. And, structure was important. Did the Cards offer to fully guarantee it?

If so, you can’t blame Keim for cousins. But I’d still rather go into total rebuild than pay badford 20 mill.

The Cards offered 3 years guaranteed, plus options on two more years for a total of $145m.

And why exactly would you want to waste a solid roster for a year in the name of a QBOF that no one can name?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Not enough for who or whom?

Getting the ball to Fitz is actually part of a winning formula .

What when he’s the only WR? Bradford needs a damn good TE to be efficient like he had with Rudolph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is an excellent signing for this team. Got him for a year at $15mil, which is cheap for a guy with his skill level,...with incentives to jump up to $20mil if he plays all season and performs well.... then an option year just in case our new rookie is not ready to take over... this is exactly what is meant and intended when the term "Bridge" QB is mentioned.

it also provides a safety net in the event we cant get in position to draft a rookie this year... if that happens we pick up the option and try again next year.... a solid ass covering

I dont trust Bradford to stay healthy,... but we all knew he was the best option as a Bridge after Tyrod was traded.
An “excellent signing” & “I don’t trust Bradford to stay healthy”. Lol

Come on Oak the 2 don’t go together!!! Exactly why it’s not a good signing imo.

For $15 mil guaranteed I think we can do better than a 1 legged, injury prone guy QB whom is the most important part of a teams key to winning! Just my 2 cents

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

For $15 mil guaranteed I think we can do better than a 1 legged, injury prone guy QB whom is the most important part of a teams key to winning! Just my 2 cents
they do.
because the two together means Keim has his back against the wall and has to be more aggressive in the draft. If all goes well, we will be starting the rookie by week six and next year he will be experienced and ready to go...or maybe we get a touch of luck and the rookie wins right away...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers and Ben Rothlesberger will make $15 million next season...and that's what Sam freaking Bradford will be making??!!
What don’t you understand about market-driven pricing? Those contracts were signed in prior years. Apparently Bradford signed with us for less than what two other teams were offering.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Okay .

Put a name on the $15m cheque to that QB we missed.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they do.
because the two together means Keim has his back against the wall and has to be more aggressive in the draft. If all goes well, we will be starting the rookie by week six and next year he will be experienced and ready to go...or maybe we get a touch of luck and the rookie wins right away...

Losing your starting QB by week 6 is hardly 'all goes well.'

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people have very blessed careers. I think this applies to Sam Bradford DESPITE the injuries.

If Sam Bradford gets the full $20 million on his contract he will bring his total earnings to $134,084,404 over his career.

This is guy with 34 career wins. A guy with no more than 7 wins in a season.

Holy @#$@#

Buckybird

Reaction score
Bradford has never had a season where he's thrown more picks than TDs. (Almost 2:1 for his career.) The last three seasons he's played in 31 games and completed 69.5% of his passes.
How many playoff games?

I swear people who talk & defend Sam likes he’s Joe cool Montana lol

Hell the beat writer in Minnesota had more bad things to say about him from his inside sources than good.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I would rather have Teddy Bridgewater.

Why sign the guy with a bad knee, AND is older ?

I do not agree with this signing, but it is what it is now.

That is the bed the Cardinals have made, now they have to sleep in it. Ugh.
I feel like the bed was covered in pee lol