Sam Bradford A Cardinal

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really don't get the sky is falling stuff here. We're rebuilding folks. We should have started doing so last year.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No way in hell
Go on social media or in an hour or two, type 'sam bradford signing reaction" on google and I'm sure there will be an article with all the tweets and quotes from other NFL players on it.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
i really don't get the sky is falling stuff here. We're rebuilding folks. We should have started doing so last year.

Then resign gabbert draft a QB and tank the year. Hard to rebuild in the middle of the draft every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
This signing hurts the Cardinals reputation imo, there are now countless NFL players who are negatively reacting to signing Bradford.

There's chance free agents look elsewhere or turn down higher offers from the Cardinals because of this deal.

were all these complaining players bitching when Cards screwed up and sign Matthieu to his stupid contract after he was injured twice? Was there outrage then or just freaking crickets?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Were they supposed to give Cousins 40 million per? What would you have considered aggressive with the QB's that were available? Bradford is the most talented of all of the available QB's including Cousins. Health is the only concern.
He got 28mill/year. That’s not crazy for today’s QB market. I’d take cousins at 28 over Bradford at 20 every day if the week.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sean Connery has a quote in the movie The Rock that talks about doing your best...

To be fair though, Bradford is a Heisman winner, which basically is the football version of being the prom queen. :shrug:

Awesome movie and quote though.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go on social media or in an hour or two, type 'sam bradford signing reaction" on google and I'm sure there will be an article with all the tweets and quotes from other NFL players on it.

That’s great they’re all jealous because of the money he’s made and is making… It’s not going to keep them from signing here in the event the money is right in the Cardinals want them ...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s great they’re all jealous because of the money he’s made and is making… It’s not going to keep them from signing here in the event the money is right in the Cardinals want them ...

agreed.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Did not know you have been in a NFL huddle with Bradford... what is it about him which disturbs you
The fact the he’s never been a winner and comes across as a whiney puss. I’ve never heard any of his teammates say word one about him being a great leader.

Look at the nfl players coming out and laughing at him/the deal.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not jumping up and down about this signing, but it's what I expected. It's tough to sign a franchise QB when only one is on the market, and a team that made the NFC Championship last year is looking for one.

This just paves the way for a draft pick to be our QBOTF, which is long, long overdue. And with a guy like Bradford out there, that QBOTF should take over sooner rather than later.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers and Ben Rothlesberger will make $15 million next season...and that's what Sam freaking Bradford will be making??!!

And if Rivers and Ben where to have a new contract now it would be way more than 15 million. Do you grasp how values escalate and how previous contracts quickly get outdated? Look what Jimmy G got and what Cousins will get. Do you think a guy like Rodgers now would get a hell of a lot more than even what Cousins is schedule to make? I sure do. Who are all these players viewing the Cardinals in a negative light now? I realize hyperbole is the new fashion in social media but it does not make such observations any more relevant but you sure will get some attention. This is not about Bradford, or even if it was Keenum or Bridgewater. This is about the draft. This about how the player pans out after the draft. This situation has always been about the draft and the Cardinals cannot run away from it now. I also do not get people having apprehension about Bradford being upset if they sign a rookie since the length of the contract pretty damn well shows he is conscious of the reality. People are saying the Cardinals have not been aggressive, but what the hell where those offers to Cousins and Brees. Saying we did not approach the problem last year is accurate but one must judge the current actions under the current context and not keep harping on last year as a means to unload on everything which is done. You know in the draft we where saved from ourselves when Detroit made us select DJ... maybe this failure to attain Cousins will have similar results

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I think it’s funny how over the years everyone ripped on Bradford and how the Vikings were idiots for trading for him.

Now, since the cards signed him and wasted 20 mill, it’s a good move.

If the cards are rebuilding, which is obvious now, just do a total rebuild. Re-sign gabbert and tank a year to get a top draft pick.

The sad thing is the cards are going to sell this as a move to win this year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I think it’s funny how over the years everyone ripped on Bradford and how the Vikings were idiots for trading for him.

Now, since the cards signed him and wasted 20 mill, it’s a good move.

If the cards are rebuilding, which is obvious now, just do a total rebuild. Re-sign gabbert and tank a year to get a top draft pick.

The sad thing is the cards are going to sell this as a move to win this year.

So who was your QB of choice ?Cousins?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
So who was your QB of choice ?Cousins?
Without a doubt.

And before you scream money, the cards are likely to pay more for Bradford and mathieu, two guys who shouldn’t be starting in the nfl anymore.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just for laughs. Our QB reporting at Tempe facility this afternoon:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media