Sam Bradford A Cardinal

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well this certainly help with the WR situation. Sam Checkdown will be looking for DJ most of the time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Fitz was told were going after Cousins. If not will get Bradford. Fitz stayed.

I dont think it matters a lot to Larry... dude has legendary hands and everyone on the planet knows it.

if you or I were playing QB for the Cards who would we throw it to?? Larry. a crap QB is likely to throw the ball to him more than a good one. we may not contend but Larry will hit his numbers either way

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Those were guys in a vastly different level than Bradford ever has, and likely ever will, sniff. This is a never-has-been QB looking to get to a thank-God-I-have-a-starting-job level.

Well, two of those guys went number one overall and one went undrafted. Tells you all you need to know about drafting QB's. Here's hoping his career takes off with us. He is only 30.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If so, you can’t blame Keim for cousins. But I’d still rather go into total rebuild than pay badford 20 mill.
Yep

Hard to believe than only twice in 20 years have the Cards picked a QB in rounds 1 & 2:shocker::pullhair::shocker: wtf

What sucks is the team is never bad enough to have a chance to grab “that guy”. If Keim doesn’t pull some strings in this upcoming draft he’s going to get fired because of his failure to land a young QB. Odds of hitting the QB lottery are so much higher early in rd 1

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm cool with it and have thought Bradford would be a target for the Cards. When he's on the field he's one of the most accurate QB's there is. If this is an incentive based contract as being reported, then this should be a good signing.

A two-year contract has bridge written all over it, so the Cards should still be aggressive drafting a QBOF.

Now, how will be the #3 QB? Stanton? McCarron? Someone else?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the bright side. His 34 career wins comes out to an average cost of a little more than 3.3 million per his career earnings.

We should expect what at least what 6 wins out of him?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This signing hurts the Cardinals reputation imo, there are now countless NFL players who are negatively reacting to signing Bradford.

There's chance free agents look elsewhere or turn down higher offers from the Cardinals because of this deal.

Countless?

I count one disgruntled safety and, excuse my American, I don't give a poo!

And the idea that any player looking out for his personal bottom line would turn away better coin from AZ because of this deal is patently ridiculous.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well boys, it's been fun having season tickets every year. Think i will take me $2k and do literally anything else with it now.

A QB drafted number one overall is the guy that's going to make you drop your season tickets? Well...BYE.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I called the shot on Bradford, I will call the next shot.

Keim and Jason Licht work out a trade for the #7 pick. #7 pick value is 1500 points. Cards trade the #15 and next year's #1 pick to get to 7. This allows them to take their QB of the future

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Since I called the shot on Bradford, I will call the next shot.

Keim and Jason Licht work out a trade for the #7 pick. #7 pick value is 1500 points. Cards trade the #15 and next year's #1 pick to get to 7. This allows them to take their QB of the future

At 7 they will prob get the 3rd or 4th QB off the board. Will it really be “their” guy or just the best of what’s remaining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Had been calling this for months. Lousy move to a lousy situation. Cousins didn't break the bank like most thought. He's only getting 4-6 mill(can't remember his figure exactly) more than Palmer did last year.

He got offered a $28-$30 mill from the cards and turned it down to take the Minny job.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
And how much would those two make if they were free agents?

People have a hard time grasping the going rate for a tier 2 starter is $20 million. McCarron and his agent were seeking a 3 year deal for $18 per season.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 7 they will prob get the 3rd or 4th QB off the board. Will it really be “their” guy or just the best of what’s remaining?

Yeah I am pretty sure they will get their guy. I know who I would take.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
shocker... Ouchie and I agree.

I don't get what y'all are freaking out about. Betting the farm on Cousins was a terrible idea, IMO. This is a one year deal, keeping the seat warm for our eventual QBOTF when he comes in week 4 after Bradford's leg falls off because someone sneezes on him.

Only reason I'll be pissed about this is if we just sit back and wait for a QB and do nothing aggressive in the draft to get one.

I agree.

My top FA QB choice was McCown followed by Bradford. This is with the hopes that the Cardinals draft a young QB to groom for the future.

I hated the idea of spending $30M a year on Cousins who I think is just an average QB.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Good riddance then. Pretty weak team loyalty if that is the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back. Adios !!

I can see someone not renew if they don’t draft a QB in the first. They can watch from home without spending a couple grand. I personally am gonna have a hard time rooting for Bradford, never liked him. I’ll obviously watch every week like normal but I know he’s gonna drive me insane with that dopey ass look on his face.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy