Sam Bradford A Cardinal

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We should make this season more fun by having a contest for how long before Bradford gets injured.

We can add $$ to it to make it even better (if this is allowed on here).

I'll put a $100 down that he won't make it past week 3 without a significant injuries that causes him to miss games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Were they supposed to give Cousins 40 million per? What would you have considered aggressive with the QB's that were available? Bradford is the most talented of all of the available QB's including Cousins. Health is the only concern.

He hasn't played 16 games since 2012. It isn't a concern, it is the reality. We just gave a QB 20mil who can't stay healthy and put him behind our terrible offensive line.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
They have no shot with Bradford at the playoffs, but I’m fine with it as a 6 game bridge to a) not have Cardinals fans completely lose their minds going into the season and b) to keep the seat warm for whatever QBOTF they get in the draft.

If you’re really expecting Captain “Mr. Glass” Checkdown to take us to the playoffs, I think you’re drinking drano.
I don't think saying "a shot at the playoffs" is the same as saying "I expect him to take the Cardinals to the playoffs", do you?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think saying "a shot at the playoffs" is the same as saying "I expect him to take the Cardinals to the playoffs", do you?

No, but I don’t think he really gives us a shot, either.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh they have the better coach and defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats your definition of a better D? We gave up less yards per game and less points per game? Cant tell on the coaching staff as of yet..

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just want to re-iterate what others have mentioned in regards to criticizing the Cardinals front office about being aggressive. Bradford was their 3rd choice and they made legitimate, generous..."aggressive" offers to the two most coveted FA's on the market. They tried to get Brees and Cousins. For a plan "C", Bradford on the cheap means they will have a real shot at the playoffs in 2018 and still have the opportunity to address QBOTF however they decide.

Sean Connery has a quote in the movie The Rock that talks about doing your best...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasn't played 16 games since 2012. It isn't a concern, it is the reality. We just gave a QB 20mil who can't stay healthy and put him behind our terrible offensive line.

15 million plus incentives.. If he makes 20 Million then I'm assuming most thing went the right way???

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
It's just a little misleading though. He didn't get injured in '15 or '16, he just didn't play in 16 games those seasons. Granted, had to go into the concussion protocol which isn't good but still, it wasn't getting "injured".

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
15 million plus incentives.. If he makes 20 Million then I'm assuming most thing went the right way???
You are guaranteeing that Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk or Lamar Jackson is playing this year...that is not a good thing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's just a little misleading though. He didn't get injured in '15 or '16, he just didn't play in 16 games those seasons. Granted, had to go into the concussion protocol which isn't good but still, it wasn't getting "injured".
He didn't play 16 games. For whatever reason...you cannot count on Sam Bradford to start 16 games in a season for you. That is the reality of signing him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We should make this season more fun by having a contest for how long before Bradford gets injured.

We can add $$ to it to make it even better (if this is allowed on here).

I'll put a $100 down that he won't make it past week 3 without a significant injuries that causes him to miss games.
If he ha to miss game four due to a “significant injury” (one that costs him multiple games) I’ll take that bet.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Whats your definition of a better D? We gave up less yards per game and less points per game? Cant tell on the coaching staff as of yet..

Look at the oppositions that they faced. Cardinals played no one. They faced the likes of brisset, bethard, hoyer, fitzpatrick, and savage. Not to mention Eli and Mariotta on a bad year. Who did the D stop that was any kind of threat?

Gave up 35 to Det, 28 to Dal, 34 to philly, 33 to TB, 33 and 32 to LA, and 31 to Houston. P-U-K-E

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Look at the oppositions that they faced. Cardinals played no one. They faced the likes of brisset, bethard, hoyer, fitzpatrick, and savage. Not to mention Eli and Mariotta on a bad year. Who did the D stop that was any kind of threat?

Defense was still Top 10. Only reason they were that low is cause they played 70% of the games while offense couldn't stay on the field

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This signing hurts the Cardinals reputation imo, there are now countless NFL players who are negatively reacting to signing Bradford.

There's chance free agents look elsewhere or turn down higher offers from the Cardinals because of this deal.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This signing hurts the Cardinals reputation imo, there are now countless NFL players who are negatively reacting to signing Bradford.

There's chance free agents look elsewhere or turn down higher offers from the Cardinals because of this deal.

It won't.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Defense was still Top 10. Only reason they were that low is cause they played 70% of the games while offense couldn't stay on the field

19th in PF 15th in plays 16th in TO 20th in passing TD given up 14th in passing Yards given up. Not everything is total yards.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers and Ben Rothlesberger will make $15 million next season...and that's what Sam freaking Bradford will be making??!!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No way in hell

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser