Sam Bradford A Cardinal

Reaction score
Actually, I suggested Bradford the day CP retired, as did others.

Ok with the trade thought

:thumbup: I was on that bandwagon as well. I always liked Sam. Watched a lot of him with the Rams.

Don’t remember Bradford ever being lights out in the playoffs and being a drive away from the super bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same could be said for the majority of starting QB's in the league.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i really don't get the sky is falling stuff here. We're rebuilding folks. We should have started doing so last year.
Giving a QB $20M/yr contract isn’t rebuilding.

Rebuilding would’ve been re signing Gabbert or some other scrub QB like that for cheap and then tanking properly.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradford is a bridge. Stay at 15 and see how things fall. If a Qb we like is there take him. If not take the BPA. If we like a guy like Falk or Lauletta then make a move up to draft him. We have plenty of picks to move up without costing us two #1's and a 2nd round pick.

Unless the Cards brass truly believe there is a sure fire all pro Qb in this class. If that's the case do whatever it takes. But remember, if we trade all those draft picks and we chose wrong it will be the new Cleveland Browns.

Also keep this in mind. I don't see us being the No risk it , no biscuit anymore. I think Wilks put a whole lot more emphasis on protecting the Qb by design. I see alot less empty backfield and 7 step drops, which probably shortened Palmer's career.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradford is a bridge. Stay at 15 and see how things fall. If a Qb we like is there take him. If not take the BPA. If we like a guy like Falk or Lauletta then make a move up to draft him. We have plenty of picks to move up without costing us two #1's and a 2nd round pick.

Unless the Cards brass truly believe there is a sure fire all pro Qb in this class. If that's the case do whatever it takes. But remember, if we trade all those draft picks and we chose wrong it will be the new Cleveland Browns.

I totally agree.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this is an excellent signing. Exactly what you would hope for from a free agent quarterback. It's not the place you pick up your long term guy, it's where you get a solid veteran, with talent, at a manageable price if you're smart, who can be a one or two year bridge. Bradford checks every one of those boxes. The last few years he has been an undeniably high quality qb whose only shortcoming has been injury.

Well, that's the NFL. Who's going to say that Palmer was a bad signing even though he spent several years on IR?

We have two more quarterbacks to pick up this offseason, and got a very good one to add veteran smarts to the room. He's a better QB (when healthy, naturally) than Cousins, and Kirk Cousins would have broken this team financially for at least the next three years. And who else would you have preferred from FA? Tyrod? Glennon? McCown? Case Keenum? Really...... this was a perfect first day of FA move for the team.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Hahaha I meant Bortles shoveling 24” of snow today has me fried. My bad everyone.

Lol no prob.

Hope all is well with that terrible storm. I’d invest in a blowtorch instead of all that shoveling lol

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giving a QB $20M/yr contract isn’t rebuilding.

Rebuilding would’ve been re signing Gabbert or some other scrub QB like that for cheap and then tanking properly.

Yeah.. Wasting an otherwise solid lineup for a season in the hopes of landing some unnamed QBOF is a great plan.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Decent signing. Basically the fragile version of Cousins.

Had they signed McCarron I’d think Keim skipped drafting a QB again. I’m not sure what to expect given Buffalo being ahead of us as well. Is there a chance Keim is holding out hope Bradford stays healthy and gives us something similar to what Carson did?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Jesus, the $20 million contract is fully guaranteed if Bradford is on the roster week one.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Jesus, the $20 million contract is fully guaranteed if Bradford is on the roster week one.

Ha! hopefully he has to give money back if he misses time due to injury or his agent fleeced us worse than Andy Reid.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Cards also will sign Glennon once bears cut him. Already reported by Tiffany Blackmon. So if we trade up and draft a QB he will be the 3rd QB.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bradford was the check down king 2 years ago, which led to his good numbers. It’ll be 3rd and 5 and he threw a 2 yard drag. I’m not sure if that’s his first and only option, but MN fans hated it. Going into week 1 against the Saints, MN fans weren’t expecting much out of Bradford. Bradford went 27/32 for 346 and 3 TDs. Idk if something clicked for him or it was one game. When he came back from his surgery, he not only replaced Bridgewater on the active roster, but some thought he might replace Keenum as the starter.

My 2 cents. Mike McCoy doesn’t run a high powered attack like Arians. He might be the right qb fit for McCoy and teach a rookie the ropes in his head. Bradford is playing for his career this year and is looking to prove himself. For $15m, I don’t think we overpaid. Especially if you consider Glennon got $18m the year before.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Bradford was the check down king 2 years ago, which led to his good numbers. It’ll be 3rd and 5 and he threw a 2 yard drag. I’m not sure if that’s his first and only option, but MN fans hated it. Going into week 1 against the Saints, MN fans weren’t expecting much out of Bradford. Bradford went 27/32 for 346 and 3 TDs. Idk if something clicked for him or it was one game. When he came back from his surgery, he not only replaced Bridgewater on the active roster, but some thought he might replace Keenum as the starter.

My 2 cents. Mike McCoy doesn’t run a high powered attack like Arians. He might be the right qb fit for McCoy and teach a rookie the ropes in his head. Bradford is playing for his career this year and is looking to prove himself. For $15m, I don’t think we overpaid. Especially if you consider Glennon got $18m the year before.

If the cards really are high on Josh Allen wouldn’t Bradford be the wrong guy to learn from? They are the exact opposite QBs.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots of us said 'He is garbage' when we brought Kurt and Carson in. I like it. Might have lots of check downs but we will be safe which I don't mind after biscuit ball

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
If the cards really are high on Josh Allen wouldn’t Bradford be the wrong guy to learn from? They are the exact opposite QBs.

I personally learn more from people that view things completely different from what I'm seeing. Accuracy is Allens biggest weakness having somebody who is very accurate may be what he needs to see.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

When I read we’re gonna get Bradford the first name that popped in my head was Mason Rudolph from OK State. Similar size and arm traits. Rudolph is more of an update 2018 version and can move outside the pocket a little better

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, he checked himself down to almost 4k yards in 2016...15 games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
His yards per attempt was 7.0, which is good for 19th in the league in a season where he set the completion percentage record in a season.... so yeah he kind of did....

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When I read we’re gonna get Bradford the first name that popped in my head was Mason Rudolph from OK State. Similar size and arm traits. Rudolph is more of an update 2018 version and can move outside the pocket a little better

I think people take the "quarterback mentoring" thing a little too seriously. It's not the starter grooming the guy behind him about how to perfect his throwing motion or footwork, but more about how to act like a true pro, to set an example on amount of study time and work that goes into the gameplan, to stay in shape, to read defenses and call out coverage, etc.