Sam Bradford A Cardinal

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But everyone says he's just a dink & dunk passer? Bradford can take us all the way if we keep him upright. He's one of the most accurate passers in league. I don't get the hate from some on here.
he can't take us all the way, our team isn't built for that right now. he's a bridge while we rebuild, or "retool"

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
he can't take us all the way, our team isn't built for that right now. he's a bridge while we rebuild, or "retool"

honestly...we had the #6 overall defense last year, no running game, and no legit starting QB....

as much as I think we will struggle to eclipse .500 this year...it is the NFL..... if players stay healthy and we get a few bounces...we actually can go all the way...we have the pieces.

like anyone else I would grab the low hanging fruit and say it aint gonna happen... but stranger things have happened

nobody had any hope for us when we went to the super bowl the first time, we were "the worst team to ever make the playoffs" and then "the worst team to ever make the super bowl"... but some how we managed to come within a play or two of winning...

Larry made his legend that year... being this close to the end,..do you think he cant just do it one more time if we get in the playoffs?

probably not. But then again,...he is a legend for a reason.

both our defense and our running game are much better now than they were then.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
honestly...we had the #6 overall defense last year, no running game, and no legit starting QB....

as much as I think we will struggle to eclipse .500 this year...it is the NFL..... if players stay healthy and we get a few bounces...we actually can go all the way...we have the pieces.

like anyone else I would grab the low hanging fruit and say it aint gonna happen... but stranger things have happened

nobody had any hope for us when we went to the super bowl the first time, we were "the worst team to ever make the playoffs" and then "the worst team to ever make the super bowl"... but some how we managed to come within a play or two of winning...

Larry made his legend that year... being this close to the end,..do you think he cant just do it one more time if we get in the playoffs?

probably not. But then again,...he is a legend for a reason.

both our defense and our running game are much better now than they were then.
I honestly believe this team won 8 games last year with smoke and mirrors. We lost games by scores of 34-7, 33-0, 32-16, gave up 31 points to Tom Fricken Savage, and nearly blew a 31-0 lead to Tampa and struggled to win that game. It also took overtime to beat a very bad Colts and 49ers teams. Last year's team was certainly an enigma.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly believe this team won 8 games last year with smoke and mirrors. We lost games by scores of 34-7, 33-0, 32-16, gave up 31 points to Tom Fricken Savage, and nearly blew a 31-0 lead to Tampa and struggled to win that game. It also took overtime to beat a very bad Colts and 49ers teams. Last year's team was certainly an enigma.
Throw in the fact that we actually won games with Blaine Gabbert and last season was truly a Twilight Zone season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Throw in the fact that we actually won games with Blaine Gabbert and last season was truly a Twilight Zone season.

I think the Cardinals ceiling last year fully healthy was 11 wins in retrospect.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

true... but we won in spite of blaine gabbert...though he did play decent once or twice..

but our ST have been a steady disaster the past few years also.

The team is an enigma right now,.... with what our past two seasons produced....throwing in a new coaching staff with an entirely new philosophy... new QB's...new oline players...

we literally have no idea what we are putting on the field on opening day. I always remember Tony Dungy...HC with defensive background... but his team steadily produced prolific offense while fielding a bottom ten defense nearly every year.... even BA was considered an offensive coach but our defense carried the team more often than not.

I think this season will help us figure it out. By years end we will know exactly what pieces we need. I expect next off season will be used to put together the team for a run.... we will know what we need, we will have the cap space, and as long as our rookie QB doesnt stink it up or break his back the excitement for the team should be high.

IMO we have been weak at position coach for a while... BA hired his buddies but then didnt hold them accountable. specifically at Oline I think we have allowed a lot of talent to be wasted... my hope is these new guys will help the players realize that talent.... we currently have three first round draft picks on the oline....that is a lot of talent...if well coached there is no reason why they cant be a top five oline...and that helps everybody.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals ceiling last year fully healthy was 11 wins in retrospect.
To be honest, Kang, we really don't know. On paper this should have been an 11 win team but even before Palmer went down this team played like a 5 win team. That game in London was an utter embarrassment. There was only a handful of times this team played well from whistle to whistle. The Tampa game was this team's season in a nutshell. Game out like gangbusters with our new RB blistering Tampa. We take a 31-0 lead on a team who's starting QB left the game only to have said team outscore us 33-7 and almost stole the game from us. Championship teams don't blow 31-0 leads or even almost blow them. Then let's not forget we made Tom Savage look like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. And how the frack we beat 2 playoff bound teams is an absolute mystery, one of those teams came within a whisker of going to the Super Bowl. Like I said, when you look at it, last year's team won 8 games with smoke and mirrors.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Wilks said the plan today is for Bradford to start, get a lot of working during seven-on-seven and individual drills with the first-team offense. When they get to team drills, they're really going to manage his time, and that's where Josh Rosen, who is the established No. 2 quarterback already, will be working with the first-team offense."

A healthy Bradford is a superior player to Rosen. The only thing that should keep the nine-year veteran off the field is injury maintenance.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776162-are-we-overlooking-this-years-nfl-bridge-quarterbacks

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
With fans like that who needs opponents ? Heard the same about Warner and Palmer! I like Sam Bradford as person and as a player - not like he chose to get hurt - he was drafted to the worse team in the nfl and got ran over by cardinals! He is a great QB and had another year of rest without more repairs on the knees - I’ll take him and fan for him - not against him. I hope he completes every pass and breaks his own percentage record.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
TEMPE, Ariz. – The Cardinals have been careful with quarterback Sam Bradford during offseason workouts as he continues to recover from a knee injury that limited him to two games in 2017.

Coach Steve Wilks hopes, however, to increase Bradford’s workload at next week’s minicamp – the final week of offseason workouts for the team.

“It’s more of a team setting,” Wilks said, when asked specifically where he’d like to get Bradford more work. “We’re really trying to give him different looks, maybe from a blitz standpoint and also two-minute. Today was a good operational day for us. He didn’t get any of that work so next week those are some of the things that we’re going to try and improve on and try and get him in the mix with those.”
http://arizonasports.com/story/1550850/bradfords-workload-to-increase-kirk-moves-past-arrest/

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals plan on giving Sam Bradford more reps next week
TEMPE, Ariz. -- It's almost time for the Arizona Cardinals to take some of the restraints off their $20 million quarterback.

Sam Bradford will see an increase in reps next week during mandatory minicamp, coach Steve Wilks said Tuesday. Through the first two-and-a-half weeks of voluntary organized team activities, Bradford's participation in team periods has varied, said Wilks, who added that Bradford takes part in 7-on-7 periods.

The goal next week, Wilks said, is to try to give Bradford "different looks, maybe from a blitz standpoint and also two-minute."
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...an-on-giving-sam-bradford-more-reps-next-week

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But Bradford currently projects as the starter. By holding back Bradford during OTAs, the quarterback was able to rest and the Cardinals are happy where he is physically and mentally ahead of minicamp.

"I think he's on schedule," Wilks said, via the team's website. "He feels real confident right now with how his knee feels. Again, we are doing a great job in-house with the trainers and strength and conditioning coach and getting him where he needs to be. I think from a mental standpoint, he's feeling pretty good."

Whether Bradford can stay healthy is the biggest question.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000935922/article/sam-bradford-primed-for-more-work-in-minicamp

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Sic em Sam - he is an equal or upgrade to Carson - and most NFL QBs - will set accuracy records and Fitz will have one of his best years ever- and DJ May bust all pose records

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sic em Sam - he is an equal or upgrade to Carson - and most NFL QBs - will set accuracy records and Fitz will have one of his best years ever- and DJ May bust all pose records

accuracy loses some of its luster when the guy has only 6 yards per attempt.... he did better last time he played,...lets see which slingin sammy bradford we get

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New line, who dis? Cardinals linemen ready to adjust to Sam Bradford
TEMPE, Ariz. — Arizona Cardinals offensive lineman Mike Iupati has blocked for his fair share of quarterbacks.

Alex Smith. Colin Kaepernick. Carson Palmer.

And that’s not including the fill-ins that played for Arizona over the last couple of years.

With Sam Bradford expected to start the season behind center, Iupati will have to get used to a new presence with the ball.
http://arizonasports.com/story/1550916/cardinals-offensive-linemen-adjusting-sam-bradford/

Reaction score

Though offensive lineman Andre Smith was only active four games in 2016, he played with Bradford in Minnesota that season.

While Bradford is best known for making short passes, Smith said that’s not the case.

He can throw all over the field, the lineman said.

In 2016, Bradford was the most accurate passer in the NFL. He completed 71.6 percent of passes and only threw five interceptions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser