Sam Bradford A Cardinal

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
so this first year he gets his 10mil signing bonus and 5mil in guaranteed salary,...plus an additional 5mil in salary broken down into per game pay...so any missed games this season cost him 312.5k... if he never plays a regular season game he only costs us 15mil.

next season 10mil is guaranteed at the start of the league year, then 7.5mil salary plus an additional 2.5 mil in per game checks.

and an extra mil each year we go to the super bowl.

that is a very friendly deal for the team.... I guess we all just need to hope Bradford turns it in to a 2 year 42mil contract.
It's a stellar deal for the team. Think about this, if he's on the roster in 2019, that means he had a great 2018. Otherwise he can renegotiate or be cut in 2019. Very low risk contract.

So does the per game $312k hit next years cap?
I believe end of year incentives can be carried to the following years cap, but someone can correct me id I'm wrong.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Report: Cardinals finished third in race for Kirk Cousins
4:30 PM PT
  • You must be registered for see images attach

Josh WeinfussESPN Staff Writer

TEMPE, Ariz. -- As it turns out, the Arizona Cardinals weren’t all that close to signing quarterback Kirk Cousins despite general manager Steve Keim being the first to call Cousins' agent, Mike McCartney.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...inals-finished-third-in-race-for-kirk-cousins

Reactions: HGC

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good chance the Cards finish 3rd in NFC West race too.

Reaction score
Many on the board were spot on about acquiring Palmer, no reason to believe we'll be wrong about Bradford.......

-At this point I expect the Cards to make dumb decisions..

-With Wilson being cut today, if this happens..... I'm not getting season tickets for the first time since 1993.
The last two seasons have been brutal, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more than 2 grand to watch Carson Palmer throw victory-killing picks.

-Palmer is a little bit better than Kolb and has the physical attributes for the offense. Its just that post-injury Carson Palmer has been horrible.

-you must not have watched a single Raiders game. my roommate is a Raiders fan, thus I was subjected to the atrocity that was the Raiders every Sunday and Palmer's stats say NOTHING about how he played. He put up lots of yardage and meager TDs in complete garbage time and just had awful turnovers and threw KILLER pick sixes at key times of every game they actually had a shot in.

-Exactly. I guess everyone here is going for the usual name recognition and a glance at the stats. If you actually have seen him play much post-injury, cheese's assessment is right on the money. He's a win-killer more than he is a winner. I have no desire to watch Carson Palmer blows games for us. I've had enough of that crap the last two year.

-If you put the measuring stick at "above-average QB play", then Palmer is probably unacceptable. If you place the measuring stick at "what we've had to endure the last three seasons as Cardinals fans"? Palmer is incredibly desirable. I'd like to have a chance for a quarterback to lose the game for us in the 4th quarter, instead of us being completely out of the game if the opponent goes up 10-0 following their second possession.

-If we can get Palmer for a bargain, he's worth the gamble. If we have to pay him like he's a good player, I think we'd be better off just accepting that we suck at the position for another year than tying our hands cap wise to a guy like him.

-Precisely. He's a Paper Tiger. Buyer beware when a team is considering starting Terrell Pryor over him.

-Signing Palmer might be the equivalent of putting a finger in the dike to stop the disaster/leak. Can't help but remember his attitude in the "trade me or I retire" diva rant with the Bengals. Threw his team under the bus.

-Really.....is that our 3 QB's.....Palmer-Hoyer-Stanton? If so we're in deeper doo-doo than last year...which was eyeball level.

-Yeah I don't follow the Raiders that closely. Just seemed like everytime I watched the local news they were saying any chance the Raiders had to come back ended on this Carson Palmer INT. I was actually surprised he only had 14 last year, seemed like more.

-Apologies if its already been stated, but Arians loves a vertical passing game and Palmer currently has the noodliest of noodle arms in the entire league. I cant picture him and his 8 yard fluttered passes as something Bruce would have an interest in.

Great post.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best qb signed in the free agency from a talent standpoint
The fact we add glennon too make me assume we are lean to draft Jackson

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. 10.6 cap hit this year.
What's the $0.6M for? This year he'll count for half of his signing bonus ($5M) and all of his base salary ($5M). His per-game bonuses are an interesting issue... he's actually missed so many games in his career that some portion or all of them might count as "unlikely to be earned". (I'm not sure whether a per-game active bonus could EVER be counted that way, but there's anyone who could justify "unlikely to be earned" treatment, it would be Bradford!) But still, i don't see how that adds up to $0.6M against the cap, unless 12% of the per-game bonuses are "likely to be earned"?

...dave

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great post.

should someone else bring up the posts you've made in the past... about John Brown being better than Antonio Brown, our entire WR crops last year, our CBs, HBs, etc. etc.

People in glass houses...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Looks like insane correct and before cutting Veldheer or reworking Drone we have $17 to spend.
You must be registered for see images attach

I’m either not seeing Justin Pugh or that’s way too blurry.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What's the $0.6M for? ...dave

That is because of a roster bonus. If he is on the final roster he will get a little more than 600.000.

By the way, maybe they have created salary cap space in the last couple of weeks because Bradford’s cap hit will rise if he plays some games. In that scenario I do think it is kind of overkill with how much cap space they have created but maybe they just like to have a decent amount of available cap space.

Reaction score
should someone else bring up the posts you've made in the past... about John Brown being better than Antonio Brown, our entire WR crops last year, our CBs, HBs, etc. etc.

People in glass houses...

This makes absolutely no sense. People in glass houses shouldn't say ''great post''? Besides that isn't what I said about JB.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What's the $0.6M for? This year he'll count for half of his signing bonus ($5M) and all of his base salary ($5M). His per-game bonuses are an interesting issue... he's actually missed so many games in his career that some portion or all of them might count as "unlikely to be earned". (I'm not sure whether a per-game active bonus could EVER be counted that way, but there's anyone who could justify "unlikely to be earned" treatment, it would be Bradford!) But still, i don't see how that adds up to $0.6M against the cap, unless 12% of the per-game bonuses are "likely to be earned"?

...dave

Not sure of the math but that's what's being reported.

https://overthecap.com/player/sam-bradford/1349/

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

TEMPE, Ariz. -- As it turns out, the Arizona Cardinals weren’t all that close to signing quarterback Kirk Cousins despite general manager Steve Keim being the first to call Cousins' agent, Mike McCartney.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-ca...inals-finished-third-in-race-for-kirk-cousins

Has an agent ever handled free agency better for a client?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Good.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m either not seeing Justin Pugh or that’s way too blurry.

They did add his deal until this morning. Cap number dropped a bit since.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Um, we went to the Super Bowl.

Pretty sure he was referring to the year Whizenidiot said he was going with 'the QB who gained some yardage' and annointed Anderson. Completely ignoring the fact that in that game (pre-season) Anderson was not blitzed once, Leinart started and was blitzed 6 staright times across 2 series by the number ones on defence.... and never lost a single yard and was not sacked... I thought t was phenomenal given that O-Line was letting them through IMMEDIATELY... no QB, not even Warner, could have done better... so Whiznumbnuts goes with Anderson... still unbelievable...

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure he was referring to the year Whizenidiot said he was going with 'the QB who gained some yardage' and annointed Anderson. Completely ignoring the fact that in that game (pre-season) Anderson was not blitzed once, Leinart started and was blitzed 6 staright times across 2 series by the number ones on defence.... and never lost a single yard and was not sacked... I thought t was phenomenal given that O-Line was letting them through IMMEDIATELY... no QB, not even Warner, could have done better... so Whiznumbnuts goes with Anderson... still unbelievable...
I specifically remember a play that pre-season where Brandon Keith got pancaked and Leenert got walloped by Mario Williams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I specifically remember a play that pre-season where Brandon Keith got pancaked and Leenert got walloped by Mario Williams.

I think It was the first play of pre-Season and it was UUUUUUUUGLYYYYYYYY!!!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Did you forget about Carson Palmer already? He was the #1 pick in the 2003 draft.
Yep - duh- haha I guess I better find a better way to thank Mr Palmer - maybe we can throw a cherry across the bar and try to make it into a Arnold Palmer - and call it a Carson palmer?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea I was at training camp and never seen a coach treat a leader so crappy, not even in Cleveland in the 70s - Whiz purposely, insistant,y needled Leinart in front of the team mates and then bragged about - team mates could not have Leinart back without going in the doghouse themselves - beanie too - just trashed him to see how they would respond? Name names! Tell me where a hc did their qb that way? Maybe bill parcels but I do t remember a qb he treated that poopy in front of the press and the team.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yea I was at training camp and never seen a coach treat a leader so crappy, not even in Cleveland in the 70s - Whiz purposely, insistant,y needled Leinart in front of the team mates and then bragged about - team mates could not have Leinart back without going in the doghouse themselves - beanie too - just trashed him to see how they would respond? Name names! Tell me where a hc did their qb that way? Maybe bill parcels but I do t remember a qb he treated that ****** in front of the press and the team.

What a joke, anything to sell a story that the leenart was elite. Must be why he was coveted after he left the Cards, had nothing to do with his work ethic I'm sure. A coach that took an elite QB and turned him into garbage, just so he could get fired. Makes sense. :deadhorse::biglaugh:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yea I was at training camp and never seen a coach treat a leader so crappy, not even in Cleveland in the 70s - Whiz purposely, insistant,y needled Leinart in front of the team mates and then bragged about - team mates could not have Leinart back without going in the doghouse themselves - beanie too - just trashed him to see how they would respond? Name names! Tell me where a hc did their qb that way? Maybe bill parcels but I do t remember a qb he treated that ****** in front of the press and the team.
Damn, we were one Levi Brown reference away from the Holy THESMEL Trinity!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score