San Antonio @ Phoenix - Game Thread - Sun. May 6, 2007 - 12:30 p.m. ABC

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do you realize how big game 2 is? If we lose, nothing has changed in two years, and there will be some changes to this franchise.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Suns allowed 34pts in the 4th. Can't let that happen. Cruelty for us that Nash was out because all our playmaking brains went out the window. And that off the ball foul by Barbs just killed us! A very ordinary call by these jackass refs in a crucial part of the game.

I can't stand these ***** spurs! Every call they complain! EVERY CALL!

Game 2 can't come quick enough.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I really wanted to believe that this year would be different, but the evidence was just too strong the other way. I kept the faith in this game until the end, but in my gut I knew all along the Suns would lose.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
we pissed it away....our season is in jeopardy

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Do you realize how big game 2 is? If we lose, nothing has changed in two years, and there will be some changes to this franchise.

Definitely. Big changes will be on the way. I wouldn't be surprised at all of D'antoni has 1 more year next season. Him not playing KT more is a disgrace.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish we'd put Kurt and Amare out there together more often. We made our run in the first half with that lineup.

Diaw sits, Kurt plays.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How do you know this when Nash couldnt be on the floor in the last minute? (down by 2points and we had the ball)
I don't think that's the reason we lost. The rebounding hurt again. And Spurs again hit some big shots, Parker mainly. It's just so frustrating that all the close games between those two teams seem to go the Spurs way.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to believe that this year would be different, but the evidence was just too strong the other way. I kept the faith in this game until the end, but in my gut I knew all along the Suns would lose.

Sadly, I agree with you.

Never thought we could beat the Spurs and now I'll sink back into my annual Suns Depression....

Good every year, but never good enough.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Diaw needs to sit he isn't really giving the Suns anything. At least with Thomas the Suns can defend Duncan and not leave their shooter wide open.

They have no answer for Parker though.

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Diaw needs to sit he isn't really giving the Suns anything. At least with Thomas the Suns can defend Duncan and not leave their shooter wide open.

They have no answer for Parker though.

I don't think that Marion vs Parker is a good matchup. Why don't use Barbosa?

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
I would also prefer KT playing with Amare. We can get up on Parker more, don't give him WIDE OPEN J's and if he drives he has KT and AMARE waiting.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
You don't just have to be better than the spurs (I would argue we are almost exactly same or at least extremely close) you have to be a decent amount better because of the calls the spurs get for complaining to the refs all day.

That is all I saw today, every single call against the spurs someone or even multiple people complaining.

Fiba sucks eh tim duncan? And where is crawford duncan?

The spurs build their momentum on foul calls, I kid you not, just watch the game over and you will see. They are BUILT around defense and getting refs calls to dicate the pace and flow of the game so they complain incessantly.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Key moments.

1. B.S. 3rd foul on Amare. Led to change in defensive assignments in the late second and third quarter which allowed San Antonio to build a lead.
2. Technical on Ivaroni. Ivaroni needs to shut-up. We could have used that extra point.
3. San Antonio possession where they got like 7 offensive rebounds in a row. Absolutely pitiful.
4. Nash and Parker collision. The MVP couldn't get into the game in crunchtime
5. Off the ball foul on Barbosa. That was B.S. It sealed the game.

mribnik

Reaction score
This loss falls on D'Antoni. Playing Kurt Thomas 13 minutes is inexcusable and the Suns won't win a championship with Kurt sitting on the bench. Having Marion guard Duncan to begin the second half was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Bring in KT and sit JJ to start the half. What the hell was he thinking?

I always enjoy how they play the clips of D'Antoni "coaching" during a timeout.

"ok, lets play some defense! defense!'
"faster faster"
"lets just play hard, keep playing hard"

give me a break.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This loss falls on D'Antoni. Playing Kurt Thomas 13 minutes is inexcusable and the Suns won't win a championship with Kurt sitting on the bench. Having Marion guard Duncan to begin the second half was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Bring in KT and sit JJ to start the half. What the hell was he thinking?

I always enjoy how they play the clips of D'Antoni "coaching" during a timeout.

"ok, lets play some defense! defense!'
"faster faster"
"lets just play hard, keep playing hard"

give me a break.

Yup...I agree...I was yelling for Kurt when Diaw and Marion are sitting there guarding Duncan.

Why did we bring in Kurt Thomas to supposedly combat the Spurs, then not use him???

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Key moments.

1. B.S. 3rd foul on Amare. Led to change in defensive assignments in the late second and third quarter which allowed San Antonio to build a lead.
2. Technical on Ivaroni. Ivaroni needs to shut-up. We could have used that extra point.
3. San Antonio possession where they got like 7 offensive rebounds in a row. Absolutely pitiful.
4. Nash and Parker collision. The MVP couldn't get into the game in crunchtime
5. Off the ball foul on Barbosa. That was B.S. It sealed the game.

that about sums it up

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
under 4 mins - impressive

it brings a smile to my face in these frustrating times

:raccoon:

Me too :)

Not much to smile about though, depression sets in for me now. I wont be hopeful anymore this series because I don't want to be let down again.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
This loss falls on D'Antoni. Playing Kurt Thomas 13 minutes is inexcusable and the Suns won't win a championship with Kurt sitting on the bench. Having Marion guard Duncan to begin the second half was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Bring in KT and sit JJ to start the half. What the hell was he thinking? .

:raccoon: