San Antonio @ Phoenix - Game Thread - Sun. May 6, 2007 - 12:30 p.m. ABC

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Why are Phooey and Kempton whining about the refs? Really...that wasn't a poorly called game.

Since when did Phoenix become like Suckramento? It isn't attractive...

The refs were equally bad on both sides. The officiating league-wide is a disaster right now.

However my biggest gripe is that they were WAY too involved in the game. In the regular season I can handle them deciding the outcome (I don't like it but I can handle it) but when it comes to the playoffs the refs should let the players play and let them decide the outcome. There were several calls away from the ball that never should've happened and the Parker flop was the deciding factor.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup - in 05 we got destroyed in the last 5 mins of the game.

Today, we got destroyed in the last 50 seconds of the game, and that was with Nash on the bench.

Today we got discombobulated from our game plan cuz Nash was bleeding..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why isn't that trolling? We all know you're a Laker fan, so you gotta realize there are preconceived notions about you from the start, whether they are true or not.

How is it trolling? And what part? Talking about the fact that the interviews are all talking about the refs being terrible (that's a fact because that's what they are doing on ABC), while watching the game I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Or the Nash story? I've told that here before, it's true and is it now only trolling when the Suns lose a game? That's rich. Especially when I'm PRAISING nash and Treesquid decides to roll out ANOTHER fresh rapist troll job. Maybe I shouldn't praise Nash. :shrug:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash isn't going to miss any time. Come on.

not saying he will but losing him for the last two minutes of a tied game in the biggest game of the year is just par for the course with this franchise. It's really ridiculous.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the media here sucks, why the sudden expectations? The TV crew here have always been homers, Kempton is employed by the Suns of course he will be a homer, to put it in perspective, it's really no different than Ron Wofley telling Cardinal fans that Rod Graves is totally awesome.

Fair enough...point well made.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How is it trolling? And what part? Talking about the fact that the interviews are all talking about the refs being terrible (that's a fact because that's what they are doing on ABC), while watching the game I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Or the Nash story? I've told that here before, it's true and is it now only trolling when the Suns lose a game? That's rich. Especially when I'm PRAISING nash and Treesquid decides to roll out ANOTHER fresh rapist troll job. Maybe I shouldn't praise Nash. :shrug:

I'm not saying that Treesquid is in the right to do the "rapist troll job", but whatever story you have against Nash is irrelevant, especially on this thread. Treesquid tried to bait you, and it looks like he succeeded.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Gonna be a long series, guys. This team is more resilient than a lot of you give them credit for.

While some of you are crying about the season being over, the Suns players are undoubtedly pissed they let this slip away.

Throw away home court. Everyone knew SA was going to take one (or possibly two) at USAC.

- Anybody who thinks Nash shouldn't have been allowed to play, simply has no clue. Popovich didn't want Nash on the bench. Fierce competition. Let the players decide the outcome, rather than blowing the whistle or enforcing some pansy rule.

Nash is all heart. That damn nose wouldn't top bleeding. Wonder if it's broken? I had chills watching him tryin to give it a go. His play after that collision reminded me of Larry Bird and his broken eye-socket.

- Suns played well enough to win. Did they fire on all cylinders? No. A couple breaks here or there is all it takes.

Just a well-played game by both teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, but he did bang the NAU center's fiancee when they had camp there back when Nash was a rookie with the Suns. I know the story very well...they broke up. I knew both the guy and the girl...so Nash is a homewrecker.

i love this you don't like Nash because he's a homewrecker, yet KObe was MARRIED and had an AFFAIR but you love him? What, just because Kobe's wife is a money-grubbing gold-digger that and was happy with millions makes Kobe's actions better than Nash's? That just beyond stupidity d-dog.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A) Nash should not have been allowed on the court with that blood all over the place, on his jersey and on his hands (from touching his nose). That was stupid, and wrong.

B) Classy of Pop not to call it out and force the refs to remove Nash from the court...all he had to do was complain and they'd have had to act on it.

I was thinking the same thing, Donald. Blood is the "Magic Johnson" rule and he should have not been allowed back on the court. It is an NBA rule.

On the one hand, it was "classy" of Pop to not call it out, but on the other hand it just makes it that more demoralizing that he would not call it to give Suns fans an excuse. IMO he wanted to show they could still beat the Suns without trying to remove Nash even though that was a legit option.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, and it would be nice if marion showed up for more than 1 quarter. That would help - ESPECIALLY on the boards. 6 rebounds? Come on dude. If you're going to get torched on D (not totally his fault, why DA matches him up against guys he has no business guarding is beyond me) and score 5 points through 3 quarters, at least pick up the damn slack on the boards.

gotta win game 2 - they win there and it's a series. loss and unbelievably, we're looking at a sweep and the most boring six weeks of basketball of all time.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love this you don't like Nash because he's a homewrecker, yet KObe was MARRIED and had an AFFAIR but you love him? What, just because Kobe's wife is a money-grubbing gold-digger that and was happy with millions makes Kobe's actions better than Nash's? That just beyond stupidity d-dog.

Nope, just because I knew the people involved. That makes a ton of difference. Nash and Kobe or most any NBA guy has likely wrecked a ton of homes, but when someone wrecks the home of people you know very well, it kind of makes it more personal. Do you not agree (and not that it isn't hypocritical, but I don't think you can deny it).

Tangent, we can continue this via another thread if you care too...I don't but this isn't really the place for it.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns only had 7 turnovers to the Spurs' 15 and they still lost. That's scary.

If DA isn't going to play KT 20+ minutes when he plays well against Duncan, why do we even have KT?

Marion on Parker. Why oh why?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, Donald. Blood is the "Magic Johnson" rule and he should have not been allowed back on the court. It is an NBA rule.

On the one hand, it was "classy" of Pop to not call it out, but on the other hand it just makes it that more demoralizing that he would not call it to give Suns fans an excuse. IMO he wanted to show they could still beat the Suns without trying to remove Nash even though that was a legit option.

Not that it really mattered--the nose thing contributed GREATLY to us losing this game, and it would have been whether Nash had continued to play or not.

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
The Suns will never win a championship with Mike D'Antoni as headcoach. And that just pisses me the hell off. :mad:

KT comes into the game and contains Duncan like we all know he can do. Hell he even shut him down a few times.

So what does D'Antoni's stubborn ass do? He sits him when we needed him most.

Maybe some stuff didnt go our way like Nash and the cut nose, the poor officiating by the refs or Barbosa losing all ability to think in the closing moments. But this loss goes on the shoulders of D'Antoni and stubborn ass ways.

This is the perfect matchup to have KT Shine out there but we'll never see it because he rather stay with a small lineup that gets dominated in the paint.

Every single person that watches the Suns know that KT should be starting and playing big minutes in this series, yet somehow that knowledge escapes D'Antoni. But you'd think he would've picked up on something after watching him handle Duncan one on one. :doi:

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
while the refs sucked today, I seriously think marion for most of the first three quarters looked liked the worst player on the court.

He didn't rebound, he couldn't shoot, and he let tony parkers do pretty much whatever he wanted... though his stats seemed ok because of a good 4 minutes stretch mid fourth quarter...

I hate to single any one guy out for the loss, but I really think if marion would have manned up parker instead of going under every screen on earth... the suns would have won by 10... IMO

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I just remember how Malone was such a whiner about Magic, and the other game in the Lakers/Suns series when Lamar had blood on his shorts they had to have him switch pants during the timeout.

I was kind of amazed they didn't have Nash go in the back, change out jerseys and really try to get the bleeding stopped. It was surreal, and I was in awe both of the injury, the fact that he was still on the floor and the incredible balls he was showing hitting that three and playing. Very cool.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I can't totally blame Marion for getting torched by Parker and Duncan, there's zero reason he should be guarding either of those guys.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The Suns only had 7 turnovers to the Spurs' 15 and they still lost. That's scary.

If DA isn't going to play KT 20+ minutes when he plays well against Duncan, why do we even have KT?

Marion on Parker. Why oh why?

Good question, the Suns seemed to want to take their poison with Duncan, but to let both Parker and DUncan to go off is going to make it impossible to win.

Amare actually played pretty good D on Duncan, Duncan was just pretty much un guardable in the 4th. He hit some bad ass shots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't totally blame Marion for getting torched by Parker and Duncan, there's zero reason he should be guarding either of those guys.

agree - that's on DA. But it really speaks volumes as to our problems defensively overall against this club. A lot of people continue to bang the drum about Nash being on the Mavs = title - but there's a reason the Spurs used to kick their ass continually and it's because Nash would get killed at the PG spot on D. Same thing with the Kings.

However, that doesn't mean we can't win here. Nash more than makes up for his D with his O, but we're never gonna win if we have KT on the bench. Is it really a shock that our two big runs of the game (end of the first to early 2nd and end of the third to early fourth) came with KT in the game? Honestly, you don't have to start him, but good freaking DA, YOU HAVE TO PLAY HIM.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather have Bell on Parker and Marion on Ginobli

Floppy will kill Marion like he did two years ago.

we can't do anything about Parker - I'm resigned to that but we CAN make Duncan work harder with KT than against Marion and freaking Diaw.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
agree - that's on DA. But it really speaks volumes as to our problems defensively overall against this club. A lot of people continue to bang the drum about Nash being on the Mavs = title - but there's a reason the Spurs used to kick their ass continually and it's because Nash would get killed at the PG spot on D. Same thing with the Kings.

However, that doesn't mean we can't win here. Nash more than makes up for his D with his O, but we're never gonna win if we have KT on the bench. Is it really a shock that our two big runs of the game (end of the first to early 2nd and end of the third to early fourth) came with KT in the game? Honestly, you don't have to start him, but good freaking DA, YOU HAVE TO PLAY HIM.

Well, let's give him until next game to make the adjustment. If KT sits in favor of Diaw after they see the film then I agree 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05