San Antonio @ Phoenix - Game Thread - Sun. May 6, 2007 - 12:30 p.m. ABC

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I wont be hopeful anymore this series because I don't want to be let down again.

the moment steve nash had to go to the bench with the bleeding, the game was done.

arhg

I'd like to think that if nash had been able to come into the game when we were down 2, that we would have scored, and the game would have turned out differently

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A) Nash should not have been allowed on the court with that blood all over the place, on his jersey and on his hands (from touching his nose). That was stupid, and wrong.

B) Classy of Pop not to call it out and force the refs to remove Nash from the court...all he had to do was complain and they'd have had to act on it.

C-Z) What a stud Nash is for going out there with half his blood coming out of his face, drilling a clutch three and basically showing a huge amount of balls. I respect Nash's game, I don't like him at all as a person, but that was pretty impressive. Way to man up. I can think of 100 players in the NBA that wouldn't have even tried to get on the court in that shape, and yes even in a playoff game. He shouldn't have been allowed to do it, but he was the man regardless.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The difference is the Suns can still counter punch this series. They need to strike back Tuesday if they don't it's over. But 0-1 they can still win this series. I don't mean that in a blind **** homer way, I really mean it.

mribnik

Reaction score
Oh, and if D'Antoni continues to use KT less than 25 minutes a game against the Spurs and the Suns lose in 5 games, then his job should be in question. I'll be happy to take it back if he makes the proper adjustments, but he just doesn't seem like a championship coach, or a coach at all.

Edit: Ugh, and if they had some freaking duct tape on the sidelines Nash would've been able to come in immediately. That stuff fixes everything.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
The difference is the Suns can still counter punch this series. They need to strike back Tuesday if they don't it's over. But 0-1 they can still win this series. I don't mean that in a blind **** homer way, I really mean it.

yup - in 05 we got destroyed in the last 5 mins of the game.

Today, we got destroyed in the last 50 seconds of the game, and that was with Nash on the bench.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
A) Nash should not have been allowed on the court with that blood all over the place, on his jersey and on his hands (from touching his nose). That was stupid, and wrong.

B) Classy of Pop not to call it out and force the refs to remove Nash from the court...all he had to do was complain and they'd have had to act on it.

C-Z) What a stud Nash is for going out there with half his blood coming out of his face, drilling a clutch three and basically showing a huge amount of balls. I respect Nash's game, I don't like him at all as a person, but that was pretty impressive. Way to man up. I can think of 100 players in the NBA that wouldn't have even tried to get on the court in that shape, and yes even in a playoff game. He shouldn't have been allowed to do it, but he was the man regardless.

What? it's not like he is a rapist or anything.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
For some reason I don't think D'Antoni changes and plays KT. I think he prefers whining about the officiating and speaking in what-if's instead of coaching and making adjustments.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

What's the deal with Laker fans disliking Nash as a person? Only Laker fans BTW, never heard fans of any other team hating on Nash as a human being.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predicted a game 1 loss.. And thats not just me saying after the fact, I told O this.. And I also predict a series win in 6 games.. So I guess we'll see how accurate I am..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are Phooey and Kempton whining about the refs? Really...that wasn't a poorly called game.

Since when did Phoenix become like Suckramento? It isn't attractive...

mrkneebar

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whining?

Some of you are whining about the Spurs whining.

This game was NOT decided by the refs. The Spurs just came through. You better hope and pray Suns don't blow game 2 or it's over.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Why are Phooey and Kempton whining about the refs? Really...that wasn't a poorly called game.

Since when did Phoenix become like Suckramento? It isn't attractive...

Dude you're posts are becoming meaningless and troll like.

Nash as a person and now the phoenix media, what's next?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
the officiating wasnt that bad

the only call Im mad about is that 3rd foul on Amare

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? it's not like he is a rapist or anything.

Nope, but he did bang the NAU center's fiancee when they had camp there back when Nash was a rookie with the Suns. I know the story very well...they broke up. I knew both the guy and the girl...so Nash is a homewrecker. Maybe I should run around to every thread talking about it, or maybe I'll just keep on not liking the guy but respecting his game. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I don't think D'Antoni changes and plays KT. I think he prefers whining about the officiating and speaking in what-if's instead of coaching and making adjustments.

why did we even trade for KT?

DA got OWNED today.

Can't believe the injury bug nails us AGAIN. This franchise is cursed.

GOTTA WIN GAME 2! They lose there and it's a sweep.

DB

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and if D'Antoni continues to use KT less than 25 minutes a game against the Spurs and the Suns lose in 5 games, then his job should be in question. I'll be happy to take it back if he makes the proper adjustments, but he just doesn't seem like a championship coach, or a coach at all.

True.. true.. That's the whole reason they got KT was to guard players like Duncan.

D'Ant needs to start KT, Amare, Marion, Bell and Nash for this series.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The biggest difference to me is how we played Tony Parker on defense in the first half (that and Shawn Marion sucking it up through the first 24 minutes).

We consistently went under every screen that Tim Duncan set, leaving Parker open--and that's who killed us in this game. In the 2nd half, we started going over the screen and surprise, surprise--Parker didn't have as easy a time.

There were some bad calls, but nothing really unusual. KT was great in the 1st half, but barely registered any time in the 2nd--that has to change. And I think the James Jones experiment should be over, IMO. As much as everybody really doesn't like Boris, we gotta have him in the starting lineup over Jones. Again, he was aggressive in the first half and barely saw the floor in the 2nd. It's like Frank Johnson's substitution patterns all over again.

With that said, however, I think the game proved that this series is anybody's series. I know a lot of people will probably write the Suns off because we lost Game 1, but this was as see-saw a game as you can get. We can beat the Spurs, it just requires a bit of adjustments, which hopefully D'Antoni isn't afraid to do. We'll see Tuesday.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
why did we even trade for KT?

DA got OWNED today.

Can't believe the injury bug nails us AGAIN. This franchise is cursed.

GOTTA WIN GAME 2! They lose there and it's a sweep.

DB

Nash isn't going to miss any time. Come on.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude you're posts are becoming meaningless and troll like.

Nash as a person and now the phoenix media, what's next?

Did you not see Phooey keep talking about the refs being terrible? Really? Are you not watching ABC? Every single interview talks about the bad refs angle.

I wrote why I don't like Nash, and I've told that story before on here.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Ok this might be stupid, but considering Jones adds nothing to the team, would Banks be better in that role and on Parker? Essentially he would only be a first half player and since Jones never hits anything it wouldn't hurt the Suns if Banks missed wide open shots.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did you not see Phooey keep talking about the refs being terrible? Really? Are you not watching ABC? Every single interview talks about the bad refs angle.

And why isn't that trolling? We all know you're a Laker fan, so you gotta realize there are preconceived notions about you from the start, whether they are true or not.

mribnik

Reaction score
Ok this might be stupid, but considering Jones adds nothing to the team, would Banks be better in that role and on Parker? Essentially he would only be a first half player and since Jones never hits anything it wouldn't hurt the Suns if Banks missed wide open shots.

In theory I'd agree with you, but bringing in Banks to guard Parker would be a mistake. He's not going to get any help from the refs at all, and he'll screw up the Suns offense. He shouldn't see any time during this series unless the Suns are up 30.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

So the media here sucks, why the sudden expectations? The TV crew here have always been homers, Kempton is employed by the Suns of course he will be a homer, to put it in perspective, it's really no different than Ron Wofley telling Cardinal fans that Rod Graves is totally awesome.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think stubborn might be the better adjective.

To be fair, we did try to run on the break a lot in this game, something we don't necessarily do very well against the Spurs. But I was yelling at the tv where around the 5 minute mark Nash is walking the ball up from backcourt. We have to push, push, push ALL 48 minutes against the Spurs.