Seahawks 3 point favorites

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So are Rams vs. Niners. Hopefully the West is all 1-1 after next week.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals will cover, just like they did last night. Cardinals are the kings of losing and covering.

Genus49

Reaction score
I don't agree with the first post...but good luck next week vs the Seachickens.

Big challenges for both teams next weekend.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Seattle was soft against the run last year, and they didnt exactly impress against a weak running Tampa team. Cadillac Williams averaged 5 yards a carry against Seattle.

Seattle has much better pass rush threats than SF -- J Peterson and P Kerney

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
Seattle was soft against the run last year, and they didnt exactly impress against a weak running Tampa team. Cadillac Williams averaged 5 yards a carry against Seattle.

Seattle has much better pass rush threats than SF -- J Peterson and P Kerney

Williams had 11 carries for 40 yards, and 1 run for 20 yards

his average was actually about 3.6 ypc with the long run skewing those stats

not to mention that the Hawks knocked him out for the game

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams had 11 carries for 40 yards, and 1 run for 20 yards

his average was actually about 3.6 ypc with the long run skewing those stats

not to mention that the Hawks knocked him out for the game

Why do people constantly do this? Its stupid beyond belief. Cadillac averaged 5 yards per carry against Seattle anyway you like to try and justify otherwise. If you took out every RB's long runs they wouldnt average crap. Please for the love of god people just stop it already.

Last edited:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why do people constantly do this? Its stupid beyond belief. Cadillac averaged 5 yards per carry against Seattle anyway you like to try and justify otherwise. If you took out every RB's long runs they wouldnt average crap. Please for the love of god people just stop it already.
:stupid: "You know, if you take away all of his runs over 5 yards he only average 1.2 yds a carry."

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
the run D looked pretty good on the whole - that is the aspect that concerns me the most

really the only problem I had with the defense last week was how receivers were finding space in the middle of the field in the 7-15 yard range ....... most were to the left side of the offense

Alexander

Reaction score

In general, I completely agree with you. However, that long run came on the last play of the first half, about 70 yards from the end zone. So the defense wasn't exactly playing the run. I think Gruden just decided to run out the clock, although I'm not sure why he didn't just have them take a knee.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
that's true - TB got the ball back with 50 seconds left - they had 80 yards to go to the endzone and seattle was playing the pass and looking to make sure there wasn't any 1 on 1 coverage deep where they could make a long completion (like the one earlier in the game to galloway)

they ran the ball 3 times with caddy - a 9 yarder, a 2 yarder and a 20 yarder - that's 3 runs for 31 yards

you take away those unconvential runs that had no chance of really damaging the hawks he was left with 9 rushes for 29 yards (3.2 ypc) - not that large of a sampling, but not great results by any means - or results that i'm too worried about

so yes, caddy had 5 ypc - but really, what good was it?!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's true - TB got the ball back with 50 seconds left - they had 80 yards to go to the endzone and seattle was playing the pass and looking to make sure there wasn't any 1 on 1 coverage deep where they could make a long completion (like the one earlier in the game to galloway)

they ran the ball 3 times with caddy - a 9 yarder, a 2 yarder and a 20 yarder - that's 3 runs for 31 yards

you take away those unconvential runs that had no chance of really damaging the hawks he was left with 9 rushes for 29 yards (3.2 ypc) - not that large of a sampling, but not great results by any means - or results that i'm too worried about

so yes, caddy had 5 ypc - but really, what good was it?!

Good wnough to give him 5 YPC and the start of a very good day. There are RB's all the tiem that get those same type of opportunities. Same with Alexander. Thats called football.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Biggest thing about Seattle is that they're well-coached and seldom beat themselves. We, among other things, committed 10 penalties last week (Seahawks committed 3).

Granted, one game doesn't make a trend, but it appears that Seattle (at least early in the season) are a little less explosive offensively but tougher defensively than they usually are.

It's a winnable game (though by no means a definite "W"). As vs. SF - the outcome of the game will most likely be determined by execution rather than any glaring mismatches.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
shane - it was a good day until lofa crushed him (which he was doing a lot of to a lot of people)

yeah - it's football - people get junk stats all the time

if you think seattle had trouble stopping the run and that caused them to struggle in the opener - so be it

run D is a concern this season - but I didn't see anything in the first game that has my worried - doesn't mean something may not develop, but based on that one game they looked pretty good out there

making the initial tackle, staying in their lanes (completely shut down the reverse), swarming to help tackle - in fact the only time they didn't bring a guy down right away is on that 20 yard run - caddy had like 6 guys on him for about 10 yards - didn't hurt though because it kept him inbounds and ran out the clock

if that's poor run D, i'll take it all season and if bad performances lead to 14 point wins, i'll take that as well

jeff - i think this team will take time to hone their identity throughout the season - they always start a little slow, the defense has shown promise in the past to fade and the offense has struggled only to look really good

it's hard to tell so early - i liked the discipline out there, I liked seeing a little more creativity with the playcalling and sets and I liked seeing some of the young guys step up to their first challenge

i think your assessment will probably be pretty close to true at seasons end though

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
on the Bucs-- keep in mind that they are a poor running team to begin with.

Caddy averaged 3.5 yards a carry last year --

OP
OP
jmt

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
- i liked the discipline out there, I liked seeing a little more creativity with the playcalling and sets and I liked seeing some of the young guys step up to their first challenge

Ten penalties is not exactly disciplined. What exactly did you find creative about the play calling?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm a Seahawks fan - they didn't have that many penalties

however, for the playcalling I liked seeing a few different looks out of the shotgun, even though if failed the flea flicker isn't something that would traditionally be done and they were running Mo Morris out to the flanker all day to setup the possibility of that one long completion

MH seemed to try and be a little more creative than in the past - in fact, he only ran mack strong once on a 3rd and long

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Cards win 27-16.Deion Branch breaks out and gets 1 catch for 9 yards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05