Seahawks @ Cardinals prediction thread. 10/17

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
When is the last time the Cardinals won on a Thursday? I'm racking my brain and can only come up with losses from the Bills waxing us on Thanksgiving in '76 all the way through last year's dominance by the Rams.
Odds say we eventually win one, right?

Cardinal_Rule

Reaction score
I have tried to draw up a scenario where the Cards have an advantage over the Seahawks. Not really finding much there, of course there is always Chaos. Chaos could be the Cards X-Factor.

I am expecting a tremendous pass-rush early in the game because that's how the Cards roll. I am also expecting Wilson to have it figured out in 4 plays. Maybe in those 4 plays, the Cards get 3 sack fumbles for scores and Wilson decides to start throwing pick 6's

I can dream.

Seahawks 31
Cards 13

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
This game might get ugly quick.

Seattle wins by at least 17 points: 31-13

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
We will win...I will not accept any other outcome...

You must be registered for see images

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seahawks 31
Arizona 10

As an "anti jinx", I was considering starting a poll on how many picks Palmer will throw against the Seattle D. They have some awesome DB's and if he is going to throw balls right to them, we could be looking at multiple pick 6's. I hope he can avoid that of course.

freebyrd

Reaction score
we win
and the first thing that jumps out at me is the date of the game in your thread title
10/17
i say 17 to 10 cards :)

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I hate predictions

but I will say this:

every writer around that team is treating this game as a certain win for the Seahawks

I suspect the headlines + the memory of the 58-0 cakewalk is adding to that

the Seahawks have not played dominating football on the road

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes , we have a short week , but then so do the Seahawks plus the Seahawks have to travel . We took ourselves out of the drivers seat against a very good niners team in their house . I'm not into predicting score numbers , but I believe we will win this game . GO CARDS !!!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
27-9 Cards

The defense shows up for this game and keeps Seattle out of the endzone. The offense puts a focus on ball security in this one and do just enough to pull away in the second half.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I hate predictions

but I will say this:

every writer around that team is treating this game as a certain win for the Seahawks

I suspect the headlines + the memory of the 58-0 cakewalk is adding to that

the Seahawks have not played dominating football on the road

That is the key factoid IMO. IF, and it's a big IF, the Cardinals offense can limit turnovers they have a very good shot at winning this game IMO.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bowles stated the 9ers big drive was due to Cards players trying to do too much and not keeping true to the scheme and their assignments. What I saw was their Oline blowing up our Dline. Now maybe he was referring to 58 squared but what I saw was them getting blocked.

My concern is Lynch grinding out 1st down after 1st down. Of course their is Wilson's scrambling ability as well.

Now factor in BA says the chemistry between Fitz and CP is gone because Fitz can't go full speed in practice with his hammy injury.

Cards have played well and hard enough to give notice to the Seahawks they must come ready to play.

D finally gets a score themselves.

Cards win because they are at home.

17 - 16

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best news yet. NFLN has a segment called, are you smarter than a cupcake. They make cupcakes with filling that has each teams colors. Something like 5 with red and 5 with green for this Thursdays game. Then a female anchor picks a cupcake and opens it up to see what color the filling is. Just picked one with red filling so Cards will win.

Cupcakes are 5 - 0 so far this season so................

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predict my secretary will throw me out of the office shortly. I'm already hyper-ventilating.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Road teams historically have struggled on Thursday games. Cards have revenge on its mind from the debacle in Seattle last season. Seattle's o-line is banged up. Their WRs and TE are crap, which means the secondary can play single coverage and contain Skittles. This will be somewhat of a pitchers dual with 2 really good defenses, but I think AZ pulls off the upset by the slimmest of margins.

21-20 Cards

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser