Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
If Patterson keeps pitching like this he could find himself in Tucson this weekend.

Patterson should have never left Tucson. The guys ERA is over 6 and he looks like a scared deer every time he takes the mound. This guy isn't major league material.

If he's not gone tommorrow then he's gotta be the first to go when either Curt or Randy get back.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said previously that I thought Good's effort in COL was probably going to make him the first casualty when Curt or Randy came back (whomever was first back) but I now think Good bought himself a stay of demotion and Patterson will definitely go down to Tuscon first. I had very high hopes for him this season but he just hasn't put it all together.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Diamondbacks get back in the game and Randolph has let the first three batters get on. Unbelievable!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it could of been worse but the Rockies only got one run. Bring on the runs now.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew Shea would hit better when he got to BOB. Like I said in the Shea thread he is a line drive hitter and he will hit more home runs in BOB than at Fenway.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's now 6-5 as the Diamondbacks have knocked out Jennings.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Shea!!!3 home runs, WOW! 8-6 Diamondbacks!

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Man playing in AZ may really bring up Hillenbrands hr totals huh, he hits line drives that carry here, in Boston they were singles and doubles.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Q baby! Q looks like the old Q of last year. Nice piece of hitting for Lyle also. 9-6 Diamondbacks.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Baerga clutch or what? He is a hitting machine. 10-6 Diamondbacks.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN's Baseball Tonight will be going live when Shea bats in the 8th to see if he can tie the major league record for home runs in one game.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is fun. Just think, Randy and Curt will be coming back soon.:D

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish Brenly would not use Oscar in a 14-6 game because he has thrown a lot of games so far. I would hate to see him have arm trouble later down the road at such a young age.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you guys think of "Bam Bam" for Shea's nickname? He has a nice compact swing and he looks like him also.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Greg Schulte commented on Preston Wilson glaring at the D'Backs after Shea scored the 14th run, referring to something that happened earlier - - what did Wilson do to merit the remark??

I hate it when work gets in the way of my D'Backs viewing...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Preston Wilson hit a 3-run home run off of Patterson in the 3rd inning to make it 5-0. Once he hit the home run instead of watching the ball he kept staring at Patterson. I think he did that because the Diamondbacks intentionally walked the batter to pitch to Wilson.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 14-6! It is a no brainer to who is the MVP. Congrats to Shea. Props also to Finley, Kata and Q. Also, the bullpen did another great job. This team does not give up. They were down 5-0 but the rally came thru.

The great news is the Diamondbacks have passed the Phillies and are now the wild card leaders. Looks like the Giants are going to win but they're only 5 behind the Giants. Moreover, the Dodgers lost.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this team is frightening right now. If Randy and Curt are back at full strength after the All-Star break or somewhere close around that time, well, I don't even need to say it. Keep kicking ass boys!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D'backs now have a 1 game lead in the wild card

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Zona - now I wish one of the relievers would have drilled Wilson for showing up Patterson like that!!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by IndyDback
Thanks for the info, Zona - now I wish one of the relievers would have drilled Wilson for showing up Patterson like that!!

I fully expected Randolph to bean his ass in his next at bat, but there were runners on....he will get it tomorrow for sure...possible brawl to follow

If Curt was on the hill, he would have nailed him.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to see the relievers shut the Rox down.

JP should be on the next bus to Tucson - he just doesn't have it right now.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a game at 7:00 tonight so I won't be able to post until the later innings so I hope you guys will post during the game so when I get home I know what happens. Thanks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake