Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

RLakin

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dback Jon
Counsell and Kata lead off with hits!

That's a great twosome at the top of the order. I love what they bring to the table hitting #1 and #2. Not necessarily the fastest, but I'd take both over Womack and his .270 OBP any day.
Someone remind Brenly, though, because we do not need to see Womack back at leadoff anytime soon. Or ever.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to renig on teh Durazo trade on the fact that Dessens arm seems to not work right. Is is our weakest starting pitcher.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by RLakin
That's a great twosome at the top of the order. I love what they bring to the table hitting #1 and #2. Not necessarily the fastest, but I'd take both over Womack and his .270 OBP any day.
Someone remind Brenly, though, because we do not need to see Womack back at leadoff anytime soon. Or ever.

What do you do with Kata when Spivey comes back though?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elmer Lopez (or is it Albie Dessens) can't seem to put more than a couple of good starts together.

RLakin

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
What do you do with Kata when Spivey comes back though?

Tough question. I'd love to see if Spivey could play RF. If not (or if he won't), you may want to consider a Spivey package for a right fielder. Send Elmer with him.
It may seem premature to put so much stock in Kata, but they also have an infielder by the name of Tracy who is supposedly ready to enter the mix next year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Spivey still doing those Dairy Queen comercials out there in Phoenix? Those were so generic.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough question. I'd love to see if Spivey could play RF. If not (or if he won't), you may want to consider a Spivey package for a right fielder. Send Elmer with him.
It may seem premature to put so much stock in Kata, but they also have an infielder by the name of Tracy who is supposedly ready to enter the mix next year.

Could Kata play the OF?

Chad Tracy is a corner infielder.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What about Kata to RF?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Q singles to right 10 hits in last 23 ABs.

Dessens comes up to bat...fans boo

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Kata has a above average major league arm.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake