Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
I hope we get this out of our system before the Gnats arrive - Raggio has nothing at all out there, and Dessens....well, at least Elmer doesn't pitch this weekend!! 10-2 Padres, and their 5th inning just finished!!

ESPN.com just reported that Curt is a definite go for Saturday - WHOO-HOO!!!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get home from work and it's a blowout for the bad guys. It's still not over but it will require a huge rally. I hate these Thursday afternoon games. The Diamondbacks don't play well in them. By the way, it looks like Thom has gone to his negative personality.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's 14-2 and it's ugly. It doesn't matter what the score is, a loss is a loss. They need to forget about it and get ready for the Giants.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
i really wish we'd dump fudd right now. he's eating roster space. what an embarrasment.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They could of received a lot more for Durazo. I think Raggio will be the next pitcher sent down when Curt is activated for Saturday's game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some good news, the Giants lost to the Rockies today.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dessens is horrible.

I'll blow a gasket if he still starts after Curt and Randy come back. There's no way he's even close to better than Batista, Webb or Good and if they make the post season they'll only need 4 starters. Unfortunately I don't think he'd be very effective in relief either.

The Dbacks have made some great pickups during their short history but this guy isn't one of them. The thing that makes it really bad is they gave this guy a rediculous contract before the season started so they'll probably stick with him a LOT longer than they should.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Some good news, the Giants lost to the Rockies today.

Wouldn't it have been cool to start a 3 game series with the Giants 3 games back?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already baby - bring on the freaking Giants! Gotta at least take the series - is it Bautista, WSchilling and Webb? ******* a sweep would be great - come on Backs, keep it rolling - tonight was just a blip on the ole' radar screen!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The d'backs are never going to make up ground on the Giants if they keep winning when the Giants win and losing when the Giants lose.

p.s. dessens sucks 10 ways to Sunday......he makes Albie Lopez look like.....well forget that

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
how long has it been...

since the DBacks have had their a**** kicked that bad?
Even the best teams have a horrible game occaisionally. They may have been looking ahead to the G-nutz.
Yes - Dessens is terrible. Rotation after the break: Randy, Curt, Miggy, Brandon and Andrew

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn, 2 runs score in the first with the help of a big error by Finley. 2-0 lead for Schmidt is not good but this team hits very well at home.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overbay has been playing fantastic defense. That was a great stop in the second.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
go miggy! settle down, dude... man that sucked, stranded runner at 3rd...

miggy's gotta stop giving 2-strike hits...what's with his stuff today?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Giants have come to play. 4-1 Giants in the third.

Matrix31

Rookie
Reaction score
well, now hes having trouble finding the zone and allowed the bomb to Grissom. Schmidt is going to be tough to catch up with. Its possible but we have to convert when we have chances and hold them

Matrix31

Rookie
Reaction score
now i think our only chance is to get Schmidts pitch count up, he is cruising. Of course if you work deep in counts he will thow that change that no one is figuring out. However, no one seems to be hitting anything so we might as well try and get to their pen.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I remember when the D'backs were in trade talks to pick up Schmidt...but we got Albie Lopez instead.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's like Schmidt owns the Diamondbacks. It looks like the fans are not into the game. I get a feeling they sense it will be tough to come back. I think they can. Bonds just crushed a home run, it's now 5-1.

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope Miggy stays in. After Bonds watched his home run and took two minutes to circle the bases, I'm sure he'll get plunked.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alan
I hope Miggy stays in. After Bonds watched his home run and took two minutes to circle the bases, I'm sure he'll get plunked.

Bonds has to watch it because his gigantic head takes a few minutes to get into motion....his head rivals that of TJ Kidd...almost