Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
Way to send a message Dbacks...

JHeez - man - why is it that you can give Rod Graves the utmost patience even though his moves have us the laughing stock of the league and a lot of our fans upset with him - but with the Backs (an organization that not only has won three of the last four division championships, not to menion a WOLRD SERIES and started the season 3-11 AND then lost the best two pitchers in baseball AND were as many as 8 games back of the wild card but now find themselves only two out) you post this type of nonsense.

It's a long season and to tell the truth, even though I hoped for a series win, I was praying we came out not being swept. Right now the Giants are better than us - Curt isn't at full strength, Batista was a due for a bad game and Johnson ain't back yet - not to mention most teams go into a cooling off period after the streak we had. Relax and turn your negativity on a team that deserves it (that being said - and I know green you won't believe me on this - I AM a bigger Cards fan than anything else in the wolrd but this shortsightedness on your part is ridiculous to me after seeing your support for the Cards)

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news before the start of today's game, the Mets have beaten the Phillies 4-3.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
i agree. don't get so down on the guys. can't win em all...besides, we have our REAL ace on the mound today. can't wait for the game to start.

HOWEVER, and this is a big however, don't be surprised if bwebb loses this game for us. remember, he hasn't had a non-quality start yet. if there's such a thing as being due for a bad day, this is it. if he's due for a mugging, i can't think of a team with a more efficient offense than the gnats right now. i can't think of a ballpark where he'd get shelled worse than the BoB. but then again, there's always coors.

what i'm saying is that the odds look good, but don't get down on the rookie if he doesn't pull out a rabbit.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alan
I am guaranteeing a Diamondbacks victory today!

Um, if the top of the first inning is any indication, I hope the guarantee has some hidden clauses!!! The Gnats absolutely have our number right now, and the All-Star break couldn't come at a better time!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a good start, 3-0 Giants in the first. It's still early but the Giants are a much better team than I gave them credit. I wish Thom Brennaman would shut his negative mouth up. When things aren't going well for the Diamondbacks he gets so negative.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
told you guys. brandon will be fine. just don't expect him to win this game. at this rate, the giants are playing like ws champs.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
wow. end of the 1st, down 4, and our *ahem* ace, has thrown 35 pitches. man, what an awful start. sigh. i'm not really mad at bwebb or anything. i just feel really bad that no matter how good the dbacks play, it seems like there's no way in hell we'll be able to stop the giants from stepping on us on their way to ws.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they can come back. It is way too early in the game and I like this line-up.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonzo finally gets a hit off the Giants. Great at-bats by Counsell and Cintron. 4-1 and looking for more.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
check out this clown, brower. he's trying to pound the ball on the corner. not that i'm rooting for the gnats or anything, but he hasn't thrown ANYTHING inside yet. what a dork. now here's a guy who deserves to give up 4 runs.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Finley. 4-3 and looking for more.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a ballgame again, 4-3 after one. The good thing is the Giants are going to have to go to their bullpen, which is not that good.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good second inning for Webb. He did not throw that many pitches. By the way, Overbay sure does not look comfortable right now at the plate.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
man the difference 30 minutes makes. looks like we can lock this down. we have our best on the mound, and we have our best relievers well rested in the bullpen. plus, we have 2 more closers than they do. hahah.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Q should play more in right than Dellucci until the Diamondbacks make a trade for one. Now that Webb has a 3-run lead let's hope he can keep it that way.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
I sure wish MLB.com would have had this game televised today....Webb has made a nice turnaround from the first inning, and the team as a whole finally realized that the Gnats are merely another team they play, and aren't playing as scared today.

Scoring a few runs doesn't hurt things much either. GO D'BACKS!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alan
Giants just acquired Matt Herges.

The Giants sure wished they had Herges today coming out of the bullpen. That is not a bad pickup for them but it is not a major acquisition. It's comparable to the Diamondbacks picking up Fetters last year.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
wow. bwebb sure settled down in a hurry. check out his balls to strikes ratio. 30-46, from almost even a while back. and those goose eggs! go webb! shut em down. they're just a bunch of sick losers!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Webb has settled down. It might of been good for Webb to have a bad inning and then come back and throw better. He will learn from it.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cintron vs Kata. I think the biggest difference is that Cintron is a much more discipline hitter. Cintron more patient and when you have Counsell and him in at the 1 and 2 in the line-up, you're bound to have one of them on.

Last edited:

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Cintron vs Kata. I think the biggest difference is that Cintron is a much more discipline hitter. Cintron more patient and when you have Counsell and him in at the 1 and 2 in the line-up, you're bound to have one of them on.

I agree completely. i think kata is best used off the bench. sit him and spivey. this line-up is as good as we can make it, i think. except for hammock. i prefer moller. i suspect his game-calling skills had something to do with bwebb's bad inning.

btw, don't look now, but bonds on third. 2 outs though. don't let him score, webby! make it through this inning, and the bullpen can save your win already.