Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to go Q! That home plate umpire sucks. Let's get more runs.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is Kata swinging at the first pitch? I wish they would of started Cintron who has a little more experience.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasted inning. 2 runners in scoring position with one out and they can't score. The only good thing is Schmidt has thrown a lot of pitches.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Randolph looks sharp and puts the Giants down 1,2 and 3. It's rally time for the Diamondbacks.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
is it just me or is miggy reverting to his old form? he had a pretty mediocre game last time out too, if i remember right. sigh.

well, at least curt's playing tomorrow. and then we have our other ace, bweb on sunday.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
alright! hillenbrand's on base! here's our chance to make another run!

is it just me, or does luis gonzales look SCARED of the giants? it's like he KNOWS he can't hit against them or something...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not over yet. There is 3 innings to go.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spivey is probably the only guy who could of caught that Snow pop-up if he was playing. Curt said Junior has the best range of any infielder and I believe he could of gotten it if he was playing.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brenly needs to really give it to the ump because he sucks. I like how Bob tossed it in the stands. Hopefully this will pump up the team, if not tonight, tomorrow.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Spivey could probably not have goten there mainly because the infield was in on that certain play. It would be a difficult play if the infield alignment was normal let alone infield in.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
man, this game stinks. hope curt can give us a better effort. grrr...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The one missing piece with this team is a right fielder. Dellucci is batting under 250. I really believe they will try and get someone to be the everyday right fielder.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kata hit a solo home run in the 8th. Could a rally be on its way?

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alan
I hope Miggy stays in. After Bonds watched his home run and took two minutes to circle the bases, I'm sure he'll get plunked.
Ok, maybe I just really dislike Bonds, but Overbay just hit a foul ball, which bounced back toward Bonds. The ball was two feet from Bonds, five feet from the ball guy (who is sitting down) and Bonds signals the ball guy to pick it up.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are not going down without a fight. 10-5 with only one out.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smolder
is it just me, or does luis gonzales look SCARED of the giants? it's like he KNOWS he can't hit against them or something...

Its definitely a psychological thing. Everybody looks like they're pressing.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10-6 now. Counsell and Kata are on third and second. It's getting interesting.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They lost 10-7 but maybe this offensive punch at the end will carry over tomorrow. It would be nice if they give Curt a big lead early.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Diamondbacks still can take the series with two wins. Looking forward to attending tomorrow's game but hopefully you guys keep posting.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch or listen to the game, so I'm going off the box score; did Good get lit up again, or did Valverde let the inherited runners score?? It's a different game if those three runs weren't allowed in the 9th....

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at the game last night. For those who watched on TV, was McLelland's strike zone really as scattered as it appeared in person? Also, it seemed as though there were different strike zones for the Giants and Dbacks?

Finleys error and the bases loaded walk by Valverde (again, the strike zone seemed in question to me) were huge...3 runs there.

Finley appeared to be indecisive as to whether he should dive for the ball of play it on the hop and I believe that is what caused it...plus it appeared to have a dead hop on it which led to the ball scooting under his glove.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This series is going to force the D'backs to make a move for a RF power hitter and they are going to overpay...they were embarassed infront of their home crowd

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was my fear. Curt returns and he is in spring training form while all the hitters he is opposing are in midseason form. Same will happen when Randy returns.

O expect some struggles but this is hardly the time for that...when the Dbacks are facing nothing but divisional competition.

Not saying they should have held out Curt or anything but this is a critical time to be having one ace trying to regain his groove...with another to come.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got back from the game and all I can say is I was disappointed. I think the Diamondbacks need to get an early run tomorrow because they are a different team when they are behind the Giants.

We all have been talking about Webb and Willis but Jerome Williams is also the real deal. This guy should be mentioned in the same sentence with Webb and Willis. I was impressed with him.

Has anyone else noticed that Kata is not a very discipline hitter? He swings at a lot of balls. I have seen him hit the fastball but it looks like he is struggling to hit the off-speed stuff.

I hope the Diamondbacks go out and get that right fielder with power. A win tomorrow and the team is only 5 games out and as of today they are only 2 behind the Phillies for the wild card. There are just too many games left to hit the panic button. It should be a great run to the playoffs.