Seau Again

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
Kffl is reporting that a possible deal with Miami and San Deigo for Seau could possilby be done , depending on if Seau is willing to restructure is contract.. What is the Cards make a play for him and .. I say a 3rd or 4th and he wont have to restructure this year.. I don't know if this is his last year on the contract of not.. but with his leadrship and tenacious drive.. he would very a major boost here for the defense.. He won let players slack on assignments.. GO FOR IT CARDS>

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but the only thing I would be willing to give up for Seau would be a 7th or maybe a 6th since we have an extra one. Even thats pushing it though!

The guy just plain isnt worth trading for IMO!

Now if we could aquire him post June 1st or whenvever he will be cut then fine but to give up draft picks would just be plain silly!

seesred

Reaction score
I would rather see us give Holiday another shot and maybe put it on the line with him rather than JR. Don't get me wrong I think he might do for the Defense what I'm hoping Emmitt does for the Offense. BUt, I would like to see us add a little more to the pot and tell Holidays agent that we need to know asap or the new offer is gone.

GBR

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
No way, his cap hit will be in the range of 10 mil this year.

Wait til he gets cut or let Miami have. He might be a good addition, but is by no means critical.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would LOVE SEAU here, but we cant spend the barn...

A contract like Smiths would be ok with me, or a draft pick around 4 or lower...

But if he is Cut We should go after him HARD!

OP
OP
J

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
Seau

according to Kffl. His salary would be only 3million this year. That I think is worth takeing a chance onle for his experience and tenacious drive.
GO CARDS

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Miami story hasn't changed for 3 weeks. Seau has been saying nice things about Waanstadt too. You'd think this should, therefore, be a slam dunk - either via trade or after June 1 - but as we all know too well, talk is cheap.

If the trade happens, it happens and the Cards will no doubt be kept out of the loop.

If nothing gets done til after June 1st, the Cards have a decent shot, but I'd still have to give the inside track to Miami.

The key for Graves is to set a reasonable dollar-figure for what the Cards are willing to spend on Seau - and then have the discipline to stick with it. (Then - either we land him or we don't).