Sherman coming back for interview number 2

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think this team is prepared to wait for the playoff coaches to get finished with the playoffs. these guys that are getting interview already have people in mind for their staff. probally already have some commitments from those people.

i can imagine if sherman gets hired he might hire the mooch as his offensive cordinator. wouldn't that be a tandom. hopefully cam cameron is on that short list.

I would love to see ex head coaches as our coordinators.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Sherman a lot. His comments in the video on the cards site a few days ago was spot on IMO, especially talking about the defense and how the DBs should cover.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I guess you guys get this from his 3 of 4 seasons with double digit wins? Above average drafts?

Always do the opposite of what the majority on this board say. You guys loved Dave Mac...even after years of losing with him, Loved Green.

Now the board clamors for Chow whom I think is by far the worst of the bunch. I wouldnt mind Cam or Grimm but Sherman would get me pumped.

Exactly how I feel. I don't like Chow as a HC at all. Many ASU fans and boosters didn't even want him as a HC. So if a 2nd tier college team didn't want him, then why should an up-and-coming NFL team want him? I think I'd rather have Sherman over Chow personally. Let it be clear though that I don't like either of them for this job.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like I said on another thread Sherman would be the "safe" hire. Chow would be the riskiest, and Rivera would be the trendiest.

I can't say I'll be surprised if they play it safe.

It's time for them to take a chance... quit being so damn conservative and safe... freaking go for the homerun for once. Grimm or Chow or even Rivera before Sherman IMO.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I guess you guys get this from his 3 of 4 seasons with double digit wins? Above average drafts?

Always do the opposite of what the majority on this board say. You guys loved Dave Mac...even after years of losing with him, Loved Green.
Yeah, I loved Dave Mac and Denny Green.:rolleyes:

Mike Sherman inherited a team littered with Pro Bowlers and a HOF QB in his prime and essentially left it in shambles. Oh yeah, those great drafts. How can we forget about Batman Carroll, Jamal Reynolds, and Aaron Rodgers.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
adam shcelfer of the nfl network just reported that Rivera, cameron, and assistant coach of the colts ted whater ever his last name is on the short list. how true that is yet to be seen.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I loved Dave Mac and Denny Green.:rolleyes:

Mike Sherman inherited a team littered with Pro Bowlers and a HOF QB in his prime and essentially left it in shambles. Oh yeah, those great drafts. How can we forget about Batman Carroll, Jamal Reynolds, and Aaron Rodgers.

Jamal Reynolds was the last draft that Wolfe ran. Aaron Rodgers was Thompson's first draft. Sherman wanted to go with BPA defense but lost out to Thompson who actually gutted the team and fired Sherman. However, Sherman had some bad drafts with Carroll, BJ Sanders, etc. He did trade up to get Javon Walker.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no Mike Sherman.... Him and Barry Bostwick were separated at birth:

You must be registered for see images attach

Barry Bostwick

You must be registered for see images

Mike Sherman

Seriously though..it's not like Graves and Co. have announced a time-frame in which a coach will be named....

I believe it will be announced very shortly that Rivera will have a 2nd interview, obviously all contingent on the Bears play-off status....

I didnt envision Grimm or Whisenhunt seriously ending-up here (which was obvious), and I bet it will be confirmed tomorrow that Chow will return back as well, so please dont resort to any immediate rash judgments......

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
May be a stupid question, but why a second interview? Unless, of course, you're planning to hire him................:sad:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Has there even been a hint as to how the Caldwell and Cameron interviews went?

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Xtra 910 is reporting that Mike Sherman is coming back to Phoenix for a second interview, accompanied by Mrs. Sherman

draw your own conclusions

what puzzles me is why release one name and not pose it as we are seeing 'X' from group one (non playoff guys)......and cannot discuss those candidates in group 2.

they probably have a reason

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score

That team went 8-8 the year before he got there.

He also drafted Javon Walker, Nick Barnett and Aaron Kampman. Rogers was a Ted Thompson pick.

The shambles is at least partly the fault of Ted Thompson, who let his two pro bowl guards walk without replacement on a team that had become run first.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
what puzzles me is why release one name and not pose it as we are seeing 'X' from group one (non playoff guys)......and cannot discuss those candidates in group 2.

they probably have a reason

My guess is that of the four finalists, Sherman is the only one whose team still isnt playing.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that of the four finalists, Sherman is the only one whose team still isnt playing.

My guess is being that he apparently will be the first to show up they might as well say yeah he's coming in.. since they wouldn't be able to deny it once he started walking around the facility.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At least Denny actually built those good Vikings teams from the ground up before he lost control and everything crashed around him. Sherman took over a powerhouse NFL program and promptly drove them into the ground. This will be an unmitigated disaster if he is hired, I would rather have the lovechild of Dave McGinnis and Denny Green coaching the Cardinals than this guy.

i'm no fan of sherman, but "promptly drove them into the ground."??? how many seasons did it take for the pack to be "in the ground?" i think you misuse the word "promptly."

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i thought bates was coaching back with the dolphins.

i just had another thought. sherman, the mooch, oc, and jim mora dc. they could be called the 3 stooges.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you're reading something thats not there. They may be interviewing again based on when they were interviewed the first time so that they have more time to prepare for the 2nd interview.

i just thought the same thing...i agree with you..it will be in the order they were interviewed...for those they can interview...my next guess will be chow and then grimm....all before the playoff games this weekend if they can.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what Guys? I'm to the point that no matter who they hire I'm going to approach next season with a "We"ll see" attitude. Lets face it . No matter who we hire , this site will erupt with the pros and cons , the why's and why not's, the boy are we stupid and the boy are we smart conclusions.
I refuse to get sucked into the "Why did we hire this guy, we're doomed" or the "Gee, what a great hire, we're going to the playoffs".
What the hell do we know? I was happy with the BS and the credentials Green came here with and we know how that turned out.
That being said, Grimm seems to be a guy who will make interviews very interesting. Seems like there would be times he'd be firing from the hip.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
i just thought the same thing...i agree with you..it will be in the order they were interviewed...for those they can interview...my next guess will be chow and then grimm....all before the playoff games this weekend if they can.

If what Shefter is reporting is true, then Grimm and Chow aren't on the short list. You don't make a "short list" and only narrow down 1 or 2 names