Shingo Takatsu or Jose Mesa coming to Arizona?

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Got this little quip from the Chicago Tribune website

Source

Reliever Shingo Takatsu could be traded as soon as Monday to Arizona if the Diamondbacks can't strike a deal with Pittsburgh.

As for the deal with Pittsburgh, what I'm hearing around this neck of the wood is that the Pirates and D-Backs have begun "serious negotiations" on a deal that would send Mesa and Mike Gonzalez to Arizona for "prospects". I'm not 100 percent as to who the prospects mentioned were, but I do know that they were immediately rebuffed when they asked for Quentin or Jackson.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Okay, but if that happens I'm gonna, gonna, set the building on fire.

That, in my opinion would be a terrible trade. One of our top prospects for either old relievers or a middle reliever. I wouldn't put it past Joe given his record with trades but that would be AWFUL. :mad:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Takatsu was designated for assignment which means we'd liekly get him for next to nothing (think Herges trade Part II).

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Takatsu was designated for assignment which means we'd liekly get him for next to nothing (think Herges trade Part II).

He's not a bad RP either.. I'd like to see him in a DBack Uni.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
He's not a bad RP either.. I'd like to see him in a DBack Uni.

Well this year has been a little rough for him, but last year he was solid. The only thing that concerns me is that he is 36, so he might not return to the form he had last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan