• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was averaged games played by All-Stars in 2022-23 season.
I am not sure what you are struggling with. My post above linked to this source: https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2023_totals.html. That is REGULAR SEASON totals. Has nothing to do with just all-stars. My initial post was about all-stars. This post, https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/should-ayton-be-traded.525205/post-5186223, had nothing to with that original all-star post.

I don't think you are following the conversation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On a similar note, regarding durability, I think we'll see stars play more now that they must play in 65+ games to qualify for postseason awards. Since those awards help determine max and supermax deals, I believe there is now extra incentive for them to play more often than not.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So that doesn't make sense, you're disqualifying anyone who played less than 30 games from the data? See how that doesn't add up? Want to talk about cherry picking.

There's no perfect measure. I agree on that. I provided data backing up my point, if you don't like it, fine, provide your own. Clearly I take issue with what you're supplying but remember, this all started because @Chaplin and you decided to say it wasn't fair to say they aren't durable when you can't provide any proof they are. So we'll have to agree to disagree.
I cut it multiple ways. How is that cherry picking? I said I am open to whatever criteria you would like. You know why I did that? Because if you look at guys like Rookies and other players who got cut or benched it skewed the numbers to much the other way. If I include everyone? The average is 43 games. So, the different cutoffs are not perfect but it does provide a range and comparables. What you did was cherry pick with zero context. Not me.

Again, no matter how you slice the data I can't see any cut that makes it look like Yuta or Diopp are below average. Again, I am open to cutting it another way. I am just making the case statistically what you are saying isn't supported. Data means noting without a baseline. I provided that baseline. The rest is rather subjective.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is, comparing the durability of stars and All-Stars to other players in the NBA is an outlier to what we were talking about when it came to Cam Payne. They are totally different subjects.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is, comparing the durability of stars and All-Stars to other players in the NBA is an outlier to what we were talking about when it came to Cam Payne. They are totally different subjects.
We know the average for the entire NBA now and we also know the All-Stars average less than the rest of the NBA. Other bench players were brought up as a comparison to Payne. I wish there was an easy way to just look at benches but so far the ranges seem to be comparable and not outliers.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back at ya. Still doesn't mean you completely understand the conversation. Which isn't a bad thing, but you shouldn't be lecturing and policing this thread because of it.

And I don't care for your snide remarks.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look what I found during my lunch break. A breakout by Bench players here for last season: https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?StarterBench=Bench&dir=A&sort=GP. I can't speak to the accuracy or accounting of who they call a bench player:

Unfiltered: Avg 30 Games Played
Played in at least 20: Avg 43 Games Played
Played in at lest 30: Avg 47 Games Played
Played in at least 41 (half of season): Average of 54 Games Played

Another way to look at it. There were 440 bench players active last year. These are the games played by Bench players in TOTAL:

82 Games = ZERO
70 to 77 = 12 bench players (no bench players played more than 77 games) - 2.7%
60 to 69 = 32 bench players - 7.2%
50 to 59 = 50 bench players - 11.3%
40 to 49 = 63 bench players - 14.3%
30 to 39 = 78 bench players - 17.7%
29 Games or less = 205 Bench players - 46.8%

My conclusion? If you are a bench player and playing in 60+ games are you in elite company (in terms of games played, not necessarily PLAY).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton was ranked #14 by Bleacher Report's best bigs for the 23-24 season preview. Perhaps lower than some would like. I think that's fair considering it's not just Centers listed and overall impact is taken into account.

He ranked #54 overall in their top 100.

Top 100

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record, Beal was 15th and Booker was 3 on the guard list.

Beal was 34, Booker was #9 and KD #8 overall

Durant was also #3 on the Wings list.

Top 100 list

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record, Beal was 15th and Booker was 3 on the guard list.

Beal was 34, Booker was #9 and KD #8 overall

Durant was also #3 on the Wings list.

Top 100 list

Wow... Cade Cunningham is given an extremely generous ranking. Thus far, he is a volume shooter who can't shoot...

Check that... KAT is given the most generous rating. If KAT is still playing PF he isn't a top 100 player, they're rating him as though they expect him to play center, even there, the rating is quite a bit off, IMO.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow... Cade Cunningham is given an extremely generous ranking. Thus far, he is a volume shooter who can't shoot...

Check that... KAT is given the most generous rating. If KAT is still playing PF he isn't a top 100 player, they're rating him as though they expect him to play center, even there, the rating is quite a bit off, IMO.

Chris Paul got a legacy vote, basically. He was #29 on the guard list and #69 on overall, although he was tied with Austin Reaves on both. I think that's quite generous considering every team in the league has no less than 1 starter better than him at this point but I'd say every team has no less 2 guys better than him. He fell off quick. He was a top 50 player 2 years ago but I find it hard to list him in the top 90-100 now. He might prove to be that if he can accept a Sixth Man role though. He could be excellent if he buys in but I'm not sure the Warriors are the best team for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser