Snyder Cut

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head over this signing. It was crazy how much money we gave Snyder. I don't fault Snyder at all. I blame the people who brought him in and paid him that much money!

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head over this signing. It was crazy how much money we gave Snyder. I don't fault Snyder at all. I blame the people who brought him in and paid him that much money!

This.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretending? I have been a fan since 2005, I just found ASFN this year and have been lurking for quite awhile and finally decided to join today.

I do not mind being called a clown, I have been called that all my life.

Welcome to the board clownshoes :)

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Got some young fresh legs at the guard position, it was a good move. You never want to celebrate someone losing their job but he's got millions in the bank.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Right, because no one from the CAA (cough, Joe Flacco, cough) and/or JMU (cough, Charles Haley, cough) could ever make it in the NFL right away.

Hmm... Joe Flacco played for Michigan before he defected to FBS so as not to lose a year of eligibility. But thanks.

Maybe check out Charles Haley's career, and see how many games he started for the first two years of his career. And that's before you start to think about how much the NFL might have evolved in 25 years.

But, you know, facts and such, right?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like all the moves the great keim is doing.i hope he get rid of colledge and sendlein.honestly i dont want see sendlein starter

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Right, because no one from the CAA (cough, Joe Flacco, cough) and/or JMU (cough, Charles Haley, cough) could ever make it in the NFL right away.
If a guy from the MAC can be the #1 overall pick and expect to start at OT from day 1, I don't think it's a major strecth for a guy from the CAA to eventually(mid-season maybe) to start at OG year 1.

Other than a couple teams at the top, the MAC is not that big a step above the CAA. No doubt it's a better league, but it's not like the MAC is a major conference.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score

So correct. The old GM and coach ran ruff shot over the staff and signed bad players for the OL. Now BASK and Co. are trying to fix it for the better.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What a minute. You stated the you just don't cut experienced players over rookies.

:shrug:

If you're going to cut him, better to cut him now then let him get hurt.

I prefer to hold on to experienced veteran players, but it's not my team. It's Keim's team. I absolutely believe that Adam Snyder was overpaid, but sometimes you keep overpaid guys because it makes your football team better.

Signing Adam Snyder was definitely one of the sins of the former regime. As was trading for Kevin Kolb, and drafting Beanie Wells, etc., etc.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agreed.

Nice guy and all, but ala Rod Graves..... time to go.

He should go start a car dealership or something.

If he does I am buying a car there because he with probably give me double blue book value for my trade in.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well after drafting two guards, I think many of us felt someone was going to get the axe.

Snyder it was.

Glad to see this team will move on from mistakes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he does I am buying a car there because he with probably give me double blue book value for my trade in.

Pack a lunch or two and maybe a sleeping bag so he can run the numbers.

Steve

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if there was a cultural element to this as well. I know Snyder and Colledge are good dudes, but they were extremely close too. It may have been difficult for a new rookie to come into that situation knowing he would be unseating one of them.

Colledge said on twitter (which looks like it has since been deleted) something to the effect of "Looks like people are challenging #snydedgebrownlein... Challenge accepted." Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it seems to be a divisive comment, and not really welcoming to the rookies.

THIS!

You can bet this is part of a cultural change. Remember...the Colts h turned over their roster last year with 37 new players.

Expect a lot of the same. Easier to teach a puppy new tricks than it is to retrain and old one.

And as Duckjake says....5-11 with em'.....5-11 without em'.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
THIS!

You can bet this is part of a cultural change. Remember...the Colts h turned over their roster last year with 37 new players.

Expect a lot of the same. Easier to teach a puppy new tricks than it is to retrain and old one.

And as Duckjake says....5-11 with em'.....5-11 without em'.

Boom. Agreed.

And I must say..... Great job getting this thread to 5 stars so quickly. It actually deserves 10 stars.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My thoughts are , a very clear message is being sent , anyone already here that has been observed just going through motions is not goingto be here . The tone will be set for the new guys coming in that when the ball is snapped , all 11 guys are expected to give big effort , over and over and over . My confidence is growing that we are going to play winning football sooner rather than later .

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are , a very clear message is being sent , anyone already here that has been observed just going through motions is not goingto be here . The tone will be set for the new guys coming in that when the ball is snapped , all 11 guys are expected to give big effort , over and over and over . My confidence is growing that we are going to play winning football sooner rather than later .

I disagree. Snyder wasn't "just going through the motions". He just wasn't that good.

I think the message (if there is one) is that if you can be easily replaced by a younger/cheaper player you had better start packing your bags.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm... Joe Flacco played for Michigan before he defected to FBS so as not to lose a year of eligibility. But thanks.

Maybe check out Charles Haley's career, and see how many games he started for the first two years of his career. And that's before you start to think about how much the NFL might have evolved in 25 years.

Evolved to the point where athletes from the 4 corners of the world, with little background and competition, are being drafted. I read that there were 7 kids out of Canadian universities, playing three down ball, who made Nfl rosters last year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I said a few weeks ago three things would really improve the OL...

- Get a QB
- Draft an elite OG prospect
- Cut useless stiffs

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Hmm...Joe Flacco played for PITT before he defected to the FBS...but thanks :D

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 1m
So cap saving for Snyder this yr is 3 mil. Take a 3 mil hit in 14, however

They must be thinking of doing something with the money they saved this year but we'll see.

Somers must have his numbers wrong. Snyders dead money was only $4M, not $6M. I've been keeping that number in mind waiting on the moment he gets cut.