Somers Reports 49ers Appear To Be Serious About Kurt: Set Up Meeting

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fixed that for you.

Kurt Warner was the beneficiary of an aggressive post season defense, a sick Larry Fitzgerald and an oline that kept him upright and safe for the most part.

This team started improving the day Whis was hired...they are acting like the Steelers throughout, top to bottom. Notice the Steelers aren't overpaying old players, aren't jumping around in free agency, have lost players or are losing them, and are generally taking a slow but steady approach to the offseason.

Nop need to fix it for me. And please, in the future don't screw with what I write, okay Nidan?

Anyway, I know that's your view on the subject, you've written that before, and I do read you posts. And just like your thoughts on JJ, I disagree with your wisdom on that.

Last edited:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They got us into the SB. If we are going to pin all the bad stuff on them, then we also need to give them kudos for the good stuff.

Uhm, no I don't.

They didn't get us anywhere near the superbowl. Sorry.

It was a perfect storm. And we just happened to have the right qb to take advantage of that.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PLease please please sign with the 9ers Kurt!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Uhm, no I don't.

They didn't get us anywhere near the superbowl. Sorry.

It was a perfect storm. And we just happened to have the right qb to take advantage of that.

I do. The Cards were loaded with veteran players brought in and kept on the team by the front office. That is why they were able to create your so called perfect storm. Which if people had been paying attention to how the team played other than in the 3 bad losses after the Giants game wouldn't have come as such a surprise.

I've been highly critical of the Cards front office for years. But not now.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Dear Cards Front Office,

PLEASE call Kurt's bluff! Warner doesn't like playing in Glendale with the roof open. How's he gonna like Frisco?

Seriously, Warner is going to go to SF the year after they fire Martz and go to a run-oriented offense? This ploy by Kurt and his agent is so transparent it's laughable.

If he signs a two year deal with SF, guaranteed he doesn't see year two of it.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Cards Front Office,

PLEASE call Kurt's bluff! Warner doesn't like playing in Glendale with the roof open. How's he gonna like Frisco?

Seriously, Warner is going to go to SF the year after they fire Martz and go to a run-oriented offense? This ploy by Kurt and his agent is so transparent it's laughable.

I honestly think they shoudl put a deadline on him as well and start reducing the offer they have on the table. JMHO! Totally call his bluff.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
For now, just for the hell of it...lets look at Warner and his legacy. It might take Leinart a while but he is no bust from the limited action he has played and the Cardinals will still be a good team without him...maybe not the Superbowl but should make the playoffs in the West baring the Seahawks giving them a run. Kurt? If he goes to the Niners he will struggle, and struggle badly...bad enough that his legacy may suffer more than he suspects. He has the perfect team to succeed with in the Cardinals, maybe the only team in the league where he can go out on a high note...and he is thinking about the Niner's...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINING KURT?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The day Kurt signs elsewhere I will be thrilled. It is time for the Leinart era regardless of how it ends up.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
They should atleast say "Hey, this is as high as we are prepared to go" and then start focusing on other players. If he takes, he takes it. Otherwise Matt is the guy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Tell Kurt and his agent exactly what the max deal is that will ever be offered, and then don't say a damned thing until he either signs with us or signs elsewhere. I'm tired of it. Warner is losing his shine and, quite frankly, it may be time to see what we have in Leinart.

If the Whiners pay him 30 mill with high guaranteed money over two seasons, they just made it easier for us to beat the Whiners. Kurt will NEVER be a good QB with the team they'll have around him next season. NEVER. We'll eat him alive even with our silly hybrid defense. Plus, that'll kill the Whiner cap so they won't be able to bring in talent around him. Sweet.

Hey, I'd still like Warner back, but at a completely sane price.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Set the date for Sunday. 2 year $20M. Take it or leave it. if not, then we need to use that money for FAs. We can't be hostage by Kurt's outrageous demands and games. Let Leinart's era begin.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Warner leads the Cardinals to the Superbowl, has an MVP caliber season, and 75% of this forum want to ditch him for Matt Leinart? Are you kidding me? Pay the man like any other sane organization would. It's most likely only going to be for 2 years anyways. But this IS the Cardinals we're talking about. They'll find a way to turn this into a PR nightmare. Most fans would be pissed if they let him walk over a couple million. I don't understand most of the posters on here...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much have you guys offered? And how much is he looking for?

No one really knows, of course, but we've supposedly offered 10mil a year for two years and he supposedly wants in the 12-14 mil a year range.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Warner leads the Cardinals to the Superbowl, has an MVP caliber season, and 75% of this forum want to ditch him for Matt Leinart? Are you kidding me? Pay the man like any other sane organization would. It's most likely only going to be for 2 years anyways. But this IS the Cardinals we're talking about. They'll find a way to turn this into a PR nightmare. Most fans would be pissed if they let him walk over a couple million. I don't understand most of the posters on here...

GOD thank god...A HUMAN is aboard. Thank GOd I have found you. :) I agree. The Lienart ERA LOOOOLLLLL They act like Montana is waiting in the wings. All the dude has done is cry and whine and put up a 70 QB rating starting 18 games!!! The Patriots signed Cassell to 14.5 million so they wouldnt lose him.....and he is a back up...yea they ended up trading him but they had that luxury and they could have been stuck with him..which I think they didn't care. Warner brings our Franchise up from the ashes...and people throw rocks at them. Their are reasons the Cardinals are pitiful 99% of the time....Sad.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

10 mill a year is like any other sane organization would. 29 mill over 2 is what stupid hysterical fans would pay.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GOD thank god...A HUMAN is aboard. Thank GOd I have found you. :) I agree. The Lienart ERA LOOOOLLLLL They act like Montana is waiting in the wings. All the dude has done is cry and whine and put up a 70 QB rating starting 18 games!!! The Patriots signed Cassell to 14.5 million so they wouldnt lose him.....and he is a back up...yea they ended up trading him but they had that luxury and they could have been stuck with him..which I think they didn't care. Warner brings our Franchise up from the ashes...and people throw rocks at them. Their are reasons the Cardinals are pitiful 99% of the time....Sad.

When did this happen? Maybe I missed it, but all Ive heard is Matt is taking it like the ultimate pro.. Or are you too consumed with your Warner fansination you hullucinating things now?

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ploy to float the niners as a legitimate contender for Warner's services is borderline pathetic. TG that Warner doesn't have Rosenhaus as his agent, because the one he has is very weak.

The niners are going to invest a couple of first-class airline tickets and really great meal on Warner in the hopes of getting a division rival to spend a couple million dollars more on a FA that no one else even wants to talk to.

Brilliant!

If it wasn't so blatantly transparent, it might be funny to think that Warner was throwing the fear of God into the Cardinals, but in reality it's really just sad. The Cards should lower their offer back to $8 Million, if for no other reason than having to put up with this charade.

JTS