Sorry People!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCown is so far showing enough that we will likely not draft a QB next year!

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Geez Shane H are you going to say anything that makes sense today? McCown isn't Rod Graves boy. Management will not go into next season with McCown. They will draft a young guy if they are smart.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I dont think so they have to fill seats and whatever he shows isn't more than showing if he is worth a roster spot as a backup.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yur nutz

NOT EVEN THE CARDINALS!

Would pass up Eli or some great young QB.

No McNown is not the answer.

:wave:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHX Phan
Geez Shane H are you going to say anything that makes sense today? McCown isn't Rod Graves boy. Management will not go into next season with McCown. They will draft a young guy if they are smart.

Doesnt matter if he is "Rod Graves boy". Can you honestly watch this game today and tell me that McCown is playing badly?

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Not playing that great either. yeah he has zero turnovers which is a positive, but the D has given us 4 turnover and we only have 10 points. I just don't see McCown as the future here

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
McCown isnt the answer and it does matter if he is Rod Graves boy because last time i checked he is the one who has final say on who is drafted. If this organization is as stupid as your being Shane H we are all in a world of hurt and we never will have another winning season.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Doesnt matter if he is "Rod Graves boy". Can you honestly watch this game today and tell me that McCown is playing badly?

I like some of his play and it really isn't bad at all when you factor in how little game experience he has he is doing a good job.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCown isnt the answer and it does matter if he is Rod Graves boy because last time i checked he is the one who has final say on who is drafted. If this organization is as stupid as your being Shane H we are all in a world of hurt and we never will have another winning season.

Bro you might want to watch how you talk to people on this board or trust me knowing Skkorp you wont be around very long!

Thats three insults in about ten minutes when none were thrown your way!

But hey if your ever in Vegas let me know k??

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
hey no hard feelings man. I just get so fired up when watchin my cardinals. I am a passionate person and i crossed the line on that last one. Sorry about that man.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey no hard feelings man. I just get so fired up when watchin my cardinals. I am a passionate person and i crossed the line on that last one. Sorry about that man.

Apology Accepted!

We all get fired up!

On that note remember today come draft day. We wont draft a QB!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
McCown has not played bad in this game....he hasn't played good either. The playcalling is weak and way too cautious. I don't believe we have seen anything from McCown until the coaches open up the playbook

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score

He's playing like a solid backup QB Shane. I know we are all shellshocked into thinking the Cardinals will botch any given decision they make, but I think you are misguided here. One more game and we'll have the #2 pick all sown up. That is the story behind this team right now.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
I say we HAVE TO go for a QB. keep Josh and let them compete!! He has potential. But Big Ben or Eli could be a lot better.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

You must be watching a different game than me. If we go into next year with McCown as our starting QB we will finish dead last again.

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Re: Re: Sorry People!

Originally posted by john h
You must be watching a different game than me. If we go into next year with McCown as our starting QB we will finish dead last again.

... and if we start some kid fresh out of College we probably finish last too...

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score

Sorry Shane, but after what I have seen today, there is not a doubt in my mind that we won't draft either Manning or Roethlisberger. Also we will have the #1 pick in the draft to get either one.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Sorry People!

Originally posted by Northern Card
... and if we start some kid fresh out of College we probably finish last too...

Anyone who says Eli would have fared better in that same game than McCown is a lot more confident in his abilities than I am.

That rush was full on eat the new guy alive caliber and he did well to live through it. He has no quit and played a good game.

I am still going with a QB rating of about 90.9 in his second start on the road. People say the website calculators I used have a flaw in them but I used two different ones so I guess someone is going to have to show me where I am wrong and I am sure they will.

I just don't know what else people want. The rest of the team sucks so bad along with the play calling you would have to be Superman to do much better.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
dobbler i agree with you on the play calling. the cards got aggressive their for a 3 possesion and had success. then they got conservetive again at the end of the game. didn't understand that. McCown needs to work on his accuracy this off season. he missed a few wide open people that could have change the game. he missed freddie jones wide open in the middle. look like jones could have scored from their.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your insane Mcnown stunk up the joint like the rest of the team and especially that worthless, a never has been coach.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
It's funny when Jake was here it was his fault and now it's all Josh's fault .I don't get to see the games unless there nationally televised so I'm going by stats and opinions of you guys.I definately thought Jake had to go but now see what a good supporting cast,good coaching and good play calling can do for a team.If josh shows more improvement next week I could handle him as our qb.We need at least 2 difference makers [db,dl],upgrade of ol,another good wr and better depth overall.If someone overwhelmed us and we could stay in top 10 I would make the trade.I would look at taking a guy like Rivers or Losman in 2nd round.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane,

I agree. Especially if Josh has this good of a game next week.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
Josh has earned the starting job in 2004. We don't need to sign another FA QB. But, we have to draft a franchise QB. We will have competition in camp with a new HC. Lets go from there.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by artp
Josh has earned the starting job in 2004. We don't need to sign another FA QB. But, we have to draft a franchise QB. We will have competition in camp with a new HC. Lets go from there.

Josh and Preston are both only in their 2nd year. Josh played 2 good games and there is some speculation than Parsons is better than him. If we take a QB in the draft we should only take a stud QB in the 1st round or not at all. With all the holes in the defense we can't waste a pick on a QB that will be a backup. Rivers can be a good QB but he will be gone at least by the early 2nd round, where we will probably be taking a CB.