Spurs-Heat Finals

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
It could be a competitive series or it could be a sweep for either team. I have no idea what will happen. What I do know is that the Spurs are in the finals, that many "experts" have been proven wrong already, and that Tiago Splitter plays in the nba.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Agreed, Indiana is a way tougher matchup for Miami than San Antonio.

Paul George + Roy Hibbert is much harder for Lebron and Bosh than Leonard and Splitter or even Duncan.

PS: Wade and Bosh suck, they are not really helping Lebron more than Birdman or Haslem.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw the clip of the exchange between Anderson and Hansbrough. Was there more to this beforehand? Espn just showed Hansbrough standing there and Anderson went at him with his shoulder and knocked him down. Then Anderson walks over and shoves him in the chest.

If it was part of a basketball play, that's one thing. But for Anderson to go at him like this for seemingly nothing is a bit much, hopefully there will be some more consequences for Anderson, but I doubt it.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be a competitive series or it could be a sweep for either team. I have no idea what will happen. What I do know is that the Spurs are in the finals, that many "experts" have been proven wrong already, and that Tiago Splitter plays in the nba.

Lets get real.. If there weren't all the injuries to West teams, Spurs wouldn't be in the Finals..

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets get real.. If there weren't all the injuries to West teams, Spurs wouldn't be in the Finals..

Westbrook could well have changed the West playoff picture but that's probably it. But, let's really get real. If there weren't all those injuries to the Bulls, Miami wouldn't even be playing for a chance to be in the finals.

Steve

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westbrook could well have changed the West playoff picture but that's probably it. But, let's really get real. If there weren't all those injuries to the Bulls, Miami wouldn't even be playing for a chance to be in the finals.

Steve

+1,000,000

The Bulls were without Dend and Rose, their two best players. They were also without Hinrich, so Nate was their only decent PG. And don't forget that Noah was playing is a torn plantar fasciitis. For a big, that is a really big deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1,000,000

The Bulls were without Dend and Rose, their two best players. They were also without Hinrich, so Nate was their only decent PG. And don't forget that Noah was playing is a torn plantar fasciitis. For a big, that is a really big deal.

and Wade is basically playing on one leg.

as to the entire idea that the Bulls, if healthy would have beaten the Heat, is everyone forgetting that the Heat kicked the Bulls out of the ECF in five games...DESPITE the Bulls having HCA in that series and being totally healthy?

The Bulls with their injuries won ONE game and then lost four in a row to a Heat team who's 2nd best player is also injured. The idea that the Bulls would have precluded Miami from anything seems like quite a stretch to me.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

as to the entire idea that the Bulls, if healthy would have beaten the Heat, is everyone forgetting that the Heat kicked the Bulls out of the ECF in five games...DESPITE the Bulls having HCA in that series and being totally healthy?

The Bulls with their injuries won ONE game and then lost four in a row to a Heat team who's 2nd best player is also injured. The idea that the Bulls would have precluded Miami from anything seems like quite a stretch to me.

I think the Bulls (assuming full health of course) would have worn down Miami more for this Indy series. They did a number on them as it was with a skeleton squad. Miami is likely going to beat SA in my opinion, best player in the series usually wins unless there's a massive discrepancy in talent after him. LeBron is just on a whole other level than anyone else playing the game of basketball at the moment.

SA is in the Finals regardless of Westbrook injury in my opinion out West. OKC worries me, I'm still not sure if Durant can be the best player on a championship team.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was offered as a counter-point to the Heat fan that stated the Spurs were there only because of injury. You (the generic you) can play all the "what if" games you want but that's all they are - games. The truth is, the Spurs are in the finals and the Heat will likely join them. Everything else is window dressing.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was offered as a counter-point to the Heat fan that stated the Spurs were there only because of injury. You (the generic you) can play all the "what if" games you want but that's all they are - games. The truth is, the Spurs are in the finals and the Heat will likely join them. Everything else is window dressing.

Steve

I get that...but Banky's a Bull's fan and I think he BELIEVES what you wrote...which seems ridiculous to me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that...but Banky's a Bull's fan and I think he BELIEVES what you wrote...which seems ridiculous to me.

Well, here's my stand on this issue. I think it's reasonable for a fan to say "if we were healthy, I think we would have won it all". That's part of being a fan. But, saying the Spurs are only there because of all those injuries is on a different level, IMO. And if you play that game with the Spurs, it's just as fair to play that with every team (and pretty much every champion) because there is luck in every championship. Sometimes that luck has to do with the referees you draw, sometimes it's an injury that occurred back in October but luck is always involved. It's an absurd exercise to start denigrating someone else's success because they benefitted from luck.

Steve

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And that was two years ago with a completely different Heat team and a still very young Bulls team. Wade is aging before our eyes, Bosh is soft and Anderson/Battier are nothing more than big bodies. As for the Bulls, Bulter and Nate Robinson were not on the team and Noah is a much better player now. And losing Rose, a former MVP and Deng, an All Star is a big deal. A depleated Bulls teams pushed Miami hard and failed to close out two of the games they had leads in. Deng alont could have made the difference, let alone a 22 PPG 8 APG former MVP who can generate offense on this own.

You can say what you want and try to insult me, but it is my opinion. And BTW, Wade has been injured his entire career, the only difference now is that he is on the wrong side of 30.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, here's my stand on this issue. I think it's reasonable for a fan to say "if we were healthy, I think we would have won it all". That's part of being a fan. But, saying the Spurs are only there because of all those injuries is on a different level, IMO. And if you play that game with the Spurs, it's just as fair to play that with every team (and pretty much every champion) because there is luck in every championship. Sometimes that luck has to do with the referees you draw, sometimes it's an injury that occurred back in October but luck is always involved. It's an absurd exercise to start denigrating someone else's success because they benefitted from luck.

Steve

SHHH, I am just a dilusional Bulls fan. ;)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Bulls (assuming full health of course) would have worn down Miami more for this Indy series. They did a number on them as it was with a skeleton squad. Miami is likely going to beat SA in my opinion, best player in the series usually wins unless there's a massive discrepancy in talent after him. LeBron is just on a whole other level than anyone else playing the game of basketball at the moment.

SA is in the Finals regardless of Westbrook injury in my opinion out West. OKC worries me, I'm still not sure if Durant can be the best player on a championship team.

All great points.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that was two years ago with a completely different Heat team and a still very young Bulls team. Wade is aging before our eyes, Bosh is soft and Anderson/Battier are nothing more than big bodies. As for the Bulls, Bulter and Nate Robinson were not on the team and Noah is a much better player now. And losing Rose, a former MVP and Deng, an All Star is a big deal. A depleated Bulls teams pushed Miami hard and failed to close out two of the games they had leads in. Deng alont could have made the difference, let alone a 22 PPG 8 APG former MVP who can generate offense on this own.

You can say what you want and try to insult me, but it is my opinion. And BTW, Wade has been injured his entire career, the only difference now is that he is on the wrong side of 30.

Wait a second...so, Wade, who has been very good most of the season can't be played as the injury card, but you can play the injury card? Yeah...that makes no sense.

As to the Bulls, if Deng and Rose were healthy, Butler and Robinson wouldn't be seeing much action...ESPECIALLY Robinson. thye would help depth wise, but it still doesn't change the fact that RIGHT NOW, if both were healthy, the Heat would probably still burn the Bulls' asses just like they did two years ago because the team aren't all that dissimilar.

and you say that was two years ago with a completely different Heat team...and you're right. it was a team that only won 58 games and had ZERO depth, as opposed to this team, which reeled off the 2nd greatest winning streak in NBA History and actually has role players, now. You're making it seem like the Heat are WORSE now then they were then...which is really weird. And you can say "Dwyane Wade is always hurt!" But again, if you're gonna play injury card, the same can be said of Miami.

Bottom line...both teams at full strength isn't much of a contest, IMO.

and where did I insult you? or call you delusional? i said i thought you're stance was ridiculous and out there, but since when is that an insult?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
There is a big difference between what Wade bring to the table for the Heat and what Rose brings to the table for the Bulls. No doubt in my mind that Chicago would have beaten Miami had it not been for the injuries. Two best players and the 2nd PG were out, and the third best player was playing hurt. Wade's injury is nowhere near as significant.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a second...so, Wade, who has been very good most of the season can't be played as the injury card, but you can play the injury card? Yeah...that makes no sense.

As to the Bulls, if Deng and Rose were healthy, Butler and Robinson wouldn't be seeing much action...ESPECIALLY Robinson. thye would help depth wise, but it still doesn't change the fact that RIGHT NOW, if both were healthy, the Heat would probably still burn the Bulls' asses just like they did two years ago because the team aren't all that dissimilar.

and you say that was two years ago with a completely different Heat team...and you're right. it was a team that only won 58 games and had ZERO depth, as opposed to this team, which reeled off the 2nd greatest winning streak in NBA History and actually has role players, now. You're making it seem like the Heat are WORSE now then they were then...which is really weird. And you can say "Dwyane Wade is always hurt!" But again, if you're gonna play injury card, the same can be said of Miami.

Bottom line...both teams at full strength isn't much of a contest, IMO.

and where did I insult you? or call you delusional? i said i thought you're stance was ridiculous and out there, but since when is that an insult?

You are right, you did not insult me, you called my hypothetical ridiculous. A hypothetical that others appear to agree with.

When all I said was

+1,000,000

and you do realize I have never once said they would win, I agreed with someone who said it.

If Rose was there, Robinson would still be his backup and could play along side him and Butler played plenty at the 2. To not have Deng and Butler out there on James and Wade at the same time would have been stupid if it had been possible. And yes, Wade is regressing before our eyes so much that even Chris (I want to have LeBron's babies) Broussard is calling him out. Wade always plays hurt so this is not a what if. If he were playing healthy, that what if would be if he were hurt.

What ever, I am over this hypothetical. You do seem to enjoy trying to prove me wrong, so maybe you just hate the Bulls.

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw the clip of the exchange between Anderson and Hansbrough. Was there more to this beforehand? Espn just showed Hansbrough standing there and Anderson went at him with his shoulder and knocked him down. Then Anderson walks over and shoves him in the chest.

If it was part of a basketball play, that's one thing. But for Anderson to go at him like this for seemingly nothing is a bit much, hopefully there will be some more consequences for Anderson, but I doubt it.

Birdman (Birdman) targeted the wrong guy. I think it was actually George that pushed him. Anderson has been suspended for game 6.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are right, you did not insult me, you called my hypothetical ridiculous. A hypothetical that others appear to agree with.

When all I said was

and you do realize I have never once said they would win, I agreed with someone who said it.

If Rose was there, Robinson would still be his backup and could play along side him and Butler played plenty at the 2. To not have Deng and Butler out there on James and Wade at the same time would have been stupid if it had been possible. And yes, Wade is regressing before our eyes so much that even Chris (I want to have LeBron's babies) Broussard is calling him out. Wade always plays hurt so this is not a what if. If he were playing healthy, that what if would be if he were hurt.

What ever, I am over this hypothetical. You do seem to enjoy trying to prove me wrong, so maybe you just hate the Bulls.

Or maybe I just think you're wrong. No need to be insulted,

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When do the playoffs start?

Steve

Tony Parker is my favorite player on either of those two teams, so I guess that means I'm rooting for the Spurs. But I've watched almost none of the playoffs as it is.
You guys are both missing out. I have watched a lot of the playoffs this year and there's been a lot of exciting games. A lot less blow out games than past few years playoffs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chicago, if healthy, could have absolutely beaten Chicago. I am not saying they WOULD have but that is the kind of team that gives Miami hell. Physical, good on the glass, they dont overrate on D, multiple wing guys to throw at LeBron and Miami really struggles to cover point guards. The idea that it would potentially by a wash to have Robinson play less minutes because Rose is healthy is crazy. Robinson is a chucker who is more likely to brick his team out of a game than to win one, Rose is an MVP.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Birdman (Birdman) targeted the wrong guy. I think it was actually George that pushed him. Anderson has been suspended for game 6.

I saw that, excellent! Hopefully this will help the Pacers push this to a game 7. Anderson has been like 15 of 15 in this series and has been big in key runs. It will be interesting to see how they adjust

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chicago, if healthy, could have absolutely beaten Chicago. I am not saying they WOULD have but that is the kind of team that gives Miami hell. Physical, good on the glass, they dont overrate on D, multiple wing guys to throw at LeBron and Miami really struggles to cover point guards. The idea that it would potentially by a wash to have Robinson play less minutes because Rose is healthy is crazy. Robinson is a chucker who is more likely to brick his team out of a game than to win one, Rose is an MVP.

there's a big difference between saying Chicago, if healthy COULD have beat Miami v. Chicago WOULD have beat Miami.

and who's saying it's a wash between Robinson playing less minutes and having Rose healthy? Banky listed Robinson as another weapon if Rose was healthy, but I found fault with that reasoning because a healthy Rose would mean limited minutes for Robinson, who needs big minutes to produce...and truth is, he probably wouldn't have even been signed in the first place if Rose was healthy, thus the reason hypothetical WOULD statements are ridiculous to me in the first place.

don't get me wrong, I think a fully healthy Chicago team would definitely be Miami's biggest hurdle, but can anyone say we'll ever really see a "fully healthy" Chicago team...or even what that looks like considering Rose hasn't been healthy in TWO years and Joakim Noah has consistently missed major time with injuries over the past four seasons missing 70 games the last four seasons...hell, Deng has even missed considerable amount of time throughout his entire career, having only really being the picture of health for 4 out of 9 seasons in the league.