Spurs vs Hornets Series

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice....Cheap Shot Bob does it again. Nice shot to West's injured back Mr. Horry.

Oh yeah....no foul call either.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They will, they will.

The Home team has won in a blow out in every game so far, game 7 will be more of the same. I never expected the Hornets to win this game, but I know they'll win the series.

EDIT:Umm.. West is down, that might change things. :(
I dunno...I have the ugly feeling that yet another team is gonna let the Spurs off the hook.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mark Jackson defending Horry's play. Maybe he SHOULD be named Suns head coach...if you can't beat 'em, play dirty like 'em...

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Nice....Cheap Shot Bob does it again. Nice shot to West's injured back Mr. Horry.

Oh yeah....no foul call either.

watched again,that is absolutely a cheap shot

the guy is injuring west,cant believe espn guys are calling it winner menthality

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
man i hope new orleans will show some real hostility to spurs in game 7.
popovich's tactics and dirty menthality is making me sick

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd take Paul out before Bowen, Horry or one of the other Spurs thugs hurt him too

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I just saw Horry explaining the cheap shot to Duncan on the bench. I wonder what Duncan thinks...Hmmmm?

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Here come the haters again. :rolleyes:

I am sick of the Spurs too, but come on. You can't be serious about saying that was a cheap shot by Horry?! All he did is lean into him! Like your possible head coach candidate said, "this is playoff basketball." In other words, nut up. Nothings gonna come easy.

Get over it.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I used to like Horry, but sadly his game is gone and he has become a dirty player.

The guy needs to be hit HARD.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was such a cheap shot. In fact, I was surprised West crumbled like that until I realized he reaggravated a pinched nerve...Horry's lean and bump on him wouldn't have batted an eye if his back hadn't gotten hurt, and I seriously doubt it would have gotten hurt if it hadn't already been tweaked.

He was leaning in for him before he jumped...

It isn't even close to "The Hip Check" which was a cheap shot dirty play.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was such a cheap shot. In fact, I was surprised West crumbled like that until I realized he reaggravated a pinched nerve...Horry's lean and bump on him wouldn't have batted an eye if his back hadn't gotten hurt, and I seriously doubt it would have gotten hurt if it hadn't already been tweaked.

Maybe not but not all cheap shot has to be glaringly obvious, but this is definetly the worst kind, Horry leaned on him DELIBERATELY knowing he has a bad back, West havent even begun to post him up yet and everyone was well aware of his back issues. I hope west comes back healthy for game 7 and send this bunch of thugs home.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score

C'mon, now you want to use that logic? They have scouting reports for one thing and they knew he had a back problem. West was also tipping a ball and up in the air at the time of the hit and Horry knew this. He used both forearms and then pushed on his back while falling backwards after tipping the ball. There was no need to do that...the ball was tipped and it wasn't a screen.
Now how can I understand you when you use logic like that. :bang:

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
C'mon, now you want to use that logic? They have scouting reports for one thing and they knew he had a back problem. West was also tipping a ball and up in the air at the time of the hit and Horry knew this. He used both forearms and then pushed on his back while falling backwards after tipping the ball. There was no need to do that...the ball was tipped and it wasn't a screen.

Yeah, your right, Horry should have just stood still and let West do whatever he wants.

cly2tw

Reaction score

I don't think Malone's elbow was a cheap shot. He was only waiting for your your head to hit his elbow, knowing well it will hurt you and make you think thrice to dare to come close to him.

Big Shot Bob knew how to make it hurt most while making it look like a normal 'incidental' foul, just like the savvy Bowen's undercutting the shooters incidentally. Wait til Bob does the same to Kobe and Gasol, incidentally. Oh yes, he will pick the most important players on the other team, like Nash and West for his "intimidation act", and be rewarded.:mad:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He didn't push, and he leaned in BEFORE West jumped. It was freaky, but I'm not giving Horry the benefit of the doubt that he could have planned that out in the second it took to lean on him. West was coming down to post up, and Horry leaned on him...that happens several times a game..especially when the defender is totally outmatched. Hell, it is the customary defensive position on Shaq, especially for skinny guys like Pau.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think Malone's elbow was a cheap shot. He was only waiting for your your head to hit his elbow, knowing well it will hurt you and make you think thrice to dare to come close to him.

Big Shot Bob knew how to make it hurt most while making it look like a normal 'incidental' foul, just like the savvy Bowen's undercutting the shooters incidentally. Wait til Bob does the same to Kobe and Gasol, incidentally. Oh yes, he will pick the most important players on the other team, like Nash and West for his "intimidation act", and be rewarded.:mad:

WOW! You mean Horry was able to make it look like he just simply leaned into West while keeping his own feet to the ground and barely looking like he had made a little more contact but not that much more to look obvious when in all actuality, he had scouted West's injury and in earlier discussions with his mastermind of an evil coach had a dubious plan to permanently injure him all while fooling everyone who actually know something about the game (Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy) into believing that it wasnt that bad????

WOW! Horry is the man! Not to mention, he did all of that in a span of a few seconds! :rolleyes::lame:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05