Spurs vs Hornets Series

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Players "lean" and "step" into their offensive picks all the time.....which often times results in an offensive foul. Rob was tagged with an offensive foul.

Kobe has a torn tendon in his finger.........we all know this. Its not out of the realm of possibility that an opposing player, in an attempt to defend a Kobe jumpshot might, say, put a lil mustard on that next block attempt to inflict pain on that finger. Kobe chose to play with the injury with lil protection so if he does sustain more damage as a result of another player "coming at" the spotlighted injury, im sure he understands the ramifications of what could happen.

Game 7 in NO, if Parker has full run to the paint and rains teardrops at a regular pace, I EXPECT a Hornet to introduce his @$$ to some hardwood seating. Its the playoffs and if youre not ready for this, take a seat on the sidelines cuz its gonna get physical. Only the strong will survive.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess most fans want to see the best teams win, not the dirtiest do what ever it takes to steal wins from better teams. Sure lakers fans would have no problem with someone cheap shotting Gasol or Kobe, right? Please NO fans have a right to be upset and they will make noise about it and it will probally end up getting reviewed if it hasn't already. Horry is a piece of crap and it seems players turn to that when they go to SA, shoot even KT looks like a little whiny crybaby bitch now when he commits a foul, must have Duncan teaching them all how to complain and whine without EVER picking up a Tech!

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I guess no fines or suspensions coming down. That's a shock. :rolleyes:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well duh, we know that Spurfans can be quite *******. Hell, they chanted for Horry when West was down. Idiots.

I still think it was a legal, if borderline, play and that people are overreacting to it...but the fans (edit..Spurs fans) reaction pretty much shows their ass.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
You don't have your hands up on your chest and push off on a screen...

dirty in every sense of the word.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have your hands up on your chest and push off on a screen...

dirty in every sense of the word.

He didn't push off, Andrew. Not in any sense of the word.

You should be used to that position...it's the only way guys can even guard Shaq...even now he gets arms in his back all the time.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Ok, so pushed off was the wrong word to use lol. That didn't look clean to me and it never does when its done to Shaq either. No one understands Shaq is fouled almost everytime he is guarded, but its let go because of his size.

All I know is it isn't right when its done to Shaq and it wasn't right to do that to West, especially when you know he has a bad back....it looked intentional.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so pushed off was the wrong word to use lol. That didn't look clean to me and it never does when its done to Shaq either. No one understands Shaq is fouled almost everytime he is guarded, but its let go because of his size.

All I know is it isn't right when its done to Shaq and it wasn't right to do that to West, especially when you know he has a bad back....it looked intentional.

Shaq is fouled more than anyone ever. If they didn't let contact fly, he'd kill teams. They used to let him get his on offense though, but as he's aged that doesn't come. He's also lost the burst in the post, so the harder stuff on offense I guess it is ok, but he should be given more calls on defense to balance out the career.

It *could* look intentional, but basketball is so damn fast that I don't think Horry could come close to processing what could happen on that back pick...sure, maybe he thought he'd throw in a hard foul there, but I seriously doubt he thought that he'd put West down because of his back. When he set, West hadn't even jumped up. It was a fluke. Unlike his check on Nash where he clearly was looking to pop him.

I don't take issue with the claim it was a hard foul...it was, and Horry knew he had him blindsided and was going to give a monster pick...I just don't buy that Horry thought...ooh, West has a bad back so this pick is going to end up with him jumping up and down into me, and I'm going to injure him.

Hell, if Manu hadn't thrown the pass and instead he had driven the baseline, West never would have jumped and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Basketball just happens too fast for that to have been an intentionally "hurt his back" kind of play as some claim. It looks worse in the slow motion, but that is what slo mo does. The game, however, isn't played in slow motion. It is played INCREDIBLY fast. And it is the most contact sport there is...with no pads.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq is fouled more than anyone ever. If they didn't let contact fly, he'd kill teams. They used to let him get his on offense though, but as he's aged that doesn't come. He's also lost the burst in the post, so the harder stuff on offense I guess it is ok, but he should be given more calls on defense to balance out the career.

It *could* look intentional, but basketball is so damn fast that I don't think Horry could come close to processing what could happen on that back pick...sure, maybe he thought he'd throw in a hard foul there, but I seriously doubt he thought that he'd put West down because of his back. When he set, West hadn't even jumped up. It was a fluke. Unlike his check on Nash where he clearly was looking to pop him.

I don't take issue with the claim it was a hard foul...it was, and Horry knew he had him blindsided and was going to give a monster pick...I just don't buy that Horry thought...ooh, West has a bad back so this pick is going to end up with him jumping up and down into me, and I'm going to injure him.

Hell, if Manu hadn't thrown the pass and instead he had driven the baseline, West never would have jumped and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Basketball just happens too fast for that to have been an intentionally "hurt his back" kind of play as some claim. It looks worse in the slow motion, but that is what slo mo does. The game, however, isn't played in slow motion. It is played INCREDIBLY fast. And it is the most contact sport there is...with no pads.

It isn't?

/Peja

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score

That's the reality people. Well said Donald.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Of course West is gonna play. He already stated that he didn't get hit that hard to keep him out. The question is, will he be 100%

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
David West practiced today without pain or limitation.

In interview played during half time of the Cavs. Vs. Celtics Game, West said he was close to 100% and will without a doubt start vs. the Spurs on Monday.

He was looking pretty good. :thumbup:

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Whoever wins this game, would definitely be abused by the well rested Lakers. I want a Hornets-Lakers WCF though.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
Hornet got this one for sure. Wasn't Horry also responsible for Andrew Bynum's injury? If the Spurs + refs get away with another theft, the Lakers are going to make sure that Horry is paid back for his dirty play. Lakers 4 - 0.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Hornet got this one for sure. Wasn't Horry also responsible for Andrew Bynum's injury? If the Spurs + refs get away with another theft, the Lakers are going to make sure that Horry is paid back for his dirty play. Lakers 4 - 0.

yeah, he dressed up as a knicks player and then make bynum land wrong by not touching him at all.

grow up, moron.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
On to the actual thread topic.

Whats the final score gonna be tomorrow? Another typical home blowout? Or will this game FINALLY live up to the billing?

I say....

Hornets 92
Spurs 99

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05