Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Refs got the call that gave the Lakers the ball wrong, and the one that gave the Spurs the ball wrong.

Guess it evens out.

Exactly. Pau knocked the ball out first, that was a horrid call. Gino dribbled it out of bounds, that was a horrid call.

Net result...even.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, Bruce Bowen is NEVER going to shoot like that again...I mean, he hit in spots on the court NOT called the corner threes. Unreal.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most definately.

I was so pissed off that the few shots he was taking were terrible jumpers. Even when he started hitting them.

I simply think he is at his MOST dangerous when he is driving to the hole...mix in some jumpers, but the guy can fall in love with the outside shot. But once he hit a few, he started attacking. And I got happy.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats not hard to do. :)

I get a bit of the red-ass watching close games. I get angry. Not as angry as abomb...he's incorrigable...but I get hyper-nervous and angry. I didn't when I play/played, but in spectator sports where I can't make an impact watching on TV...i can get downright unbearable.

My wife can get worse...she's the ultimate pessimist. She was lucky she was only watching late in the third, when we were down just 14..I told her we were just down twenty and she said she didn't effing care, down 14 was embarrasing. Love her.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get a bit of the red-ass watching close games. I get angry. Not as angry as abomb...he's incorrigable...but I get hyper-nervous and angry. I didn't when I play/played, but in spectator sports where I can't make an impact watching on TV...i can get downright unbearable.

My wife can get worse...she's the ultimate pessimist. She was lucky she was only watching late in the third, when we were down just 14..I told her we were just down twenty and she said she didn't effing care, down 14 was embarrasing. Love her.

I'm the same way sir. I Know where your coming from!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's like you were watching the game with me. I was dying, sitting in my darkened home, all alone, screaming at the top of my lungs. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like you were watching the game with me. I was dying, sitting in my darkened home, all alone, screaming at the top of my lungs. :)
Hey, abomb, they can't hear you.

So on that last play, how lame is it for Bowen to fall back off of Kobe to try to get an offensive foul? I know that is what the Spurs' do, but come on now, how can you do that at THAT point in the game?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually they just brushed the back of his neck. Why he's grabbing his face, I wouldn't know :ginobili: :)

Thank you. That is what I thought. I only rewatched the play once, so I wanted to be sure I was thinking of the correct one.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was pitiful.
Someone asked Jamal Mashburn if that was an offensive foul in San Antonio. Mash said nah, he is the MVP. He was just clearing space, all scorers do it.

How that was an offensive foul anywhere is beyond me.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That shot of Parker looks all too familiar on all of the faces of the Spurs. Whenever they get touched, they fall down to the floor and grab any part of their body and look like they are dying.

I swear, Popabitch is going to give his players fizzies so when they fall down, they can look like they are having a seizure on the floor!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually they just brushed the back of his neck. Why he's grabbing his face, I wouldn't know :ginobili: :)

"Sometimes he acts to get the flagrant foul or, to sell the foul more, he'll throw himself on the floor and really play it up more than what it is. "I really don't know what the difference is so I'm like, 'Stop laying on the ground if you're not hurt. Just get up!' He's like, 'Honey, I have to stay on the ground sometimes.'

-Eva

here you go.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/01/28/eva-longoria-admits-tony-parker-flops/

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone asked Jamal Mashburn if that was an offensive foul in San Antonio. Mash said nah, he is the MVP. He was just clearing space, all scorers do it.

How that was an offensive foul anywhere is beyond me.

Yeah, being a straight up bitch is never going to draw a charge. That was the worst flop I've ever seen. He didn't even try to sell it. How in the hell do you half ass a flop??

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, being a straight up bitch is never going to draw a charge. That was the worst flop I've ever seen. He didn't even try to sell it. How in the hell do you half ass a flop??
You start running backwards, throw your arms out, look at the ref, and make duncanface. Then you make sadduncanface, when Kobe scores on you.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe the Lakers came back to beat the sterns in the 4th qtr, I thought for sure the game was over when the sterns took a 20 pt lead in the 3rd amazing job by Kobe and Gasol to bring the lakers back to take the win in the 4th. If the Lakers win in game 2 I really think this series is basically over because Kobe won't let the lakers a 2-0 lead in a series

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Lakers escaped with a game that you can bet SA won't let happen again. They went on a ridiculous scoring drout thats not likely to be repeated. The Lakers still have some issues like stopping Duncan, Parker they went off and will continue to do so, if Manu plays half way decent this game is a blowout on YOUR homecourt. As bad as the Spurs played the second half the Lakers still had to make a furious comeback and the Spurs still had a Manu 3 for the win, man that would have been great to see the Lakers reaction had he made that dagger after the great comeback. I don't think the Spurs are that worried as the matchups favor them and it pretty much showed last night.