Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see either team win tonight, think this one will be close the whole game. Lakers will step up and be ready tonight unlike the other night, but don't be surprised to see SA raise up their game as well after a bad loss. Should be a good game tonight, hope to see SA win just to keep this anyones series and add some pressure.

KCi

Reaction score
That was pathetic. Phil Jackson straight owns Popovich.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I want to see this series end before the Floppers come back. Take em out Kobe!!! Go Lakers.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like i said in the Spurs/Nooch thread. Don't get too excited unless we can win a game in SA. Now, i think we can do it, but we really need the split.

KCi

Reaction score
Agreed, but Kobe's a different beast than Paul. Paul starting second guessing himself by game 7, I don't see Kobe doing that this years. He's too focused and too close to the finish line.

KCi

Reaction score
Yes we know.. A Shaq lover's nightmare would be Kobe winning a title without the "Big Cactus". lol Wouldn't have it any other way.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had to work tonight. Watching game 3 on TNT replay. I know the outcome so there are no spoilers.
Midway thru the 2nd qtr and i can't explain why the SPURS are making themselves a jump shooting team with Duncan on the floor.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pops:"Can anybody score on this team?!....You!....how 'bout you?...you were our leading scorer this year!....Manu?.....is that you?....Where've you been?"
You must be registered for see images

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Yes we know.. A Shaq lover's nightmare would be Kobe winning a title without the "Big Cactus". lol Wouldn't have it any other way.
No I just mean the Pistons would man handle the Lakers if need be.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why do you say that?

I might remind you, after Bynum's injury, before Pau arrived, the Lakers faced the Pistons in Detroit. The game was won by the Pistons after a fall-away three hit, and then Lamar missed on a good look.

By one. And they split the regular season 1-1.

Lakers/Pistons isn't in any way a cakewalk for either team. In fact, I'd give the matchups to the Lakers, and certainly the coaching to the Lakers with Phil vs. Flip the Clown Saunders.

I'd be interested in why you'd think Detroit would have the upper hand, other than home court. Boston, we have more matchup problems against. But lakerfans should want Detroit...there's also payback there from Fish and Kobe.

Last edited:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Why do you say that?

I might remind you, after Bynum's injury, before Pau arrived, the Lakers faced the Pistons in Detroit. The game was won by the Pistons after a fall-away three hit, and then Lamar missed on a good look.

By one. And they split the regular season 1-1.

Lakers/Pistons isn't in any way a cakewalk for either team. In fact, I'd give the matchups to the Lakers, and certainly the coaching to the Lakers with Phil vs. Flip the Clown Saunders.

I'd be interested in why you'd think Detroit would have the upper hand, other than home court. Boston, we have more matchup problems against. But lakerfans should want Detroit...there's also payback there from Fish and Kobe.

Donald Donald Donald! Isn't it obvious? Detroit is the last team to beat Shaq in the finals. If they can beat the Great Shaqtus...then certainly this scrub Laker team has no chance. :D

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has any team come from 0-2 behind in 2 playoff series in the same season and won both?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Has any team come from 0-2 behind in 2 playoff series in the same season and won both?

I was wondering the same thing. I don't think so, but I'm not entirely sure.

None the less, being that they did come back from 0-2 against the Hornets, I'm just going to be happy for the 2 we won, but I'm still a LONG way away from dreaming of the finals.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. If the Lakers let up even a little, the Spurs will make them pay.

KCi

Reaction score

I have a hard time seeing a Flip Saunders coached team beating Phil Jackson in the Finals. Dude let Lebron James beat them by himself 4 games in a row. Lost a lot of respect for Detroit in that series.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05