Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

nowagimp

Reaction score
My two major concerns as well. They are going to try to get Pau in early foul trouble, and I sure hope Ronny is ready to provide some solid minutes out there.

Yeah every time pau runs by oberto will fall down. I wonder if the refs will have the nads to call the inevitable flops that will occur. hopefully that is not the difference maker.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Go SPURS!

I don't know what got into me this past April, but when the Suns were wiped off the post-season map, I quit hating the Spurs. I finally began to see the Suns and D'Antoni for what they really were - soft and uncommitted. Since then, I just haven't hated the Spurs like I have in the past. Don't get me wrong, I still dislike Horry, Parker, and TD... but I have great respect for that franchise. They know how to win.

Remember this Truth -
if the Spurs win, we will hear about it. If the Lakers win, we will never stop hearing about it.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah every time pau runs by oberto will fall down. I wonder if the refs will have the nads to call the inevitable flops that will occur. hopefully that is not the difference maker.

Damn! Game 1 is a little under 3 hours away and were already hoping that the refs help the Lake Show out! Unreal. :thud:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go SPURS!

I don't know what got into me this past April, but when the Suns were wiped off the post-season map, I quit hating the Spurs. I finally began to see the Suns and D'Antoni for what they really were - soft and uncommitted. Since then, I just haven't hated the Spurs like I have in the past. Don't get me wrong, I still dislike Horry, Parker, and TD... but I have great respect for that franchise. They know how to win.

Remember this Truth -
if the Spurs win, we will hear about it. If the Lakers win, we will never stop hearing about it.

Actually, if you haven't noticed, the reason Suns fans hear so much about the Lakers is because they start talking about them.

If the lakers win a chip this year, no established posters are going to be posting a thread in here. We'll be partying in the smack shack. However, when the inevitable "ef the lakers" thread pops up here, we'll post.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its in LA expect lots of acting from both sides, Vujabitch is as much a flopper as Floppy himself, even does his head thing to make his girly hair look like contact was much worse than it was. Expect flopping on both sides. Over/Under on Kobes FTs? 25 or so I bet, seems to get alot of ticky tack calls for some easy free points.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its in LA expect lots of acting from both sides, Vujabitch is as much a flopper as Floppy himself, even does his head thing to make his girly hair look like contact was much worse than it was. Expect flopping on both sides. Over/Under on Kobes FTs? 25 or so I bet, seems to get alot of ticky tack calls for some easy free points.

This is true.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
ditto... well, they are scripted as well so ill take a good old school Bball game.

You guys will laugh at this one, but i think Mbenga is going to play a pivitol role somewhere along in this series. I think the foul trouble for Pau and Turiaf will definetly be an issue. Well see.... GO LAKERS!

Last edited:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The Lakers are on their way to the Arena and their pumped.
God i love this image.:)

Who's that driving? I bet he gets his insurance from Geico:
You must be registered for see images

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Okay MY PREDICTION:

SPURS - 105
LAKERS - 101

Sorry Laker fans.. The Spurs are the most irritating franchise in the history of franchises.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
I hope there isnt an earthquake that hurts Bruce Bowen by a skylight falling or something. :D

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Speaking of Bowen, Kobe said and I quote...."I don't think Bruce Bowen is dirty at all. He has an unfair reputation."

Spoken from a man who actually PLAYS the game. Not watch it like all of us.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe Doug Collins said that the Spurs don't foul. It's more like the refs often don't call fouls against them. :rolleyes:

Wow...Kobe with 0 points and only 2 field goal attempts with 2 minutes 26 seconds left in the 2nd quarter.

Spurs 47-39 2:26 left in 2nd quarter.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Speaking of Bowen, Kobe said and I quote...."I don't think Bruce Bowen is dirty at all. He has an unfair reputation."

Spoken from a man who actually PLAYS the game. Not watch it like all of us.
If Kobe really thinks Bowen is dirty I doubt he's stupid enough to say it while there's a series going on with the Spurs.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Is Kobe hurting, being shut down, or just taking his time?

He would probably explode in the second half.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Good half so far. Spurs are taking care of business by only allowing 43 points in the first half. Looks like the Laker's passing is at a stand still. One more half to go.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I can't believe Doug Collins said that the Spurs don't foul. It's more like the refs often don't call fouls against them. :rolleyes:

Wow...Kobe with 0 points and only 2 field goal attempts with 2 minutes 26 seconds left in the 2nd quarter.

Spurs 47-39 2:26 left in 2nd quarter.

Yeah, cause you know their is a conspiracy to always let the Spurs win. :rolleyes:

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
If Kobe really thinks Bowen is dirty I doubt he's stupid enough to say it while there's a series going on with the Spurs.

Oh yeah, NO one would be stupid enough to talk trash about a player or team that their in a series with. (Shaq talking trash about the Spurs after Game 1 this season.) :rolleyes:

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
The 3rd qtr will be the tell tale for this game. That is where the Spurs start screwing up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05