Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
On that last play where the Spurs got the ball back after it went out of bounds. Gasol clearly fouled Ginobilli, while Ginobilli touched it out of bounds.

Refs knew they screwed up with the Duncan non foul/outta bounds the play before, so they award the ball to the Spurs saying that Gasol touched it.

Gotta love it.
3 very bad calls.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Sterns, oops, I meant the Spurs, with a huge choke in game one.:D

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Damn that's a tough loss to swallow if you're the Spurs.

Someone go to spurstalk and post the funniest of what they're saying.

What's the over/under on the amount of posters that want to trade Ginobilli and Udoka for a ham sandwich?

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
After watching this game, I realized I really don't like either team. At all. None. Not at all. Nothing.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Damn that's a tough loss to swallow if you're the Spurs.

Someone go to spurstalk and post the funniest of what they're saying.

What's the over/under on the amount of posters that want to trade Ginobilli and Udoka for a ham sandwich?

FU Manu pretty much, Nash could have stopped you.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Did both teams lose tonight. No?? DAMN!!!!!

Treat

Reaction score
when i have written to "why are the lakers the team to beat" thread,i ve told spurs are still the team to beat and lakers will have PG problem in further games,fisher-vuja-farmar wont be enough.

all lakers fans accused me,got agressive but looks like parker will own fisher in the series.if lakers lose this,i wont be surprised if spurs sweep them.

fisher is 0-5 with three fouls,1 assist,1 turnover.

and dont get me wrong,i was rooting for spurs but looks like lakers are easier opponent to spurs than the suns.

:biglaugh:

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Monumental choke job by the Spurs in the second half. And the 4th Qtr, yikes. Lakers shot 40% in the 4th compared to the Spurs 14%. That is not a typo. They shot 14% in the 4th qtr! All them bricks killed them tonight. All in all, I thought the Spurs played the Lakers defensively the way they wanted to play them. Held them to 89 points when they average about 113. We all knew Kobe was gonna take over in the 2nd half. That's a given. What I didn't expect was the Spurs shooting 13/45 or something to that affect in the second half. To quote Bill Walton......"Horrible shooting" for the Spurs late in the game. Game 2 should be fun.

And all in all, the game was officiated fairly, both teams got rotten calls, but imo, not one team got the advantage.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's interesting that this is the 2nd game in a row that the Spurs offense has gone to crap in the 4th quarter. They shot a bit under 30% in the 4th in game 7 against the Spurs and 15% against the Lakers today.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Spurs arent gonna beat you these days with offense........Its their defensive adjustments and making you take shots you dont normally want that keeps them in games and affords them spots in which Manu or Tony can take over. Fortunately both went cold.

Ive seen too many times, how the Spurs go cold on Offense these last few weeks. But you still gotta tip your hat for their defensive efforts to keep the Lakers well under their team scoring avg's.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game so far.

One thing that irked me though, was when they called a reach in foul on Fisher when he clearly tipped the ball away.

The bad call isn't the problem. It's the fact that there was two referees on either side of the play. The ref with the perfect angle on the play, didn't blow the whistle (because there was no foul) and proceeded to sprint downcourt awiting a Laker fastbreak

Instead, the ref who was blindsided to Fisher's swipe, makes a call on what he thought he saw happen.

This shouldn't happen. Or at the very least, the ref who had the better position should've over-ruled the decision.

Other than that, the game has been entertaining. Parker's got it going on and you know Kobe's ready to take control

I love the NBA!

Overall the game was reffed fairly (the bad call on the OB on Duncan was made right by Gino dribbling OB and getting the ball back anyway right after) but THAT play bugged me. The ref on the back side NEVER should have made that call... he had NO angle to make it. It was a clean strip, and from bottom to top, not from top down slapping at it. It was a terrible call, but the ref with the good angle not overrulling it was horsecrap.

Calls don't affect games, IMO, but I hate to see such utter incompetence on display.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i have written to "why are the lakers the team to beat" thread,i ve told spurs are still the team to beat and lakers will have PG problem in further games,fisher-vuja-farmar wont be enough.

all lakers fans accused me,got agressive but looks like parker will own fisher in the series.if lakers lose this,i wont be surprised if spurs sweep them.

fisher is 0-5 with three fouls,1 assist,1 turnover.

and dont get me wrong,i was rooting for spurs but looks like lakers are easier opponent to spurs than the suns.

You should continue not talking. Sasha shot ok, not great, but he defended very well. Fisher was terrible tonight. Oh, and the other guard? Farmar? Yeah, he finally got off the slump and had a nice stretch when he was in.

Sweep? Nobody is sweeping anyone...this is the WCF in the tightest WC race ever. There will be no sweeping.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man to launch a three, when the MVP is 3 feet away from you DEMANDING the ball. Balls.

That is precisely why I frigging LOVE that guy. He is like Kobe...he may miss 5 in a row, but he is damn sure the next one is going down. No fear...ice water.

Plus he is a bitch-ass defender, all up in your jock. I respect that. I love Sasha.