SSOL = A new dragic?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
(Or look at it this way, wouldn't you rather be betting on Dragic than on Lopez?)

i never would have bet on either of them in first place and i made that abundantly clear - so please, no one make any "hindsight is 20-20" comments.

and i agree that we have to spell nash. the problem is (stop me if you've heard this one before) we don't gots no one to spell him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never would have bet on either of them in first place and i made that abundantly clear - so please, no one make any "hindsight is 20-20" comments.

and i agree that we have to spell nash. the problem is (stop me if you've heard this one before) we don't gots no one to spell him.

We've got LB. :)

Seriously I would think Dragic would get a little love from those posters who demand defense. He at least tries to play it. Maybe if the Suns open their offense full throttle he won't be so tentative on shooting the ball.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I've never heard of him.

Robertson!

Oscar Palmer Robertson
(born November 24, 1938 in Charlotte, Tennessee), nicknamed "The Big O" or O-Train, is a former American NBA player with the Cincinnati Royals and the Milwaukee Bucks.[1] The 6-foot-5, 220-pound [2] Robertson played the shooting guard/point guard position, and was a twelve-time All-Star, eleven-time member of the All-NBA Team, and one-time winner of the MVP award in fourteen professional seasons. He is the only player in NBA history to average a triple-double for an entire season, and he is regarded as one of the best and most versatile NBA players of all time.[3] He was a key player on the team which brought the Bucks their only NBA championship in the 1970-71 NBA season. However, his playing career, especially during high school and college, was plagued by racism.[3]

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
theres going to be alot of crow to be had from this thread.

No kidding. I'm telling you man, this guy has a lot of potential. Multiple scouts (not just the Suns) said he will make a great PG in the NBA. They just didn't draft him because of his screwy contract situation with that Euro team.

Reaction score
Dragic has hops. In all seriousness, he is a future borderline all-star. He has the size, skill, abilty to be a very good point guard and unlike the Euro busts, he is consistantly aggressive..

HooverDam

Reaction score
Hahahahahh that dunk was terrific but I cant believe LAC left the baseline that wide open.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
At the end of the day, we were sold a bill of goods during the draft that was an outright lie. Robin Lopez is terrible, and Dragic was and is a stretch of epic proportions to think he is a future starter in the league. I would love to eat my words, but I won't be forced to anytime soon.

How I love to be proven wrong in such dramatic fashion! It's just one game vs. the Clippers... but, please keep it up!

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this is really the first time ive got an extended look at dragic.. I still see some of the hesitation, and lack of confidence... the main thing is that what worked for him overseas just isnt fast or quick enough over here. I dont agree with what EJ said in that he should be adjusted by now.. I doubt the league he was playing in was even as good as the college ranks.

Once he figures out whats going to work and what doesnt... and IF hes smart enough to apply it, i think he has the tools to be a very decent pg.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did see some positive out of Dragic but he gets the ball slapped away alot. It appears that he dribbles to far off his body and allow players to get the ball away from him too often.

Also, he looks clumsey when driving the lane sometimes. There might be hope for him yet but he still is not even close to being the second coming of anybody right now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I really REALLY want Dragic to succeed. All of the potential in the world, but lacks so much confidence when he is on the floor. When your floor general is lacking confidence, then the rest of the players on the floor lose some confidence as well. I hope with age he learns to channel his abilities and realize his talents. Otherwise, he's just another 2nd round draft pick.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Does he remind any of you of Ginobli? Lanky, quick, left handed, seems out of control a lot of the time, some hops, but very very agressive.

Obviously not nearly as polished, but we can hope...

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WoW. what a game by goran. you can just see that confidence up 1000% since TP is gone.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Well, he successfully got his feet wet. OKC shouldn't be too pressure packed - though I imagine he didn't feel like that even against the Clips. Heck, Boston will be a breather for him - we're going to be significant underdogs so that takes lots of the pressure off.

Really the pressure games for the team are going to those against Utah, Houston, Portland, Dallas and NO and its a couple of weeks until we play any of them. Boston, Lakers, Cleveland, SA are more like measuring sticks - they'll do us the favor or pointing out our biggest weaknesses. Come to think of it the teams we figure to beat are going to be fairly high pressure because we can ill afford to lose to any of them... we gots no wiggle room at all.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
oh c'mon, that's just bologna! you're just regurgitating the front office's spin that they used in attempts to sell him on us. his ball handling is subpar, i have yet to see his court vision and he is NOT a good defender. he may develop all that, but right now, he has NONE of that. i even have yet to see his ability "to take the ball to the hole" - just bs.

Not calling you out Ouchie, but you are so wrong on so many levels.

First of all, if it's not edible it's spelled b-a-l-o-n-e-y :D

He seemed to do pretty well in the last 2 games - his confidence is up and, by gosh, I actually saw him smiling!

The players were kidding that they're gonna have t-shirts made up that say: "I Have 3 More Dunks Than Nash"

Yes, he did take it to the hole (even tho he lost a ball a few times), made some 3's and had some dunks. He'll get better with more playing time.

Last edited:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Compare the Dragic of the last two nights, particularly of last night, against the early season Dragic and the guy has made a huge improvement.

He distributes the ball well, plays decent defense and runs well. Huge upside.