Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Damion shyed away from a lot of semi open 3pt shots to not ruin his %, at the cost of team success. He's a fair weather shooter, not at all useful in playoffs.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Gordon was toxic. Whined openly about shots back in the first half of the season while he was shooting the 3rd most on the team, he seemed to mope a lot, low effort, barely seemed to care on defense, total no show in the playoffs.

I also have gone from thinking he is extremely injury prone to thinking he just won't play through anything. You never see him role an ankle or grab a hammy... it's just the next day he is sore, or stiff or has a headache.

Good riddance.

That said... the depth is worrisome, but malcontents can ruin a season, some players might be worth the headache, IMO, Gordon isn't one of them.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think Gordon was toxic. Whined openly about shots back in the first half of the season while he was shooting the 3rd most on the team, he seemed to mope a lot, low effort, barely seemed to care on defense, total no show in the playoffs.

I also have gone from thinking he is extremely injury prone to thinking he just won't play through anything. You never see him role an ankle or grab a hammy... it's just the next day he is sore, or stiff or has a headache.

Good riddance.

That said... the depth is worrisome, but malcontents can ruin a season, some players might be worth the headache, IMO, Gordon isn't one of them.
I kind of got that vibe, too. His vagabond history also seems to mesh with him being an attitude case.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was one who always hated Lee and how I thought he was overrated on a lot of things and yet Monty kept playing him. Well guess what he's had a looong time to recover from that meniscus injury, in fact way too long. How do we even know if Lee is still a viable option. His defense sucks, if he can just come in and shoot in spurts I guess he'll be okay filling Eric Gordon's role, because I loathed EG on this team. He just seemed like a negative energy guy, and I found it perplexing that he complained about his role and amount of shots when he was passing on them at the same time. There were more than a lot of moments where I screamed for him to shoot it.

EG was unhappy with something early on, whether it was coaching or teammates, that he just seemed to coast sometimes and go through the motion. I'm glad he's gone, and hopefuly DLee comes in with more motivation and positive energy than EG brought because IMO they're the guy filling the same role.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was one who always hated Lee and how I thought he was overrated on a lot of things and yet Monty kept playing him. Well guess what he's had a looong time to recover from that meniscus injury, in fact way too long. How do we even know if Lee is still a viable option. His defense sucks, if he can just come in and shoot in spurts I guess he'll be okay filling Eric Gordon's role, because I loathed EG on this team. He just seemed like a negative energy guy, and I found it perplexing that he complained about his role and amount of shots when he was passing on them at the same time. There were more than a lot of moments where I screamed for him to shoot it.

EG was unhappy with something early on, whether it was coaching or teammates, that he just seemed to coast sometimes and go through the motion. I'm glad he's gone, and hopefuly DLee comes in with more motivation and positive energy than EG brought because IMO they're the guy filling the same role.

I'd like to know if Damion Lee is fully recovered and ready to play. The Suns were secretive about the extent of his injury until right before the playoffs last season. I would hope they wouldn't keep him to just fill a roster spot.

The Suns adding Isaiah Thomas was also a head scratcher, since the Suns really didn't use him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although Mason Plumlee was injured some last season, his stats seem to be in decline. I'm not sure if the Suns are getting the player fans remember from years back. He is an improvement from Drew Eubanks but that is not saying a lot.

The wings and guards are going to have to play a bigger role in guarding the basket as Nurkic and Plumlee are more like the old day prototypical centers without a lot of lateral movement. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dunn and Oso playing small ball center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Eubanks has improved his financial situation by signing with the Jazz.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… he’s a non-factor. As inconsistent as Gordon was, he’s still a better player in every aspect than Lee.
I agree. I don't care much about Lee. He had this one pretty good run but he is likely just a guy to give other guys a quick breather.

Last edited:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'd like to know if Damion Lee is fully recovered and ready to play. The Suns were secretive about the extent of his injury until right before the playoffs last season. I would hope they wouldn't keep him to just fill a roster spot.

The Suns adding Isaiah Thomas was also a head scratcher, since the Suns really didn't use him.
The Suns had a double whammy of a bad coach and a bad front office last year. Hopefully, we've improved the coaching situation.

The front office may or may not improve. Whenever/however they limit/remove James Jones from personnel decisions would help.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Among other teams, the Suns reportedly have interest in Reggie Bullock.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes Delon Wright to the Bucks. He would have fit in a Suns uniform.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have Nurk, Plumlee, Bol, and Oso. How many centers do you want? Four is a lot.

Oso is a second round pick, nothing is guaranteed to him, and nothing is guaranteed to us. So don't expect him to pick up any meaningful minutes if any at all. Only Nurk and Plumlee are legit nba centers. Bol Bol, the rumors are he that he's coming back but he's not a center, maybe in stretches for a few minutes only.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have Nurk, Plumlee, Bol, and Oso. How many centers do you want? Four is a lot.

I view the Suns centers as Nurkic and Plumlee. They are not very athletic nor spread the court. Opponents will try to drive by them.

Bol Bol and Oso are more power forwards.

If Nurkic or Plumlee miss time for any reason, the Suns are short on size at this position. They will be relegated to playing small ball. We saw how vulnerable they were last season in the middle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Holiday plans to stay with the Rockets. He was considered as a point guard option for the Suns by some.