Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns certainly need more size and bulk at the 4/5. In a perfect world where Nurkic and Plumlee didn't get into foul trouble or injured, the Suns might squeak by, but we do not live in a perfect world. Another versatile power forward would be welcome.

I was begging the Suns to add more size before their playoff run, which ended in the Finals against the Bucks. Even then, the Suns had Kaminsky on the roster when Saric went down, but Monty didn't have confidence in him.

Opponents know the Suns' weakness and invariably they will drive the ball down the middle when they need points. They can't depend on a rookie like Oso to plug the hole. That's asking too much from him.

My hope is the Suns realize their weakness like they did at point guard and trade for a 4/5 before the trade deadline if a player becomes available. I suspect the Suns will explore trading Allen.

I'd be very surprised if Grayson and Royce both make it through the year. I suspect one or both to be dealt. Maybe Okogie can be dangled somewhere since he's on a very favorable contract as well. We don't need all of them plus Dunn coming off the bench. There just aren't minutes for all of them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Grayson and Royce both make it through the year. I suspect one or both to be dealt. Maybe Okogie can be dangled somewhere since he's on a very favorable contract as well. We don't need all of them plus Dunn coming off the bench. There just aren't minutes for all of them.

I agree, there are multiple options. It's finding the right player available in trade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's look at the bright side.

If things come together for the Suns they have a chance to be an excellent team, perhaps a contender.

IMO, they need one more quality player, preferably a power forward who can play the 4/5. That player would likely have to come in a trade before the trade deadline. The Suns do have an open roster spot, so they could add a veteran minimum player to get to fifteen if they so choose.

Hopefully coach Mike Budenholzer can bring the team together with some different offensive and defensive concepts.

Here are the Suns current starting five and depth. Position labels are arbitrary.

Starters:

Devin Booker- SG
Tyus Jones- PG
Bradley Beal- SG
Kevin Durant- PF
Jusuf Nurkic- C

Bench:

Mason Plumlee- C
Grayson Allen- SG
Royce O'Neale- PF
Monte Morris- PG
Oso Ighodaro- PF
Ryan Dunn- SF
Josh Okogie- SG
Bol Bol- PF
Damion Lee- SG

Two-way contracts:

Collin Gillespie
Jalen Bridges
Ty Ty Washington Jr.
At least there are 5 legit nba players on the bench this season. And who knows about the development of the young guys.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least there are 5 legit nba players on the bench this season. And who knows about the development of the young guys.
OK, if so your starters are Jones, Book, Beal, Durant, and Nurk

Your five legit NBA players on the bench would be? Plumlee, Morris, Okogie, O Neale, Allen?

Do you not consider Bol or Lee legit NBA players? Not arguing, just asking.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

https://x.com/AZSportsZone
Zona
@AZSportsZone

The Suns announced their broadcast/radio teams:
Broadcast/Studio:
Eddie Johnson
Kevin Ray
AnnMeyers Drysdale -
Tom Leander
Tom Chambers
Sophie Cunningham
Radio:
Tim Kempton
Jon Bloom-Arturo Ocho
Samuel Sandoval

Glad Sophie is back. Wish Annie would be moved to a studio role. She can't keep up with games anymore. I respect her knowledge and insight, which I feel would be better suited in a studio show where she can really demonstrate her knowledge with prepared highlights or stats in front of her. She gets stuck on points a lot, which is fine for that environment but not live.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05