Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why the green trim?

The last time they brought back the western font they slapped it on one of our ugliest jerseys ever.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And the Western font returns -- probably not going as far as we'd like, but it's something:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ugh. That’s hideous. I can’t believe they are besmirching the western font with that atrocity. The stupid star and the green in the borders? YUCK.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I'll bet the players are thrilled to wear that....Why not the blazing basketball instead of star, gray instead of green?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Surprisingly, outside of here the jersey isn't getting too slammed. They are saying that it looks incomplete without the cactus from the All Star Jersey, but they also say that the shorts are pretty nice. And of course, the way they look in a picture vs how they look on a player might be a lot different. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Also, note that there are no NUMBERS on that picture. Might be a difference when that is revealed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk why we’ve had grey in our uniforms for the past 15 years…

I think they wanted to appeal to the "cooler" crowd who don't want to wear and orange or purple shirt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have agreed to an Exhibit 10 deal with Jaden Shackelford.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Impossible for a grown man to look cool in any jersey.

Which is part of why they tried the sleeved jerseys but those failed miserably and players hated them. I always wondered why they didn't try selling sleeved variants of sorts to fans.

I will say Hockey and Football jerseys are both great casual wear as long as they aren't ridiculously oversized. I have zero issue with those.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Which is part of why they tried the sleeved jerseys but those failed miserably and players hated them. I always wondered why they didn't try selling sleeved variants of sorts to fans.

I will say Hockey and Football jerseys are both great casual wear as long as they aren't ridiculously oversized. I have zero issue with those.
As someone who has a collection of probably 300 or so vintage (replica, not player worn) jerseys, I can attest that it's fairly difficult to find circumstances where they feel appropriate to wear in public, other than attending games.

Hockey jerseys can be good as "sweater" type overwear in the winter if I'm just hanging out with friends. Baseball jerseys are also decent for warmer weather months in the same circumstances, although Arizona summer weather is not accommodating. I don't collect any football jerseys.

But yeah, basketball jerseys pretty much never look great as casual wear, unfortunately. Even if I still played pickup basketball, they seem like they would be silly as game wear. Which is a shame because some of them are pretty cool designs.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And the Western font returns -- probably not going as far as we'd like, but it's something:

Maybe it's my monitor, but that star looks RED on my screen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Might need another monitor. The Suns star on the uniform is orange. :)

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If it ain't your monitor then you might need an appointment with an eye doctor because those are 2 different colors. Orange on the jersey and then the red star you posted. I see a pretty clear contrast.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's look at the bright side.

If things come together for the Suns they have a chance to be an excellent team, perhaps a contender.

IMO, they need one more quality player, preferably a power forward who can play the 4/5. That player would likely have to come in a trade before the trade deadline. The Suns do have an open roster spot, so they could add a veteran minimum player to get to fifteen if they so choose.

Hopefully coach Mike Budenholzer can bring the team together with some different offensive and defensive concepts.

Here are the Suns current starting five and depth. Position labels are arbitrary.

Starters:

Devin Booker- SG
Tyus Jones- PG
Bradley Beal- SG
Kevin Durant- PF
Jusuf Nurkic- C

Bench:

Mason Plumlee- C
Grayson Allen- SG
Royce O'Neale- PF
Monte Morris- PG
Oso Ighodaro- PF
Ryan Dunn- SF
Josh Okogie- SG
Bol Bol- PF
Damion Lee- SG

Two-way contracts:

Collin Gillespie
Jalen Bridges
Ty Ty Washington Jr.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ty Ty Washington signed elsewhere, should be removed from 2 way spots.

Edit - guess I should have googled before talking. He is on a Two-Way here. Interesting. Surprised I missed that since I know him as a player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Ty Washington signed elsewhere, should be removed from 2 way spots.

Edit - guess I should have googled before talking. He is on a Two-Way here. Interesting. Surprised I missed that since I know him as a player.

Some of these contracts may be announced, but not official. It's hard to know sometimes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of these contracts may be announced, but not official. It's hard to know sometimes.

I knew about Gillepsie and Bridges. I was kind of watching the last spot since we signed a few exhibit 10's so the TyTy signing slipped past me. I like him more than any Two-Way guy we've had. He didn't have a good year in Milwaukee last year but he looked decent in Houston the year before.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If things come together for the Suns they have a chance to be an excellent team, perhaps a contender.

IMO, they need one more quality player, preferably a power forward who can play the 4/5. That player would likely have to come in a trade before the trade deadline.

Wanted to speak on this and probably is a part of my growing frustration with the Suns, in particular James Jones version of the Suns. We've lacked size for 55 years, that isn't new, but I can't recall a time when it's been ignored like it has the past 5-6 years. We'd try a bunch of over the hill guys or youngsters with potential to fill those holes but JJ seems against bringing in a true PF/C.

D'Antoni went small but that made more sense considering he wanted our 5 best players out there and his system was designed to accentuate their speed and skill, not their size. JJ wants us to play like everyone else though without a real PF/C. Durant isn't it. We need an Ibaka, not current but OKC Ibaka. Someone who can stretch the floor and keep defenses honest while also being willing mix it up inside. KD is finesse through and through. When we've brought in guys to mix it up though they've been undersized like Crowder and Craig.

Saric was the last PF this team had and his injury was a huge factor in costing us vs Milwaukee. I'm not saying he was the reason but that's also when the series turned and our lack of size was obvious. We went from being favored to a coin flip, essentially, and we couldn't catch a break after. That's obvious to us fans, I'm not the first guy saying this, but each year it's the same thing where we add a big who is a stiff to backup C, not a stretch or modern big, and then a bunch of shooting wings. I'm glad they addressed the PG hole but where's the damn beef? If this turns into another wasted season because we have no one to help Nurk down low then I'm going to lose my mind.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to speak on this and probably is a part of my growing frustration with the Suns, in particular James Jones version of the Suns. We've lacked size for 55 years, that isn't new, but I can't recall a time when it's been ignored like it has the past 5-6 years. We'd try a bunch of over the hill guys or youngsters with potential to fill those holes but JJ seems against bringing in a true PF/C.

D'Antoni went small but that made more sense considering he wanted our 5 best players out there and his system was designed to accentuate their speed and skill, not their size. JJ wants us to play like everyone else though without a real PF/C. Durant isn't it. We need an Ibaka, not current but OKC Ibaka. Someone who can stretch the floor and keep defenses honest while also being willing mix it up inside. KD is finesse through and through. When we've brought in guys to mix it up though they've been undersized like Crowder and Craig.

Saric was the last PF this team had and his injury was a huge factor in costing us vs Milwaukee. I'm not saying he was the reason but that's also when the series turned and our lack of size was obvious. We went from being favored to a coin flip, essentially, and we couldn't catch a break after. That's obvious to us fans, I'm not the first guy saying this, but each year it's the same thing where we add a big who is a stiff to backup C, not a stretch or modern big, and then a bunch of shooting wings. I'm glad they addressed the PG hole but where's the damn beef? If this turns into another wasted season because we have no one to help Nurk down low then I'm going to lose my mind.

The Suns certainly need more size and bulk at the 4/5. In a perfect world where Nurkic and Plumlee didn't get into foul trouble or injured, the Suns might squeak by, but we do not live in a perfect world. Another versatile power forward would be welcome.

I was begging the Suns to add more size before their playoff run, which ended in the Finals against the Bucks. Even then, the Suns had Kaminsky on the roster when Saric went down, but Monty didn't have confidence in him.

Opponents know the Suns' weakness and invariably they will drive the ball down the middle when they need points. They can't depend on a rookie like Oso to plug the hole. That's asking too much from him.

My hope is the Suns realize their weakness like they did at point guard and trade for a 4/5 before the trade deadline if a player becomes available. I suspect the Suns will explore trading Allen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05