Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
21m

The Valley Suns have acquired the rights to guard Cassius Stanley in a 6-team(!!) trade, sending out a 2025 second-round pick to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and the rights to Gary Clark to the Wisconsin Herd

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cassius Stanley seems well worth taking a flyer on.

His 3 point shot looks easy to block?

Hopefully its was a too much success at an early age thing and he is mentally ready for his shot at an NBA role.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His 3 point shot looks easy to block?

Hopefully its was a too much success at an early age thing and he is mentally ready for his shot at an NBA role.

I didn't see anything particularly bothersome on video, unless he mechanically slow putting up the shot.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet

The Valley Suns announce they've acquired the rights to Paul Watson in a trade with the Austin Spurs, sending back the rights to Matt Lewis and Lindell Wiggington. Watson is a PHX native who put up 14.5 PPG and 4.0 RPG in 31 regular season G League games last year

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet
@GeraldBourguet

The Valley Suns announce they've acquired the rights to Paul Watson in a trade with the Austin Spurs, sending back the rights to Matt Lewis and Lindell Wiggington. Watson is a PHX native who put up 14.5 PPG and 4.0 RPG in 31 regular season G League games last year

I like that the Suns seem to have an affinity for local players.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the same Nate Roberts that played for the University of Washington.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He looks interesting but I never trust these videos because many times it’s a very tiny window in an overall game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looks interesting but I never trust these videos because many times it’s a very tiny window in an overall game.

It's the G-League, so I never get overly excited by these selections. Roberts went undrafted and I think he is already 25.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Nate Roberts​

NUMBER​

POSITION​

Center

HEIGHT​

6-11

WEIGHT​

235 lbs

Born​

February 28, 2000

Drafted​

Undrafted

Last Attended​

Washington/USA

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of good players make their way through the G-League, though.

IMO, there is nothing more exciting than finding a hidden talent.

I'm curious to see how the G-League team is viewed. I know we the team in Prescott Valley before, IIRC. That was also a darker time for the Suns and it didn't feel like there was any real synergy between the clubs. Now it's a team owned by Ishbia, in the Phoenix metro area, and it appears as if there is real interest in acquiring potential talent.

Has anyone heard if the G-Leaguers will use the Suns practice facility? That could give us a better look at some of the talent.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how the G-League team is viewed. I know we the team in Prescott Valley before, IIRC. That was also a darker time for the Suns and it didn't feel like there was any real synergy between the clubs. Now it's a team owned by Ishbia, in the Phoenix metro area, and it appears as if there is real interest in acquiring potential talent.

Has anyone heard if the G-Leaguers will use the Suns practice facility? That could give us a better look at some of the talent.

In the greater Phoenix area, Tempe, I would hope fans get out for the games, especially fans on a budget. Prescott was a bit too far away for Phoenix fans. I expect everything Mat Ishbia does to be first class.

I haven't heard where they will practice but it seems logical the G-League team will practice some at the Suns facility.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We already had a G-League guy play significant minutes for us. Landry Shammet was the number 2 pick in the G-league draft this year!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We already had a G-League guy play significant minutes for us. Landry Shammet was the number 2 pick in the G-league draft this year!

I would have guessed that he was picked for New York to keep him in their system and give him access to their staff and i would have been right.

From Hoopsrumor..

The second player off the board was swingman Landry Shamet, who is recovering from a dislocated shoulder. Selecting him in the G League draft will allow the Knicks to keep him in the organization and closely monitor his rehabilitation process.

Shamet was expected to make the NBA roster prior to the injury and will be a candidate to rejoin the NBA squad later in the season if he fully recovers from his shoulder injury. He was the most experienced player in the NBAGL draft pool, with 348 career regular season outings at the NBA level.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And the Suns traded a first round pick in the NBA Draft to get him way back when.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan