Suns are frontrunners to sign Bol Bol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even Kevin Durant had good things to say about Bol Bol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't hate the move but I'm not in favor. Bol Bol is going to disappoint a lot of posters, it seems. Very little chance he earns playing time outside of minutes and despite being 7'2" he's not a Center.

Calling him a poor man's Wembanyama is a slight towards the poor. He's like the beer league Wemby, not even the Summer League version.

I can already see the posts calling for him to see more minutes and questioning Vogel's rotations because Bol² is glued to the bench. Oh well. I'd honestly be surprised if he's on the opening day roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Desmond Bane 4'2"

You must be registered for see images attach

Desmond Bane $207 million. Btw, I like him.

Of course, Bol Bol would be like the 15th man on the roster.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Desmond Bane $207 million. Btw, I like him.

Of course, Bol Bol would be like the 15th man on the roster.

I just find that photo funny. I've never seen an NBA player with arms that appear to be so short.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't hate the move but I'm not in favor. Bol Bol is going to disappoint a lot of posters, it seems. Very little chance he earns playing time outside of minutes and despite being 7'2" he's not a Center.

Calling him a poor man's Wembanyama is a slight towards the poor. He's like the beer league Wemby, not even the Summer League version.

I can already see the posts calling for him to see more minutes and questioning Vogel's rotations because Bol² is glued to the bench. Oh well. I'd honestly be surprised if he's on the opening day roster.

If the Suns make this move, it feels like they have something else up their sleeve. Ish Wainright is presently the Suns 15th standard player.

Might the Suns trade Cam Payne and a pick for someone else?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns make this move, it feels like they have something else up their sleeve. Ish Wainright is presently the Suns 15th standard player.

Might the Suns trade Cam Payne and a pick for someone else?

Cam Payne is the only true point guard on the roster, trading him doesn't make much sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne is the only true point guard on the roster, trading him doesn't make much sense.

This is true but it feels like the Suns are preparing for another move and I'm running out of players.

I guess Ish could be guaranteed and traded?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wrong. Booker, Goodwin, saben lee all exist.

in todays nba Beal and Gordon can play point too.

this boards idea that traditional PG’s even exist anymore is dumb.

there are basically 3 left, CP3, Lowry, and Conley.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Payne is a very good facilitator who pushes the pace, he does it consistently, he is a traditional point guard. He's also better at passing than everyone but maybe Booker on the roster.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Frank Vogel must have a plan to use Bol Bol or I don't think it would happen. It will be interesting to see how he is used.

Ish Wainright fills the 15th standard roster spot, although his salary is not guaranteed.
Makes room to trade DA, funny when you watch Bol play he is as, if not more physical than the "Entertainer"

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

As Suns fans we HAVE been spoiled with some of the best PGs going.
I still like to have a guy who isn't score first running the show but this isn't the olden days anymore.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes room to trade DA, funny when you watch Bol play he is as, if not more physical than the "Entertainer"

Hmm. That is a much bigger move than I was thinking about but it could be a possibility.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
With Bol Bol playing some center, do you think this might allow the Suns to give Ayton some minutes at power forward?

I could also see the roles reversed.

Please ignore the hissing and booing in the background.
The word Power and DA cannot be used in the same post

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked anybody that looked like a power forward in those days.
Alton Ford looked like the really short armed character in Dinosaurs (not the mama!). I thought we got lucky too especially after Kenny Smith made him out to be something special but we got shorted big time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alton Ford looked like the really short armed character in Dinosaurs (not the mama!). I thought we got lucky too especially after Kenny Smith made him out to be something special but we got shorted big time.

The Suns have been shorted upfront as long as I can remember. Too bad Mark West couldn't breathe on anyone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

When the Suns got Jahidi White I thought they hit the lottery until I realized he couldn't play.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't think Bol Bol is the second coming - nor do I think he'd just sit and collect dust

He may not be plug and play but he can contribute. The size is valuable, better hands than Ayton (that ain't saying much), and can provide some rim protect against an infiltrating offense. There's a reason numerous playoff teams are interested in signing him, several reasons actually. He's not going to start, but he is a good tool to have in the box for the special jobs imo

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Bol Bol is the second coming - nor do I think he'd just sit and collect dust

He may not be plug and play but he can contribute. The size is valuable, better hands than Ayton (that ain't saying much), and can provide some rim protect against an infiltrating offense. There's a reason numerous playoff teams are interested in signing him, several reasons actually. He's not going to start, but he is a good tool to have in the box for the special jobs imo

His turnover rate is significantly higher than Ayton's, his sloppiness with the ball is part of the reason he's struggled so much in the NBA.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
His turnover rate is significantly higher than Ayton's, his sloppiness with the ball is part of the reason he's struggled so much in the NBA.
What's significant phraz? Wow me with this significantly higher number

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

When the Suns got Jahidi White I thought they hit the lottery until I realized he couldn't play.

I thought we added a potential franchise Center when we traded Googs to Utah in a salary dump for Keon Clark back when Marbury was dealt in 03.

That's a move that doesn't get near the level of hate the KT salary dump does. We gave up 2 1sts and a 2nd in that deal also. One being the 16th pick in 2004, Kirk Snyder was selected who showed flashes but washed out. Then the second 1st was in 2010, which selected Gordon Hayward, #9 overall. Can you imagine if we had Hayward here for that 2010 team? Then trading Marion for Shaq doesn't look so bad and we can bring Grant Hill off the bench as a 6th man.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22