Suns are frontrunners to sign Bol Bol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I keep hearing this, but even so, I don't see the logic in adding Bol Bol unless the Suns have a specific use for him.
I know he's not the best defender, but I would have been curious to see him guard Webanyama a couple times. Would have possibly stopped the easy lobs into Webby by the Spurs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know he's not the best defender, but I would have been curious to see him guard Webanyama a couple times. Would have possibly stopped the easy lobs into Webby by the Spurs.

Maybe the Suns will use the extra players when they get their depth figured out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Still doesn't make sense he didn't get a look in those San Antonio games. He's the only guy in the league with a similar body type and build to Wemby and nothing else was working. After not seeing him in those 2 outings, I wrote him off entirely. Maybe he could have been useful, more than likely not, but those are the instances where you throw him out there and see what he can do. If you aren't willing at that point then might as well cut him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see why he'd have been any good at guarding Wemby, Bol backs off from contact and lets guys by him so he can try to block from behind, seems like a terrible option vs Wemby.

The guys that are causing Wemby fits are the dudes that deny him position by holding their ground, not falling for his dribbly stuff and just denying him position. Ish probably would have defended him well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't make sense he didn't get a look in those San Antonio games. He's the only guy in the league with a similar body type and build to Wemby and nothing else was working. After not seeing him in those 2 outings, I wrote him off entirely. Maybe he could have been useful, more than likely not, but those are the instances where you throw him out there and see what he can do. If you aren't willing at that point then might as well cut him.
What did you expect, Monty always does this. Forgets about his players, forgets about matchups, forgets he's no long coaching this team. Oh, wait...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see why he'd have been any good at guarding Wemby, Bol backs off from contact and lets guys by him so he can try to block from behind, seems like a terrible option vs Wemby.

The guys that are causing Wemby fits are the dudes that deny him position by holding their ground, not falling for his dribbly stuff and just denying him position. Ish probably would have defended him well.
Probably wouldn't have been but no one else was having much luck against him that night. It seemed like the perfect time to give him specific instructions and see if he could handle them. I get why we didn't bring Bismack back, with those arthritic knees of his, but if this guy doesn't belong in the NBA why in the world did we add him to our roster.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't have been but no one else was having much luck against him that night. It seemed like the perfect time to give him specific instructions and see if he could handle them. I get why we didn't bring Bismack back, with those arthritic knees of his, but if this guy doesn't belong in the NBA why in the world did we add him to our roster.

At the very least it would have been funny.

As for why Bol is on the roster... after hearing Isiah Thomas' quotes, I suspect he is entirely to blame.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the very least it would have been funny.

As for why Bol is on the roster... after hearing Isiah Thomas' quotes, I suspect he is entirely to blame.
As do I but many seem to doubt the IT takeover so I try to avoid the issue.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Big Bol is good for a few blocked shots, a couple of offensive boards, and six fouls. Could have used a few of those factors against the Lakers last night.
Against Laker Vanderbuilt, the golden days of Hack-a-Shaq style might have slowed down some of those Laker rebounds?
EJ calling the game was right about not giving the opponent three offensive rebounds and three shots to make one. :hammer:

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
-16 in a few minutes. Not a good sign. There's a reason he doesn't play a lot. He doesn't outplay Eubanks or Nurk.

One thing we could have done is put him at the 4 with Nurk and Durant at the 3. This would have been if Durant were willing to do that and defend smaller players. Again though, it's tough. We would have been probably too big clumsy and foul prone with that lineup. On the flip playing smaller with either Gordon, Allen or someone else in there, makes us a bit too prone to being unable to challenge jumpshooters on defensive rotations.

Wishing Bol well, but I don't see a role for him where he outplays Nurk or Eubanks for minutes. One player that maybe could get some minutes is Metu, he seems to be a better fit than Bol.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-16 in a few minutes. Not a good sign. There's a reason he doesn't play a lot. He doesn't outplay Eubanks or Nurk.

One thing we could have done is put him at the 4 with Nurk and Durant at the 3. This would have been if Durant were willing to do that and defend smaller players. Again though, it's tough. We would have been probably too big clumsy and foul prone with that lineup. On the flip playing smaller with either Gordon, Allen or someone else in there, makes us a bit too prone to being unable to challenge jumpshooters on defensive rotations.

Wishing Bol well, but I don't see a role for him where he outplays Nurk or Eubanks for minutes. One player that maybe could get some minutes is Metu, he seems to be a better fit than Bol.

I'm not sure who considers him as 4-5, he's a 1-2 in 4-5 body.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol sucks as expected maybe people will stop clamoring for him to get any meaningful minutes! Metu and KBD need to continue to get minutes…

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bol sucks as expected maybe people will stop clamoring for him to get any meaningful minutes! Metu and KBD need to continue to get minutes…
Yeah, I'm one of the posters that wanted to see him. Now I've seen him, time to move on to someone else. I can't see him ever helping us.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who has clamored for him to get minutes? Almost everyone here has said he sucks all season.
Not necessarily in here I read a lot of Suns stuff on Facebook as well and you’d be surprised how many people calling Frank stupid for not playing Bol. poo a lot of them think he should be in the starting lineup, and I’m like damn do you people even watch basketball? Just because a guy is 7’+ doesn’t make them a great basketball player!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
KBD was awful last night as well. I thought it was odd that he didn’t get more run earlier in the game.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KBD was awful last night as well. I thought it was odd that he didn’t get more run earlier in the game.
Yeah not saying KBD was good last night but he has shown some skills in other games and a lengthy defender is not a bad thing for a team that looks lost on defense lately… Put it this way I’d rather see more KBD if JO is having a brick game far to common so far this season. Rather see ZERO Bol as he should be cut or dealt rather see another backup C a Bizzy type player…

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not necessarily in here I read a lot of Suns stuff on Facebook as well and you’d be surprised how many people calling Frank stupid for not playing Bol. poo a lot of them think he should be in the starting lineup, and I’m like damn do you people even watch basketball? Just because a guy is 7’+ doesn’t make them a great basketball player!

I gave up on reading Suns stuff on Facebook because of fans like that. It's sad because they make up the majority there. Finding intelligent discussion there is virtually impossible.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I heard a rumor on the radio that San Antonio is interested in Bol Bol as a back up to Webanyama. According to John Gambadoro. Supposedly it is known he is available for trade by us. Gambo speculated maybe we could get a second round pick, or two, Gambo's words not mine. I would say that was a big win if we could get a second round pick for Bol Bol.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard a rumor on the radio that San Antonio is interested in Bol Bol as a back up to Webanyama. According to John Gambadoro. Supposedly it is known he is available for trade by us. Gambo speculated maybe we could get a second round pick, or two, Gambo's words not mine. I would say that was a big win if we could get a second round pick for Bol Bol.

Yeah lets get the 2nd round pick we had to dump when we salary dumped Cam Payne.

Can we send JJ to San Antonio with Bol?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22