Suns are frontrunners to sign Bol Bol

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Did you watch the video? That was like the keystone cops out there, and Ish hasn't had lowlights even approaching those.
Pretty sure Bol would play within his "box" with the Suns. Orlando was/is in a different situation

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Did you watch the video? That was like the keystone cops out there, and Ish hasn't had lowlights even approaching those.
Ish has a very refined role and doesn't attempt to do anything but hit spot up jump shots. He also doesn't play many minutes so of course it would be tough to find lowlights unless you want to count badly missed wide open shots.

Obviously Bol tries to do too much and that leads to some ugly mistakes, but like I said everyone that creates a lot off the dribble will have some ugly plays. How many players over 7' tall could even attempt some of the things he is doing in that video?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. Highlight videos are nice, but every player has those. How about lowlights?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ish isn't a great player, but he hasn't approached this level of ineptitude. Bol was waived and at his low salary, nobody claimed him. That should tell you something. The Magic waived him AND Bamba. How many teams purge out their center position that much in a single offseason?
You must be registered for see images

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ish has a very refined role and doesn't attempt to do anything but hit spot up jump shots. He also doesn't play many minutes so of course it would be tough to find lowlights unless you want to count badly missed wide open shots.

Obviously Bol tries to do too much and that leads to some ugly mistakes, but like I said everyone that creates a lot off the dribble will have some ugly plays. How many players over 7' tall could even attempt some of the things he is doing in that video?
If you mean bumbling passes and airballing 3s, I'm sure every person over 7' tall would do that.

Bol apologists are acting like he is the 2nd coming and miles ahead of Ish, when in fact he's lucky to be equal to Ish at all. He got loads of playing time on a bad team, and they still waived him. And again, with such a low salary, nobody claimed him. That has to tell you something.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish gives us an end of the bench player that always gives his all, is visibly supportive of his teammates and doesn't complain when he goes for long stretches without getting into a game. Can (or will) Bol Bol give us that? I have no idea. But I suspect BB doesn't consider himself an end of the bench player which could be a problem if we're signing him to fill the same role that Ish has filled. I like the idea of signing Bol to see if his talent can be developed but teams still need players like Ish that are more cheerleader than anything else.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish gives us an end of the bench player that always gives his all, is visibly supportive of his teammates and doesn't complain when he goes for long stretches without getting into a game. Can (or will) Bol Bol give us that? I have no idea. But I suspect BB doesn't consider himself an end of the bench player which could be a problem if we're signing him to fill the same role that Ish has filled. I like the idea of signing Bol to see if his talent can be developed but teams still need players like Ish that are more cheerleader than anything else.

I love Ish's story the most. Guys that had to work for every bit of what they have are great chemistry guys.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For what it worth, looks like Bol might be hanging out with KD?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looks good in summer league against a bunch of reckless guards, making wild drives at the rim and who are not NBA players.

At the NBA level he is unplayable.

His NBA stats support this as well. The Suns were even allowing Tacko to come out and guard the perimeter.

Unfortunately, summer league is more about individual play instead of team play. I usually lock onto a few players who I want to watch to make it worthwhile.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it worth, looks like Bol might be hanging out with KD?

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevin Durant had some complimentary comments about Bol Bol in a video on twitter the other day.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant had some complimentary comments about Bol Bol in a video on twitter the other day.
I don't think there's any doubt that Bol Bol has a lot of talent, getting him to have a consistently positive impact on the game has been the challenge thus far. I keep thinking back to Archie Goodwin - incredibly talented and players raved about him but his talents never really translated to the court. Hopefully, that won't be the case with Bol Bol.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every player has those as well..

The more you try to create off the dribble the more of them you will have too.

This is what I was trying to point out the other day.

When Bol Bol tries to create with the ball it is counted as a turnover. When Ayton bobbles a pass, the distributor is usually credited with the turnover. That's why looking at the turnover ratio between the two players can be misleading.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's any doubt that Bol Bol has a lot of talent, getting him to have a consistently positive impact on the game has been the challenge thus far. I keep thinking back to Archie Goodwin - incredibly talented and players raved about him but his talents never really translated to the court. Hopefully, that won't be the case with Bol Bol.

Yeah, I think the only reason we are talking about Bol Bol is because some reputable media sources are leading us to believe the Suns may add him to the roster.

There are other players out there I would rather talk about.

I had high hopes for Archie Goodwin because of his incredible talent alone.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. Highlight videos are nice, but every player has those. How about lowlights?

Ish isn't a great player, but he hasn't approached this level of ineptitude. Bol was waived and at his low salary, nobody claimed him. That should tell you something. The Magic waived him AND Bamba. How many teams purge out their center position that much in a single offseason?

Almost no one is claimed off waivers, regardless of who it is. Teams like working out details of their own contracts.

Bol Bol is also not a Center, never was and wouldn't be for us. Bamba was waived last off-season. He played in LA some last season. There wasn't some great purge of C's in Orlando this off-season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Almost no one is claimed off waivers, regardless of who it is. Teams like working out details of their own contracts.

Bol Bol is also not a Center, never was and wouldn't be for us. Bamba was waived last off-season. He played in LA some last season. There wasn't some great purge of C's in Orlando this off-season.
Fine you get the last word. Don’t really get why you love him so much. He sucks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The stats say he’s a turnover machine and there is the proof.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fine you get the last word. Don’t really get why you love him so much. He sucks.

???

No need to get so emotional. I was simply pointing out the flaws in your post. I'm not even sure who you're saying sucks. If it's Bol, I'd agree. He's young so there's a chance he turns things around but I wouldn't bank on it. I'd prefer a more skilled player that can play if called upon. Oddly enough, I'd probably prefer Bamba if he were available because he's at least a legit Center. He sucks too but I think he showed more flashes in LA last year than Bol did in Orlando.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would like this signing i thought boi boi would be better than is from what i rem that draft class
Plus any big bodies u can throw at drago/jokic lol is a bonus... f u nuggets :(

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I know this was meant to dissuade, but what I see is an erratic, 23 year old player with exceptionally rare fluidity and ball handling skills for someone who is 7'2". If I am a GM, this is the exact kind of player I want to sign to a min deal with my final roster spot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this was meant to dissuade, but what I see is an erratic, 23 year old player with exceptionally rare fluidity and ball handling skills for someone who is 7'2". If I am a GM, this is the exact kind of player I want to sign to a min deal with my final roster spot.
Exactly. This is the type of player that any GM or coach thinks he can develop. Maybe he won't turn into anything, but we are talking a developmental player here, not a rotation guy necessarily.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about him but he sounds like a project player verses bench contributor. I guess it depends on what the Suns want to do to round out the bench.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their
I don't know much about him but he sounds like a project player verses bench contributor. I guess it depends on what the Suns want to do to round out the bench.

draft picks are limited. They need a project or two. I would love to seem them sign Frank as our third big and then add Bol as a end of bench project.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If they see some rim protection potential in his future sign him for the minimum with a 2nd year team option and let him learn/develop in practice. Maybe they get some quality minutes from him in year two.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22