Suns at Hornets 8ET MY45

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
I guess you don't have logic or a sense of humor. I will always put Nash ahead of Stoudemire as far as who's a better NBA player or leader. But I will defend Amare when he is getting trashed by pessimistic and/or ******** " i'm blowing everything out of proportion" fans.
Did you see the part where amare fumbled the rebound after a missed FT with no one near him? That was pretty awesome of him. Coulda been 5 rebounds for STAT but the air conditioning in the arena took one away from the poor fella.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
dude, the only thing funny about what you said was just how bizarre of smack it was. "now go count Amare's minutes on the toilet?" that smack's not only not funny, but it just makes zero sense whatsoever.

is it pessimistic to point out that he once again had a really poor rebounding game? or is it just what it is? no need to call people retards.

I agree on not calling people retards, I will say that people do have ******** opinions however. Including you sometimes.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
Did you see the part where amare fumbled the rebound after a missed FT with no one near him? That was pretty awesome of him. Coulda been 5 rebounds for STAT but the air conditioning in the arena took one away from the poor fella.

Yes I saw that and I took it as it is. That's like trying to catch the popsicle that unintentionally falls out of the freezer right when you open up the door. But I'm sure you still bend down to pick it up and suck on that thing.

edit: So you would've done a much better job there.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it. Trade Amare. His value is still pretty high. You could plug Diaw in at the PF spot and he'll probably give you 14/6/4 as a starter. Play Lopez and Amundson more off the bench. Lopez is (occasionally) adequate, and Amundson at least hustles his ass off.

I'm sure Amare would be able to net a few solid players and a high pick.

Last edited:

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe we should trade Amare for David West, since he averages a whole 6.5 boards per game himself.

Seriously, Amare has NEVER been a dominant rebounder and will never be. Expecting him to all of a sudden pull down 13 boards every night is pointless, because it's never going to happen.

Just like expecting Robin Lopez to become a great offensive player. We obviously drafted him for defense and rebounding! Oh wait, he just fouls pepole and gets zero rebounds in 20 minutes.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yes I saw that and I took it as it is. That's like trying to catch the popsicle that unintentionally falls out of the freezer right when you open up the door. But I'm sure you still bend down to pick it up and suck on that thing.

LOL. Dropping a basketball is like a popsicle that falls out of the freezer. :biglaugh:

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
We were the only team to not have a 3 game losing streak, right?

Now that down in the drain.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
That's a pretty good analogy. Except the popsicle is a basketball. And you're ready to catch it without anything else interfering with your task. And this is something you've been doing for many years. And there's a few millions of dollars in it for you if you're actually good at catching it. Besides all those things, your analogy was spot on!

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
That's a pretty good analogy. Except the popsicle is a basketball. And you're ready to catch it without anything else interfering with your task. And this is something you've been doing for many years. And there's a few millions of dollars in it for you if you're actually good at catching it. Besides all those things, your analogy was spot on!

I'm going to have to disagree slightly, only because I did see that play, and the ball came off a funny angle with some speed on it.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
And I think it's funny that there are only two types of people that post here for the most part, the people who lump everything on Amare and then the rest of us who have to go overboard to defend him.

He is what he is, he's flawed just like Nash was and always has been, but he's all we've got now. ALL of our guys have regressed almost to the point of absurdity. Remember what Nash, Diaw, Bell, Barbosa were like in 2006? What the hell happened to those players, they're all completely gone.

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809PHO.HTM

It's not the best measure of who is the most important to a team, but those numbers have been dominated by Nash as long as we've had him. Not anymore.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it. Trade Amare. His value is still pretty high. You could plug Diaw in at the PF spot and he'll probably give you 14/6/4 as a starter. Play Lopez and Amundson more off the bench. Lopez is (occasionally) adequate, and Amundson at least hustles his ass off.

I'm sure Amare would be able to net a few solid players and a high pick.

Thank you Sir! I couldn't agree more. Hell, you might even be able to get rid of another bad contract and pick up a draft pick or two.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
It's too hilarious. Really funny.

Amare and his rebounding or anything about him for that matter were not being mentioned this aggressively up until two weeks ago, before we lost 5 of our last 10. Does anyone understand the term bandwagon? He has been an under 10 rebounds player so far for his entire career. But NOW we're going to talk about it THIS MUCH????

WEIRD.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Amare and his rebounding or anything about him for that matter were not being mentioned this aggressively up until two weeks ago, before we lost 5 of our last 10. Does anyone understand the term bandwagon? He has been an under 10 rebounds player so far for his entire career. But NOW we're going to talk about it THIS MUCH????

WEIRD.

Dude- you've been here since March. Most of us have been here since 2002, and were on the old board before 2002. We have talked about Amare's rebounding for YEARS!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
No Wonder it's weird.

When someone starts talking (again) about how he wants to be the go to guy, how he should be put in the same category as LeBron, DWade, DHoward, etc., and averages less than 9 rbs per game as a PF, and plays little or no defense, then yes - it's weird.

As the say, if you talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk (did I butcher that? :) )

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Shaq hasn't made much difference in previous Hornets games. There's really no one for him to guard - he can't keep up with Tyson.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
It's about time that joined date matter came into play.

I'm going to strike this one out though because I put in the word aggressively, meaning throughout games, after the game, before the game, a thread on his rebounding in between the game etc etc. I'm going to believe here that he hasn't been this much hated on until now, because he's considered the focal point in losing for sometime this season, at least I interpret it to be that way for only being here since......MARCH!!!

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
No Wonder it's weird.

When someone starts talking (again) about how he wants to be the go to guy, how he should be put in the same category as LeBron, DWade, DHoward, etc., and averages less than 9 rbs per game as a PF, and plays little or no defense, then yes - it's weird.

What he said was that he wants his team to go to him more. I didn't get "I want people to consider me to be as good as Lebron James!" at all out of his statements. What does his rebounding have to do with the fact that he shouldn't have to defer shots to people like Leandro Barbosa, Raja Bell, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes? Amare takes 13 shots a game. Russell Westbrook takes 12.

Who is Russell Westbrook, you ask? Exactly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Amare and his rebounding or anything about him for that matter were not being mentioned this aggressively up until two weeks ago, before we lost 5 of our last 10.

i've talked about Amare's rebounding for two years... and so have a lot of other people.

Does anyone understand the term bandwagon? He has been an under 10 rebounds player so far for his entire career. But NOW we're going to talk about it THIS MUCH????

WEIRD.

when his numbers continue to drop (which they've done the last two seasons) as his talk rises, it shouldn't be a surprise that he's going to get even more criticism then he's already taken on this baord re: rebounding/defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree on not calling people retards, I will say that people do have ******** opinions however. Including you sometimes.

can't you just say you disagree with them instead of personally attacking them?

and what is ******** about believing that Amare's rebounding was piss poor tonight and has been most of the season? especially for a guy who considers himself a super-duper-star?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should trade Amare for David West, since he averages a whole 6.5 boards per game himself.

Seriously, Amare has NEVER been a dominant rebounder and will never be. Expecting him to all of a sudden pull down 13 boards every night is pointless, because it's never going to happen.

why does it have to be one extreme or the other? who's asking for 13 a night? He's an average rebounder. We'd like for him to be above average and considering his ridiculous talent/athleticism/belief that he's a super-star, why is that so much to ask?

it's not a black and white issue. he doesn't have to be a dominant rebounder. good would be nice though.

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
can't you just say you disagree with them instead of personally attacking them?

and what is ******** about believing that Amare's rebounding was piss poor tonight and has been most of the season? especially for a guy who considers himself a super-duper-star?

This team has way bigger problems.

How about having two players who are among the worst pick and roll defenders to ever set foot on the court at this stage of their careers, and then Amare and Raja's horrible D on top of that? How about a shooting guard who gives up the most production to the opposition at his position in the entire league, and then contributes absolutely nothing beyond the ability to hit an open three point shot? What about the inexplicable regression of two young guys who used to be a huge part of this team, on top of the regression of the older guys we expected it from? How about the attitude of complaining to the press from all of our guys, particularly Nash who has always been a vocal and positive leader? Does that not have a huge negative effect on the team? I really think it does.

And yes, given his abilities it's not unreasonable to want Amare to be a good rebounder. But it's not going to happen. Why has Nash always been so horrible defensively? He hasn't lacked the desire, footspeed, or smarts to be a good defender. After a certain number of years you just have to accept certain things about certain players. Amare isn't in his second year anymore.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The more I watch the more I think Amare's lack of defense is due to lack of ability and not lack of effort.

Every time he tries to hustle and play D he gets in foul trouble. He just doesn't seem to possess the skills necessary to be a good defender.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
What he said was that he wants his team to go to him more. I didn't get "I want people to consider me to be as good as Lebron James!" at all out of his statements. What does his rebounding have to do with the fact that he shouldn't have to defer shots to people like Leandro Barbosa, Raja Bell, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes? Amare takes 13 shots a game. Russell Westbrook takes 12.

Who is Russell Westbrook, you ask? Exactly.

From the ESPN article:

I put in a lot of hard work in the offseason to take that next step to really be in the class of D-Wade and LeBron (James) and Dwight (Howard),” Stoudemire said.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The thing is that Amare is not even going after rebounds. He is not even blocking out. He barely does anything unless he has a basketball in his hands.
The thing with Nash is that he just doesn't have what it takes to be a good defender. He is not quick enough or strong enough to defend above average players. However, he does what he can- he is smart, so he draws offensive fouls.
My frustration with Stoudemire is that he has what it takes to be a good defender and rebounder, but he just lacks effort. If he had the heart and desire of Matt Barnes or Grant Hill, he could be on an all-defensive team every year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05