Suns at Knicks 1/21

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
We were doing very well b4 OT loss to Denver. That game changed our momentum badly. Fllowed up by a careless home loss to the wolves. Now we r done.

If Kerr couldn't pull a very damn right deal out of his hat quick enough, the season is over.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns defensive rebounds tonight:

1. O'Neal: 11 in 38 min
2. JRich: 7 in 36 min
3. Nash: 6 in 39 min
4. Hill: 4 in 32 min
5. Barnes: 4 in 21 min
6. Amare: 2 in 39 min

For the Knicks, David Lee: 13 in 35 min

16 more turnovers, right on the season average.

Every Suns starter had a +. Every Suns bench player had a -. For the Knicks, almost opposite. Go figure.

Heavy minutes again for Nash (39) and Shaq (38). Nash with 19 assists.

Pretty humiliating loss. I wonder what Kerr will say.
Seems to be the norm as of late doesn't it?
Inexcusable.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We were doing very well b4 OT loss to Denver. That game changed our momentum badly. Fllowed up by a careless home loss to the wolves. Now we r done.
I still think that sitting Shaq in the Denver game had a lot to do with it. It was a mistake, just as it is a mistake to play him 40 minutes when he does play. At that point we have won 6 out of 7. Since then we've lost 4 out of 5.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Suns defensive rebounds tonight:

1. O'Neal: 11 in 38 min
2. JRich: 7 in 36 min
3. Nash: 6 in 39 min
4. Hill: 4 in 32 min
5. Barnes: 4 in 21 min
6. Amare: 2 in 39 min

For the Knicks, David Lee: 13 in 35 min

16 more turnovers, right on the season average.

Every Suns starter had a +. Every Suns bench player had a -. For the Knicks, almost opposite. Go figure.

Heavy minutes again for Nash (39) and Shaq (38). Nash with 19 assists.

Pretty humiliating loss. I wonder what Kerr will say.

I'm upset that Amare had less rebound (4) to Steve Nash (6). The score were so close, if we could have defend our board a little better ...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Suns clearly had much more talent than the Knicks... a wide gap. For awhile I was feeling sorry for them when the Suns were feeding Shaq early in the game. The Knicks looked so small it didn't seem fair. Then the Suns faded into mediocrity. Really the Knicks did not belong on on the same floor with the Suns but yet the Suns lost.

However, I will say that Lee is one very solid big man.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man Amare is the worst rebounder in the league period 4 freaking rebounds are you kidding me :(, another disgusting loss we need to make another move soon or else we may not make the playoffs....

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
After this game, I seriously doubt if the Knicks would trade Lee + crappy fillers for Amare. Lee's trade value has increased seriously, while Amare is free falling.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After this game, I seriously doubt if the Knicks would trade Lee + crappy fillers for Amare. Lee's trade value has increased seriously, while Amare is free falling.

Lee is rock solid every night. I cannot see him being traded.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Man Amare is the worst rebounder in the league period 4 freaking rebounds are you kidding me :(, another disgusting loss we need to make another move soon or else we may not make the playoffs....

Man if I was 6-10 and played 30 plus minutes a game I could get 4 rebounds accidentally. Amare is a waste. See ya.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Lee is rock solid every night. I cannot see him being traded.

Rumor is that the Knicks are nearly forced to trade him, because they are worried that if they extend him, he'll interfere with their anticipated 2010 free agent bonanza. Probably the Knicks are holding out hope that they can package Lee with one of their longer-term dead weight deals (Curry or Jeffries) in exchange for something up by 2010 and some draft picks.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Man if I was 6-10 and played 30 plus minutes a game I could get 4 rebounds accidentally. Amare is a waste. See ya.

He's just too slow. Watch him on the defensive board. By the time he knows where the ball is going, someone else already has it. Blocking out would help, but the main problem is that his body isn't responding.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumor is that the Knicks are nearly forced to trade him, because they are worried that if they extend him, he'll interfere with their anticipated 2010 free agent bonanza. Probably the Knicks are holding out hope that they can package Lee with one of their longer-term dead weight deals (Curry or Jeffries) in exchange for something up by 2010 and some draft picks.

I wish the Suns had something to barter for him.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He's just too slow. Watch him on the defensive board. By the time he knows where the ball is going, someone else already has it. Blocking out would help, but the main problem is that his body isn't responding.

I don't buy that, Eric. If it was mainly about speed, Shaq wouldn't be anywhere near double digits in rebounds. I think it's a combination of laziness, low basketball IQ, and to some degree, as you point out, lack of explosiveness he had in the past.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't buy that, Eric. If it was mainly about speed, Shaq wouldn't be anywhere near double digits in rebounds.

That's an unfair comparison, because O'Neal is twice as large as anyone he plays against. His sheer bulk makes it difficult for anyone to rebound around or over him. Stoudemire is relatively small by PF standards, so he has to rebound using traditional tools, all of which he lacks.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
That's an unfair comparison, because O'Neal is twice as large as anyone he plays against. His sheer bulk makes it difficult for anyone to rebound around or over him. Stoudemire is relatively small by PF standards, so he has to rebound using traditional tools, all of which he lacks.

I have to remind u, there r a couple of 6-8, 6-9 PFs in the league averaging more rebounds than Amare.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I think this game officially puts amare below 8rpg.

cly2tw

Reaction score

Amare has a technical problem that every motion of his starts with contraction of upper body muscle particular around his shoulders. This makes him stiff to react to changing environment, though it makes his committed moves towards basket so powerful. In early years, he'd just try to jump to the ball for rebound like Marion does without boxing out, which gets him more rebounds just due to his muscle and jumping strength. Now, he is trying to box out his man, but becomes inflexible to grab rebounds. That's why Barnes, Nash, Hill etc all storm in to get rebounds in front of him while he was all committed to box out. Yet, his boxing out technic does not look natural so that sometimes when the ball bounces too long, he is unable, too late in reaction, to get them either. His game is currently in a mess right now, particularly now his midrange jumper has deserted him too.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just got home from the game. MSG is an awesome place to watch a game. There isn't a bad seat in the house, it was packed and the crowd had great energy. I think the Suns, as usual, appeared fairly disinterested. Amare got pooped on by Lee and didn't seem to mind. In previous years Amare would've tried to dunk on Lee and either succeed or pick up a charge. I'm not sure if this is a sign of maturity or of lack of interest. Did anyone else notice that there was a drastic change in the way fouls were being called on Shaq between the first and second halves? I am assuming that this was due to officiating and not some defensive adjustment made by the Knicks coach. I have heard that he is relatively slow to adjust.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just to clear something up. I'm pretty sure there were a couple people who said I was completely wrong when I called DA the jilted lover in the whole end of the season quagmire. Well, if you didn't believe me then, maybe you believe me now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=ApzY3xVE6hx2Lt_KbMBEUHWJ0bYF?gid=2009012118

"Before the game, D’Antoni said facing the Suns wouldn’t be as emotional as the first meeting, which the Knicks lost 111-103 on Dec. 15 in Phoenix.

“It’s like being jilted by a lover,” he said. “Days go by, and you get over it.”

I still agree with dumping DA's ass but good god did SarvKerr do what they do best and go ultra cheap with his replacement and now, they're getting what they paid for.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
just to clear something up. I'm pretty sure there were a couple people who said I was completely wrong when I called DA the jilted lover in the whole end of the season quagmire. Well, if you didn't believe me then, maybe you believe me now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=ApzY3xVE6hx2Lt_KbMBEUHWJ0bYF?gid=2009012118

"Before the game, D’Antoni said facing the Suns wouldn’t be as emotional as the first meeting, which the Knicks lost 111-103 on Dec. 15 in Phoenix.

“It’s like being jilted by a lover,” he said. “Days go by, and you get over it.”

I still agree with dumping DA's ass but good god did SarvKerr do what they do best and go ultra cheap with his replacement and now, they're getting what they paid for.

It never mattered who was coaching this disaster of a roster. I think this year would've been more entertaining if they had kept Dantoni around. Not because of SSOL, but because of some sort of feud between Dantoni and Kerr.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amare has a technical problem that every motion of his starts with contraction of upper body muscle particular around his shoulders. This makes him stiff to react to changing environment, though it makes his committed moves towards basket so powerful. In early years, he'd just try to jump to the ball for rebound like Marion does without boxing out, which gets him more rebounds just due to his muscle and jumping strength. Now, he is trying to box out his man, but becomes inflexible to grab rebounds. That's why Barnes, Nash, Hill etc all storm in to get rebounds in front of him while he was all committed to box out. Yet, his boxing out technic does not look natural so that sometimes when the ball bounces too long, he is unable, too late in reaction, to get them either. His game is currently in a mess right now, particularly now his midrange jumper has deserted him too.
watching some games this year in person...

amare is actually a small guy compared to most true PF and centers.
i dont think he's actually 6'10" and around 250lbs.
he's maybe 6'9" and 220lbs.

he's giving up a lot of weight down there. and he's really a slim guy this year. im afraid that trimming down to save his knees, has him giving up a lot of lbs down low.

his lack of mass, and low Bball iq dont equal a lot of rebounds.
but also, in his defense, he has allowed shaq or someone else to get the rebound when he could easily pad his stats.

i dont like his lack of aggresiveness. eye of the tiger! the fire seems gone.
he should be like a dog, going after every thing.

for comparo, Lou is listed as 6'9" and 225lbs.
and seems to have a lot more of that killing instinct that amare's missing, and more rebounds too.lol

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I honestly think that amares knee might be starting to go, he just gets more and more lazy.

It is time to make a trade QUICK before the **** hits the fan and he ends up out for 10-15+ games or some type of other bs screwing us up big time.

At this point I don't even care about having cap space to try to sign Dwade or bosh anymore. There will be something like 15 teams competing for those guys when lebron and cp and other players resign with their teams. So whoever has the best setup AND cap space will get those guys and Amare + LB + capspace is pretty much garbage to build around compared to what other teams will have.

I like that Baron and Zach randolph for Nash and Shaq trade. This gives the clippers an absolute assload of capspace which I don't think they could pass up. Baron is injured on and off but it is a hell of a lot better when he is healthy then relying on a nash who is getting seriously older.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser