Suns at Lakers 3-22-11

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
As much as i would have loved Brooks on the floor, there is no way the Suns could have gotten away with him and Nash on the floor. And it is ridiculous to ask him to sit Nash a superstar in crunch time.
I do think he should have let Carter sit

Boxing out cost us more than anything, how many times did Odom get an offensive board because no one was around him? A lot of key offensive rebounds for the Lakers.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Stupid play...Gentry is done. Stick a fork in him, he costs us games with his love for Lopez and Carter. Always next year, hope we find a good coach, we have a great team. We outscored the Lakers by like 20 points once Lopez sat.

We could have started Gortat and rested him, after we built the lead up. If you think we couldn't have built the lead up...how did we come back?:D

Lopez has no business starting, Gentry starts Gortat against the crappy teams and only in the second half. Always next year.

Our starters and our bench played good enough to win tonight, but their time management on the court was horrible, and some big shots fell in the wrong hands...you suck Carter, and I mean you suck! :D Always next year.

The starters and the bench didn't do themselves in their favor by the bad way the finished the 1st qtr and the 2nd-3rd qtr stretch where they didn't score in like a 7 min stretch.

Carter.. go AWAY... GO FAR, FAR AWAY

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Came back from 20 on the champions, i give the coaching staff credit (note the word "coaching staff"). If we have just a more dependable SG, this game could have been won
You watched a completely different game than I.
We lost this game because of how we started the second half. We had every player we needed on our roster to win this game, most were spent because your coach sucks. The others stayed on the bench while Lopez and Carter played because your coach sucks. :p

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
We lost this game because of how we started the second half. We had every player we needed on our roster to win this game, most were spent because your coach sucks. The others stayed on the bench while Lopez and Carter played because your coach sucks. :p

Lopez wasn't the problem as he played so few mins and was a non-factor. VC was a factor for all the wrong reasons. Half man, half retired

I wish Childress got his mins at least he'd TRY to play D

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Came back from 20 on the champions, i give the coaching staff credit (note the word "coaching staff"). If we have just a more dependable SG, this game could have been won
Dudley finished with a +10, the best on the team.
Carter finished with a -20, the worst on the team.

But Carter got the bulk of the minutes at Shooting Guard in the 3 overtimes.

Unfreakingbelievable. Someone get Alvin Gentry a seeing eye dog.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is unbelievable. You guys are taking whining to a whole new level.

We lost in triple overtime to the defending champs. IN LA. Frye and Gortat have career nights and Nash has 20 assists.

It's hilarious that you people actually WANT us to tank the season, but when we actually lose, you whine like little kids. Make up your damn minds! Being hypocritical isn't exactly endearing.

The playoffs and the championship are a pipe dream. I'd just like to see the Suns play well and not get blown out in an entertaining game. And tonight's game? Mission accomplished.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Piatrus should have played carters mins all night he plays better d and shoots better!

Pietrus has become a black hole lately, VC is all but retired, and Dudley is solid but unspectacular. The real reason for our losses a complete and utter lack of production from the SG position.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lopez wasn't the problem as he played so few mins and was a non-factor. VC was a factor for all the wrong reasons. Half man, half retired

I wish Childress got his mins at least he'd TRY to play D
I disagree... Lopez hurts us both ways when he is on the court. Watch the tape amigo, I'm not having this debate...again, if you think he should be starting that's your opinion. If you don't think it hurts us to go down by 20, it's all good. We have a completely different take on B-ball. :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pietrus plays decent defense, but I have better shot selection as Mikael Pietrus in NBA Live.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I agree the game was fun and I'm satisfied, but its okay to be critical of the mistakes. You can't ask for more effort from the Suns. In the end the Fakers with their gazillion dollars and guys like odom coming off the bench won.

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure what some of you expect from the team this year but sometimes a courageous effort in an important game is all you can really expect. Any game that goes to three overtimes is essentially a tie. Thetragedy is that this team is clearly better than the 8th seed but may not quite have enough time to pull it out. But well see. They can't afford to lose more than 2, maybe three more games, but im not giving up yet.

And I'm thinking i like our chances next year with gortat, Nash and frye to build around, plus a player to replace certers expiring contract.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol, I dont know what you are smoking man, but you need to change your supplier. That shiznit is doing major damage.
You went from saying we can steal one in LA to we have better players than the Lakers.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Pietrus plays decent defense, but I have better shot selection as Mikael Pietrus in NBA Live.

Hahaha, so you don't attempt MJ like fadeaways from the 22 foot mark?

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is unbelievable. You guys are taking whining to a whole new level.

We lost in triple overtime to the defending champs. IN LA. Frye and Gortat have career nights and Nash has 20 assists.

It's hilarious that you people actually WANT us to tank the season, but when we actually lose, you whine like little kids. Make up your damn minds! Being hypocritical isn't exactly endearing.

The playoffs and the championship are a pipe dream. I'd just like to see the Suns play well and not get blown out in an entertaining game. And tonight's game? Mission accomplished.
Who wants us to tank? I don't think we will make the playoffs after this loss and the energy out took out of us. I think Gentry is a ******* that thinks Lopez should start and it costed us our playoffs this year. I think the rest of theam played very well.

edukator1

Veteran
Reaction score

Just Frey Gortat has got 25 points in his c-h

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what some of you expect from the team this year but sometimes a courageous effort in an important game is all you can really expect. Any game that goes to three overtimes is essentially a tie. Thetragedy is that this team is clearly better than the 8th seed but may not quite have enough time to pull it out. But well see. They can't afford to lose more than 2, maybe three more games, but im not giving up yet.

And I'm thinking i like our chances next year with gortat, Nash and frye to build around, plus a player to replace certers expiring contract.

Thank you

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Lopez wasn't the problem as he played so few mins and was a non-factor.
That's exactly right! Meaning once Gortat came in the game midway through the 1st quarter, he never came out until halftime.

Once he came in the game midway through the 3rd quarter, he was in the game until the end of the triple-overtime.

Going against both a Laker refreshed bench and refreshed starters.

What coach in his right mind, or fan, can condone burning out his only skilled inside presence like that?

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boxing out cost us more than anything, how many times did Odom get an offensive board because no one was around him? A lot of key offensive rebounds for the Lakers.

Like i said, i would have loved for another player instead of Carter, but you are ridiculously bashing the coaching staff, like they had nothing to do with taking the Lakers to the limit. The only reason we are whinning is because we are out of the Playoff seeding, if not, this is an amazing game by the Suns

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol, I dont know what you are smoking man, but you need to change your supplier. That shiznit is doing major damage.
You went from saying we can steal one in LA to we have better players than the Lakers.
Where did I say we have better players than LA you silly crackhead? :D Put the pipe down, back away from the hooker.
I said and I've always said Lopez starting hurts the Suns, we have to make up and use all our energy to get back in the game.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tough game to lose. Both teams had chances to win much earlier, but in the end the Suns run out of juice while the Lakers and Kobe had a little bit left.

The Suns definitely played like their playoff hopes depended on this game. Unfortunately, with the loss the task becomes even more improbable now. And now they have to fly back to Phoenix and play Toronto tomorrow after a 3OT game. This loss can prove to be very costly. Still, a valiant effort. Wish we had seen it more often this season and against lesser opponents too.

Individually, Nash, Gortat and Frye were great. Brooks played well too in limited minutes. But Carter was awful. He was finally taken out of the game after the second OT but then had to come back when Hill fouled out. He is getting way too much playing time for what he actually delivers to the team. Dudley and Childress should be getting those minutes.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Exactly.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05