Suns at Lakers 3-22-11

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I can't take this anymore.. I can't remember a time where it hurt more to be a suns fan. We play so hard, never give up, make insane plays but we never win these huge games. EVER. What am I cheering for? It's like playing a game you can't win. Literally.

What's the point of playing with biased referees? Really. Like the announcer said "That's not a foul, that's an I'm Kobe Bryant, and you're not foul".

If it's not conspiring referees then its our defense, if its not defense its rebounding, if its not rebounding its our players, if its not our players its our coaching, if its not our coaching its the ownership, if its not the ownership its David Stern..

Seriously, what the ******* is it? I'm fed up. How many damn no calls were there in this pointless game? No respect.. It is so stupid that certain players get away with certain things.. NBA needs NFL type officiating where everything gets called no matter who you are.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
way to set the bar high :lame:

How high do you set it? We're not going anywhere even if we make the playoffs. A first round series against the Spurs or Lakers would be exciting, no doubt, but you can't possibly think we can advance past them. Hell, we'd be lucky to win more than a single game against them.

I'd rather have a mid-teens draft pick (our pick) than a mid-twenties draft pick (Orlando's pick) also, wouldn't you?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I disagree... Lopez hurts us both ways when he is on the court. Watch the tape amigo, I'm not having this debate...again, if you think he should be starting that's your opinion. If you don't think it hurts us to go down by 20, it's all good. We have a completely different take on B-ball. :)

The slide started torward the end of the 2nd qtr was when he wasn't even on the floor. We were owned in the paint and gave up board after board - THAT WAS WITH GORTAT IN THE LINEUP. Seriously your and BC's obsession with the guy is flat out unhealthy.

Our main problems in this game were twofold 1) couldn't guard Odom until he exhausted himslef and 2) lack of production from the SG position. The 5 mins of play from our backup C in a triple overtime game (in which he played like a backup C as in mediocre) had little to do with this loss

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The slide started torward the end of the 2nd qtr was when he wasn't even on the floor. We were owned in the paint and gave up board after board - THAT WAS WITH GORTAT IN THE LINEUP. Seriously your and BC's obsession with the guy is flat out unhealthy.

They are juggling his balls so hard the poor guy his blowing open layups, none of em mentioned how Gortat wasted so much time on the last play instead of taking it to the hole

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is unbelievable. You guys are taking whining to a whole new level.I'd just like to see the Suns play well and not get blown out in an entertaining game.

And tonight's game? Mission accomplished.
Chaplin, you and I are coming from two different directions.

The Suns came into town and entertained you.

My Suns went on the road and lost a game they could have won in their quest to squeeze into the playoffs.

Are we the "you guys" you're referring to in terms of whining? Now I understand your point of view in all your posts.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Our main problems in this game were twofold 1) couldn't guard Odom until he exhausted himslef and 2) lack of production from the SG position. The 5 mins of play from our backup C in a triple overtime game (in which he played like a backup C as in mediocre) had little to do with this loss
It's not a Gortat obsession, you and Britney Spears don't seem to understand this. :D

Lopez...say it with me...L-O-P-E-Z...when he starts, it's bad...say it with me B-A-D. :p

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They are juggling his balls so hard the poor guy his blowing open layups, none of em mentioned how Gortat wasted so much time on the last play instead of taking it to the hole
I thought you were convinced Lopez sucks? What happened? Did he sign your Lopez rookie card or something?:D

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
That's exactly right! Meaning once Gortat came in the game midway through the 1st quarter, he never came out until halftime.

Once he came in the game midway through the 3rd quarter, he was in the game until the end of the triple-overtime.

Going against both a Laker refreshed bench and refreshed starters.

What coach in his right mind, or fan, can condone burning out his only skilled inside presence like that?

The Lakers starters weren't refreshed. They barely got any rest due to a lack of production from their bench.

Seriously you are at the point where you're making stuff up now. Their bench was so awful that they gave up a 20 point lead.

Gortat got better as the game went along which goes along with this made up crap. You can't be taken seriously anymore. Your love affair with the dud has made you lose touch with reality

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were convinced Lopez sucks? What happened? Did he sign your Lopez rookie card or something?:D

We all know Lopez is inferior to gortat, but it is not the reason we are losing. Actually he did a decent job in the 1stQ where he played major minutes. We have more problem at the SG than the C

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chaplin, you and I are coming from two different directions.

The Suns came into town and entertained you.

My Suns went on the road and lost a game they could have won in their quest to squeeze into the playoffs.

Are we the "you guys" you're referring to in terms of whining?

Yeps. If it's not about the team losing, it's about Gortat not starting. Come now BC, I get you're upset about the loss, but come on, you're an intelligent guy, you know that we don't have a chance even if we get to the playoffs--can't you just watch an entertaining game and be entertained?

Sure, I was upset we lost for about 5 minutes, but then I remember that we are in 10th place in the west and need to lose only 3 more games the rest of the season when we play 8 more winning teams. The team will play hard the rest of the season--if they win, great. If they don't, well then they are EXACTLY what you and everyone else thinks they are--a mediocre team who would have no chance in the playoffs if they made it. At least we'll get a better draft pick if we miss them.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It's not a Gortat obsession, you and Britney Spears don't seem to understand this. :D

Lopez...say it with me...L-O-P-E-Z...when he starts, it's bad...say it with me B-A-D. :p

With Frye in the lineup and Lopez as the staring C we are 14-5 in our last 19 games. 14-5 with our starters just the way they are.

Obsession proven

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We all know Lopez is inferior to gortat, but it is not the reason we are losing. Actually he did a decent job in the 1stQ where he played major minutes. We have more problem at the SG than the C

+1

Although my wishlist in the summer includes a backup center to Gortat. THEN we can finally put Lopez out with the rest of the trash. But right now, he's what we got and we all just have to live with it--he certainly had nothing to do with the loss tonight. Unfortunately, he didn't have anything to do with the comeback either.

I don't think he deserves to start, but I don't think him starting makes a big difference one way or another.

edukator1

Veteran
Reaction score

Hmm...
You are probably Lopez sports agent :)

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Way to side step the point. Gortat not starting shows Gentry doesn't have a clue. We should have corrected this mistake a ways back, it's not all about Gortat with me bro. Lopez should be getting limited minutes only when Gortat needs rest because LOPEZ is that bad, against the better centers in the NBA he doesn't stand a chance. I think he could be valuable off the bench against the other bench quality centers.
We have issues and needs, but it's no reason not to fix what is obviously wrong, it's bad coaching.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to see this team as made up with JRich instead of Carter.

SG is far and away our most glaring problem right now. More than backup PF, more than backup PG and even more than our starting/backup C.

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
Playoffs are still very doable, at least if this team is as good as I think they really are. They are two games behind Memphis in the loss column, three behind NO. Memphis plays Boston, Chicago, Spurs in the next three games, plus two more against NO. If they lose the two against NO, then they are very catchable. And if they win the two against NO, then NO is very catchable, especiallywith the suns playing them twice. Meanwhile If the suns can take the lakers to OT in LA, then every game left is winnable.

And if they get in, i think the spurs can be beaten.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With Frye in the lineup and Lopez as the staring C we are 14-5 in our last 19 games. 14-5 with our starters just the way they are.

Obsession proven
Gortat is a bigger reason we win those games, look at the #s! Just because we overcome Lopez's suckiness doesn't make it right, are you serious?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Way to side step the point. Gortat not starting shows Gentry doesn't have a clue. We should have corrected this mistake a ways back, it's not all about Gortat with me bro. Lopez should be getting limited minutes only when Gortat needs rest because LOPEZ is that bad, against the better centers in the NBA he doesn't stand a chance. I think he could be valuable off the bench against the other bench quality centers.
We have issues and needs, but it's no reason not to fix what is obviously wrong, it's bad coaching.

STARTING LOPEZ OR STARTING GORTAT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE IN THE LONG RUN. It simply doesn't.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Gortat got better as the game went along. This he needs rest schpiel is getting annoying.

That SF who destroyed us through regulation (Odom) normally comes off of the bench for the Lakers. Obviously their coach is a complete frigging moron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05