Suns at Magic 3/3

cly2tw

Reaction score
Guokas pointed this out a number of times during the game, but when the pressure is on it's really easy to see what a symbiotic relationship Nash and Amare have.. even with as many weapons as Nash has around him he just looked completely lost for several stretches without the high pick and roll. Didn't expect to win this one anyway, but it would have been nice to not play like complete garbage in the 4th.

That's why we need to work on set plays without Nash handling the ball. If we don't want to go to Shaq which we didn't in the 4th, then we need to have more plays for LB et al. And for those clueless stretch Nash played, Dragic' def. hustle may have been better useful!:bang:

Haren

Veteran
Reaction score
The Suns lay an egg and the Dodgers just signed Manny. What a great day this has been. :(

Sovereignz

Registered
Reaction score
That's why we need to work on set plays without Nash handling the ball. If we don't want to go to Shaq which we didn't in the 4th, then we need to have more plays for LB et al. And for those clueless stretch Nash played, Dragic' def. hustle may have been better useful!:bang:

Yeah, we had trouble dumping down to Shaq with Howard fronting, but the attention he was getting should have freed other things up. And I definitely would like to see more set things for J-Rich, he's been playing great offensively and yet I still feel like he's more versatile than the opportunities he's getting. And the way Leandro has been playing for quite some time now dictates that he deserves to have the ball in his hands a bit more in my opinion. At the very least it keeps Nash a little bit fresher.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
It was a bad move on gentry's part to run barbs and nash on the field at the same time like he did. Forced dragic to play more than he should have he even played SG for a brief period of time what the hell is that?

Haren

Veteran
Reaction score
WTH The refs tried to kill us today. Oh well , forward to Miami .
How so? You can't blame the refs for every loss. Our inability to make shots down the stretch is what cost us this game. The refs weren't responsible for us shooting 26% in the 4th quarter, were they?

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
Yeah, we had trouble dumping down to Shaq with Howard fronting, but the attention he was getting should have freed other things up. And I definitely would like to see more set things for J-Rich, he's been playing great offensively and yet I still feel like he's more versatile than the opportunities he's getting. And the way Leandro has been playing for quite some time now dictates that he deserves to have the ball in his hands a bit more in my opinion. At the very least it keeps Nash a little bit fresher.

The commentators mentioned Stockton as a role model for Nash to emulate, realizing their decline in athletism. Stockton used to set great picks and free himself for catch-n-shoot, in addition to the greatest PnR duo plays of all time. The variety and yet not very complicated set of Stockton's team was very effective. We don't have it. When Nash dribbling is not getting us anywhere, we don't have, and never seriously work on, alternatives. That's so frustrating.

As an example, Shaq gets fronted successfully. Fine, where is the alternative to utilize the space opened up from that situation?!

cly2tw

Reaction score
It was a bad move on gentry's part to run barbs and nash on the field at the same time like he did. Forced dragic to play more than he should have he even played SG for a brief period of time what the hell is that?

Well, Dragic has a -2 in +/- stat in 11min, which is not bad. But Barnes and Hill both suffered with the roster of Hill starting at PF and Barnes off bench.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Well, Dragic has a -2 in +/- stat in 11min, which is not bad. But Barnes and Hill both suffered with the roster of Hill starting at PF and Barnes off bench.
Yea dragic didn't do too bad but he didn't do good either. Barnes was what really pissed me off, i'd rather see tucker play when barnes is just going to chuck away.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
WTH The refs tried to kill us today. Oh well , forward to Miami .

The officiating was terrible, but we had a 3 point lead heading into the 4th anyways. We have to hold on to that. Still don't understand why Nash and Dragic started the 4th quarter together. Dragic was an offensive liability tonight.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the other lopez goes for

22/11/3, game still has a minute to go.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does Grant Hill look like he is out of gas?? I have seen him miss more easy shots, commit offensive fouls and take crappy fouls trying to take a charges lately. Grant is just not looking good on about anything right now.

Also, this teams needs Swift for exactly the reasons we had seen tonight. They need another big body to take up some space. Barnes and some of our other shrimps got shot over time and time again. Then we gave up a bunch of second chance points because they only guys around the basket besides Shaq were a bunch short guys.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The refs did suck Howard would have fouled out of this game in the first half if they call it legit! Guy barrels his head and shoulders into Shaqs chest to drive him back come on if Shaq did that to anyone automatic offensive foul! Whatever we lost to one of the top teams in the league no shame in that just sucks when refs give many home court calls to them not sure how many balls out of bounds they kept giving them all to Magic! 38 fts to our 17 most of which were in the 4th trying to even out the box score that says it all right there!!!!!!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah turk got some and1 calls for him.
then there was that jrich foul on lewis durin crunch time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
a lot of shots were short..."clank".

tired legs.

even hill blew a layup.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
a lot of shots were short..."clank".

tired legs.

even hill blew a layup.
Their legs aren't gonna be any less tired tomorrow. Sigh.

0-2...what a great way to start off the most important road trip of the season. :rolleyes:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their legs aren't gonna be any less tired tomorrow. Sigh.

0-2...what a great way to start off the most important road trip of the season. :rolleyes:

0 -1 on this 4game rd trip.

we just won against la on sunday in phx.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I only watched less than half of the game by low quality stream. So correct me if you think my observation is bad.

#1. Gentry hasn't entirely figured out the right rotation for our wings. He is having a little trouble to decide who and when and what combination, among Barbosa, J.Rich, Hill, Barnes.

#2. The needs for a legit is more than DESPERATE. Whenver Shaq sits, we become a dwarf team.

#3. Hill and Barnes are giving up too much inches and pounds, keep doing this they might get a serious injury very soon.

#4. I don't expect Swift to do much, but adding him might help us a lot in rotation management, especially getting Hill the very damn needed rest.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The good:

We've scored 105 or more points in 8/9 games under Gentry. We've shot 47% or better from the field in 7/9 games.

The bad:

Our opponents have shot 46% or better in 7/9 games. Our opponents have shot 3 pointers at 38% or better in 7/9 games.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
The refs did suck Howard would have fouled out of this game in the first half if they call it legit! Guy barrels his head and shoulders into Shaqs chest to drive him back come on if Shaq did that to anyone automatic offensive foul! Whatever we lost to one of the top teams in the league no shame in that just sucks when refs give many home court calls to them not sure how many balls out of bounds they kept giving them all to Magic! 38 fts to our 17 most of which were in the 4th trying to even out the box score that says it all right there!!!!!!

Humor me. Just out of curiosity.... Have you ever made a post, victory or loss, where you haven't complained about the officiating?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05