Suns at Sonics 7:00 PM

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare has his head in the clouds some nights. Kobe never does. So once Amare gets that together he can be called a superstar.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Its cool how the fans on this forum hate on the Suns after a win. I think that shows a sign of true fans IMO.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Its cool how the fans on this forum hate on the Suns after a win. I think that shows a sign of true fans IMO.

The only victory in this game came in the W column. We had more loses than wins overall in this one, no doubt.

atikiN

Registered
Reaction score
reading isn't exactly your strong suit, is it? i never said it happens in a game frequently.
Considering I asked you to name a player who broken his ankle during a game and you gave me two players who broke it during a practice, it's your reading skills that should be called into question. Keep throwing around the personal insults though, it's really making your arguments stronger.

Need I remind you that Jason Kidd broke his ankle in a late March game back in 2000 which caused him to miss the rest of the regular season and start of the playoffs? So it definitely can happen, and Suns fans should already be familiar with it.
Very well, but that's 1 player int he past 8 years. Snow also had a fracture but he was able to play through it so it wasn't that serious.

Point is, a severely sprained ankle is about as bad a result as could be expected from Raja and rejoicing in the x-ray results coming back negative is something positive is just plain silly.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is with this stupid ankle arguing? Are you guys seriously still going?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
maybe you haven't read anything i've said? i said that i was not worried about Raja too much, because the x-rays were negative. I never said that surprised me either. I never said it was the end of the world that he sprained it, i simply said that if he can't play until the playoffs (which is very possible), we are in deep deep trouble. None of that is anything other than realistic. If anything, it is you that is far off in reality. We have no idea how this team will be in the playoffs, we can only speculate. The suns aren't changing the tempo of their (not there) play at all. They are still running, only with shaq. That seems a little "off in reality". I also would like to know where you see this halfcourt O and D. Their main front court players (none of which are very good), scored a total of 43 points. that's 43 points to petro, collison (off the bench), and Green. That means Green, who is a rookie, dropped 19 points on us. Almost every one of those 43 points came in the half court with a simple play ran through the post. That's some defense, huh? So now onto your point about improved offense... We turned the ball over 27 times. How much offense can you possibly get while turning the ball over 27 times? The front court that you described as being "bad ass" turned the ball over 13 times between them; almost half of the team's total turnovers. Amare had 9 of them himself, and he is our primary scoring threat in the half-court. In the post-season, turning the ball over like that will get you blown out. Rebounding is also huge in the post-season. How does amare and shaq coming up with 14 rebounds between them make you feel? that's pathetic. Diaw, who you seem to be very willing to criticize, lead the team with 10 rebounds. Interesting, isn't it? Collison and Petro, neither of whom are anything special, out rebounded that "bad add" front court of ours. How about free throws? those are pretty important come playoff time in the half-court, aren't they? well amare and shaq shot 7 of 16 from the line. That's less than half. Boy, they sound really dangerous now! Now you might try and say that making the free throws isn't everything as long as you get the opposing team into foul trouble. Unfortunately for that point, not one single player on the sonics had more than 3 whopping fouls. Amare alone had 5 fouls while playing against one of the worst front courts in the league. Imagine how he will do in the playoffs against good front courts. Sure doesn't look good, now does it?

At the end of the day, we only put up 110 points against the 2nd worst team in the league. Denver put up 168 against them, and they aren't even in the playoffs! We also gave up a total of 98 points, which is very sad considering we are supposed to be "improved" on the defensive end.

So now that i have proved everything you have said to be totally wrong in relation to tonight's game, please don't come around preaching about how good we are, especially after an embarrassing display such as tonight's game. Goodbye.

The Suns are making major changes and are about 70% of what they can be, I am starting to see the Suns do things that they were not able to do, there boxing men out and have a post game on both sides. Diaw lead in Rebounds, but re watch the game, he was pulling rebounds because Shaq or whoever boxed there guy out and let him get an easy rebound, Turn overs are just from the adjustments this team is making I expected them, Come end of the season when this team is clicking watch, they will be scary good!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
What is with this stupid ankle arguing? Are you guys seriously still going?

Think a lot of people, myself included, are a little paranoid about this injury. Raja was hot and playing excellent defense when he went down.

I want to put this off until tomorrow when we figure out the diagnosis, but im impatient.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Considering I asked you to name a player who broken his ankle during a game and you gave me two players who broke it during a practice, it's your reading skills that should be called into question. Keep throwing around the personal insults though, it's really making your arguments stronger.

Very well, but that's 1 player int he past 8 years. Snow also had a fracture but he was able to play through it so it wasn't that serious.

Point is, a severely sprained ankle is about as bad a result as could be expected from Raja and rejoicing in the x-ray results coming back negative is something positive is just plain silly.

maybe you didn't read the part where i said that it doesn't matter at all whether it happens in a game or practice. the point is that ankle breaks do happen in basketball. Practice is basketball just as much as a game is basketball. I was simply stating that if it can happen in practice (which clearly it can), then it can happen in a game. If Kidd would have injured his in practice, would it have made any difference? no, not at all. I said earlier that i wasn't looking for people who had done it in a game, but people who had done it at all in the NBA.
A severely sprained ankle is not as bad as it could be. In case you weren't aware, an x-ray doesn't show muscles or tendons or anything like that. He could very well have a tear in his heel (which elindholm so kindly pointed out). That would probably have him shelved longer than a sprain.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Amare has his head in the clouds some nights. Kobe never does. So once Amare gets that together he can be called a superstar.

Amare has the talent to be MVP in the NBA, but his head needs an adjustment. When your teammates are hustling around trying to make the opponents shot difficult, being lazy on a defensive rotation and giving up easy buckets late in the shot clock brings the whole team down. Its like you've undone everyone elses hustle, all for nothing. I think I understand the dynamic a little better in the suns locker room now. Everyone has their assignment and duties ina team concept and amare lacks the consistency in focus of a winner. Hopefully shaq can teach him the error of his ways. Your teammates wont respect you when you let them down repeatedly, even if you have alot of talent. Champions know how to be consistent in the team concept, perhaps amare will learn this from shaq. If amare wants to be considered with the top MVP candidates, its not about a good publicist, its about consistency of effort and talent. He has the talent, but he must add the effort.

bigfoot

Mystery solved.
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, watching this game just today.
I must say that Seattle arena sounded like home court. Ooohs and aaahs every Suns basket... it's so weirdly funny! :)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Amare has the talent to be MVP in the NBA, but his head needs an adjustment. When your teammates are hustling around trying to make the opponents shot difficult, being lazy on a defensive rotation and giving up easy buckets late in the shot clock brings the whole team down. Its like you've undone everyone elses hustle, all for nothing. I think I understand the dynamic a little better in the suns locker room now. Everyone has their assignment and duties ina team concept and amare lacks the consistency in focus of a winner. Hopefully shaq can teach him the error of his ways. Your teammates wont respect you when you let them down repeatedly, even if you have alot of talent. Champions know how to be consistent in the team concept, perhaps amare will learn this from shaq. If amare wants to be considered with the top MVP candidates, its not about a good publicist, its about consistency of effort and talent. He has the talent, but he must add the effort.

No!! That's blasphemy! :)

nash2crosby

Reaction score
Bigfoot--All the cheering you hear for the Suns in Seattle is all the Canadians going to the game to see Nash and the Suns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05